+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Here is a healthy salad!
Gem lettuce, tomato, cucumber,sardines in tomato sauce, 1 Hea of cheese & red french carmarge rice (from Sainsbury's)

Red Carmarge Rice Salad-2 (Small).JPG

Cheese and bacon potato skins, Quorn sausage, green salad, mushrooms fried in frylight and black pepper and quark with chopped chives. Was delicious!

image-1981119045.jpg

DSC_1154.JPG Sticky chicken boiled rice and SW chips

3 tbsp of each soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and honey mix together in a bowl, pan fry diced chicken and pour over the sauce. Turn up the heat under the pan (i used a wok) until the sauce bubbles, keep stirring until the liquid becomes sticky and starts sticking to the pan. Pour over your rice.

SW chips - Cut chips as normal part cook in microwave for 6.5 mins transfer to oven tray or one of those mesh trays and spray with frylight. Cook on 200 deg for about 20 mins voila

View attachment 118502 Sticky chicken boiled rice and SW chips

3 tbsp of each soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and honey mix together in a bowl, pan fry diced chicken and pour over the sauce. Turn up the heat under the pan (i used a wok) until the sauce bubbles, keep stirring until the liquid becomes sticky and starts sticking to the pan. Pour over your rice.

SW chips - Cut chips as normal part cook in microwave for 6.5 mins transfer to oven tray or one of those mesh trays and spray with frylight. Cook on 200 deg for about 20 mins voila

How many syns please?

Sag Aloo -

Fry Light
1 onion, finely chopped
2/3 garlic cloves, sliced
1 tbsp chopped ginger
500g potatoes, cut into 2cm, ¾in chunks
1 large red chilli, halved, deseeded and finely sliced
½ tsp each mustard seeds, cumin seeds and turmeric
250g spinach leaves

Heat the fry light in a large pan, add the onion, garlic and ginger, and fry for about 3 mins. Stir in the potatoes, chilli, spices and half a tsp salt and continue cooking and stirring for 5 mins more. Add a good splash of water, cover, and cook for 8-10 mins.

Check the potatoes are ready by spearing with the point of a knife, and if they are, add the spinach and let it wilt into the pan. Season
to taste and take off the heat and serve.

I usually par boil the potatoes for about 5-10 mins first as it makes step one quicker and sometimes add more spices as I go but all depends on your taste :)

Sag Aloo -

Fry Light
1 onion, finely chopped
2/3 garlic cloves, sliced
1 tbsp chopped ginger
500g potatoes, cut into 2cm, ¾in chunks
1 large red chilli, halved, deseeded and finely sliced
½ tsp each mustard seeds, cumin seeds and turmeric
250g spinach leaves

Heat the fry light in a large pan, add the onion, garlic and ginger, and fry for about 3 mins. Stir in the potatoes, chilli, spices and half a tsp salt and continue cooking and stirring for 5 mins more. Add a good splash of water, cover, and cook for 8-10 mins.

Check the potatoes are ready by spearing with the point of a knife, and if they are, add the spinach and let it wilt into the pan. Season
to taste and take off the heat and serve.

I usually par boil the potatoes for about 5-10 mins first as it makes step one quicker and sometimes add more spices as I go but all depends on your taste :)

This sounds lovely, definitely giving it a go next week! Thank you for the recipe.

Kheema Curry & Indian Spiced Cabbage

This is the curry I made from the Extra Easy Cookbook. I've not done SW for over 3 yrs so not even sure if they still sell it?? But here's the recipe (and my tweeks). I served it with Indian Spiced Caramelized Cabbage. Enjoy!!

Kheema Curry:
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp finely grated ginger
1 tbsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ground coriander
3 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
pinch of cayenne
1lb ground turkey (or whatever meat you like)
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
small container of mushrooms, sliced
2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
small bag (7oz) sugar snap peas, trimmed
large handful of fresh coriander, chopped
1/2 lemon, juice

1) In a heavy pan, saute the onion in a little oil until it softens. Add the garlic, spices, and ground turkey. Cook over high heat for 4-5 mins.

2) Stir in the tomatoes, mushrooms & carrots. Season well with salt & pepper, cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.

3) Add the sugar snap peas, cover and simmer for a further 15-20 mins. Allow to sit for 10 mins. Add the lemon juice and fresh cilantro. (remove the cardamom pods)

Indian Spiced Cabbage:
1 tbsp coconut or olive oil (6 syns)
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tsp. turmeric
pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 head of cabbage, cored, sliced thinly, then chopped
2 any color peppers, chopped
1/2 lemon, juice
handful of fresh coriander, chopped
1 tsp. salt

Heat oil in a very large skillet or wok. Add the spices and stir until fragrant, a minute or two. Then add half the cabbage. Stir for about five minutes until starting to wilt. Then add everything else, cooking for about 20-30 minutes until the cabbage becomes caramelized. It should start to brown a bit. Once it has the texture you want and the volume has decreased significantly, then it is ready to serve. Add lemon juice, cilantro, salt, then taste, and add more if you like.

Attachments

• 2014-01-10 18.50.15.jpg
    2014-01-10 18.50.15.jpg
    1,002.1 KB · Views: 580
I've just done the BBQ pulled pork from the SW site and it was gorgeous. We've both had 2 wholemeal rolls and there's enough for another sandwich and a dinner at least. I tweaked the recipe a little. Some people said it was a bit vinegary so I only put 2 tbspns balsamic vinegar in and some said it lacked the smokiness of BBQ sauce so I added half a tspn of smoked paprika. It could probably have taken a whole tspn but was lovely anyway! Put it int he slow cooker for about 7 hours and it was falling apart when I got it out. Boiled the sauce rapidly on the hob for about 10 mins so it thickened a bit and mixed some in with the meat and put a bit on top and there's still some left to do something with in the week. This is going to be a firm favourite recipe from now on!

Hahahahaa i had to go to the fridge and get some grapes as these pics made me v hungry, roll on dinnertime!!

Sundays lunch.
Beef Stroganof with potato, red cabbage, roast carrots, parsnips, leeks, peas Beef Stroganof (2014)-2 (Small).JPG

Experimental Pumpkin seed cheesecake! Watch this space for the finished recipe........Pumpkin Cheesecake (Small).JPGPumpkin Cheesecake-2 (Small).JPG

Back