+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

That looks delicious! Can I have the recipe please?

CREAMY VEGGIE TAGLIATELLE WITH BABYBEL MELT IN THE MIDDLE BURGERS

recipe adapted from original by viv- thank you

serves 3

for the burgers:-

the recipe asked for mince but i used some steak i had in the freezer. i let it defrost a bit then blitzed it in the food processor, that way it stays in mince consistency not a puree.!

so, either a pack of mince or steak minced up.
6 babybel lights ( 2 syns each or 3 for a hea)
2 tsp garlic granules/powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chilli powder
2 beef oxos

for the pasta:-
1 onion chopped
1 red pepper chopped
1 courgette sliced
5 mushrooms sliced
tin of tomatoes
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp tomato puree
2 tbsp of garlic herb philly
tagliatelle

cook pasta as pack instructions and preheat oven gas 6

mix burger ingredients together and season then shape around the babybels spray with frylight and place on a tray in the oven for 10 mins or until cooked. mine cooked really quickly and were succulent and delicious.

fry light a pan and add the peppers, onions and courgettes, cook for 2 mins then add mushrooms and tbsp water.

add a tin of tomatoes & the oregano.

when thats all cooked through, stir in 2 tbsp (30g) of garlic & herb philly, i used tescos brand as philadelphia was out of stock. (1.5 syns)
i used some garlic and chilli freshly ground salt to season

serve with the burgers and a salad or garlic bread reduced fat (4.5 syns per slice in tesco)

really delicious

Ahhh I love taking photos of my food, will be sure to post them on here in the future! :)

This is the curry I made from the Extra Easy Cookbook. I've not done SW for over 3 yrs so not even sure if they still sell it?? But here's the recipe (and my tweeks). I served it with Indian Spiced Caramelized Cabbage. Enjoy!!

Kheema Curry:
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp finely grated ginger
1 tbsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ground coriander
3 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
pinch of cayenne
1lb ground turkey (or whatever meat you like)
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
small container of mushrooms, sliced
2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
small bag (7oz) sugar snap peas, trimmed
large handful of fresh coriander, chopped
1/2 lemon, juice

1) In a heavy pan, saute the onion in a little oil until it softens. Add the garlic, spices, and ground turkey. Cook over high heat for 4-5 mins.

2) Stir in the tomatoes, mushrooms & carrots. Season well with salt & pepper, cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.

3) Add the sugar snap peas, cover and simmer for a further 15-20 mins. Allow to sit for 10 mins. Add the lemon juice and fresh cilantro. (remove the cardamom pods)

Indian Spiced Cabbage:
1 tbsp coconut or olive oil (6 syns)
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tsp. turmeric
pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 head of cabbage, cored, sliced thinly, then chopped
2 any color peppers, chopped
1/2 lemon, juice
handful of fresh coriander, chopped
1 tsp. salt

Heat oil in a very large skillet or wok. Add the spices and stir until fragrant, a minute or two. Then add half the cabbage. Stir for about five minutes until starting to wilt. Then add everything else, cooking for about 20-30 minutes until the cabbage becomes caramelized. It should start to brown a bit. Once it has the texture you want and the volume has decreased significantly, then it is ready to serve. Add lemon juice, cilantro, salt, then taste, and add more if you like.

Stacey, just made this tonight and it was sooo scrummy. Thanks so much for this lovely recipe. All the chopping was worth it! x

My chilli piggy pasta - a firm fave in our house.
Made with joes chilli sausages, Lloyd grossmans chilli tomato sauce , mushrooms, courgettes, spinach, red peppers and bacon. ( 3 syns per serving for sauce and 4.5 for garlic bread)

I love Lloyd gross an chilli sauce. Didn't realise it had so few syns.

Ryvita dark rye, light philli with salmon, mugshot and a bowl of pineapple. Was too full for the banana

Attachments

• image-4058651188.jpg
    image-4058651188.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 434
OK, so hear goes lol please dont shout as this is my first go at posting my pics!!!
RED DAY. Breakfast, 3 x ww brown danish hex B, bacon mushrooms and fried egg(frylight)

2956_75161045666_528245666_2104579_2135818_n.jpg

Lunch is creamy chicken, mushroom and bacon. HEX A

2956_75160980666_528245666_2104568_1555237_n.jpg

Then desert of strawberrys, kiwi and sweetened fromage frais thats been thined out a little with water.

2956_75160985666_528245666_2104569_1660858_n.jpg

Then for tea it was steak and mushroom pie with mixed veg. 3syns for the paistry :D

2956_75161025666_528245666_2104576_205852_n.jpg

And for desert, sweetened quark mixed berries and 3 x mini meranges 3 syns!!

2956_75161035666_528245666_2104577_6730642_n.jpg

And last but not least my carrot cakes 3.5 syns each and chocolate 2.5 syns each!!
2956_75161005666_528245666_2104572_5182328_n.jpg

2956_75161015666_528245666_2104574_903101_n.jpg

Ive just found this thread its fab but can't see any pics from furry stomper

Pete’s McDonald’s Trio (2014)

(McChicken, Big Mac & Dippers)

Serves 2

Ingredients

½ tsp garlic salt
½ tsp oregano
1 Chicken breast, sliced horizontally (s) (ff)
1 Rasher of smoked back bacon (ff)
1 Tbsp. all season spice (or similar)
2 Tbsp. Sainsbury’s B.G.T.Y mayonnaise (0.5 syns per person)
2 Sainsbury’s B.G.T.Y lean Cumberland sausages (1 syn/2=0.5 syn per person)
2 x 800g stale wholemeal bread (2Heb/2=1 Heb per person)
2 Sainsbury’s lighter cheese slices (4 syns/2=2 syns per person)
2 x 60g Wholemeal baps (2x Heb/2=1 Heb per person OR 6 syns per person)
3 Eggs (ff)
Lettuce

Method

Dry the bread in an oven, remove & reduce to breadcrumbs, set aside. Leave oven at 180C.
Break 1 egg in a bowl, whisk well, and set aside.
Cut each sausage lengthways & remove skin, place in a bowl, add garlic salt & oregano, mix well & with wet hands, form into burgers, cook in a frying pan, add the bacon rasher, cut into half, sprayed with frylight until cooked, break an egg in a bowl, whisk well & pour into an egg ring, cook until set.
set aside & keep warm. On a separate cutting board, place the chicken breast on it & cut horizontally almost completely through, open out & beat down until its 1cm thick. Using a pastry cutter, (or similar) cut two round pieces of chicken, the size of the Bap. Dip in the egg, then the breadcrumbs, place on greaseproof paper, on a flat tray.
Cut the leftover chicken into small pieces & dip them also, add to the tray, chill for 10 mins in the freezer to harden, cook in the pre-heated oven at 180C for 20-30 mins depending on thickness, turn over at half time.
Slice the baps, chop the lettuce, place the lettuce on one half of the bap, add the cheese, on the other side 1egg, bacon, and burger & close the Bap.
On the other bap add the lettuce, chicken & mayo, close the Bap.
Add the chicken dippers to the plate & enjoy!

Food2 (Small).jpg
Food1 (Small).jpg

Has anyone got the baked bean lasagne recipes?? x

Hey pudge - here's mine

DEBS BAKED BEAN LASAGNE
Serves 3
2 tins beans
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 onion chopped
3 cloves garlic
1tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Tom purée
3 hea of cheese.
9 lasagne sheets

Fry onion and garlic until softened, add tomatoes beans, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, tomato purée and mustard . Mix well simmer for 7 mins . Layer the lasagne sheets and the bean mixture until used up then grate cheese on top. Cook on gas 6 for 40 mins

Back