+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

here is a recipe i found it only has two ingredients anyone know what the syns would be for this have no serving size but are supposed to be cut into 2 finger kit kat size and could the oats be a hexb the two ingredients are as follows and the only ingredients. Friend says they are yummy and filling.

[h=4]Ingredients:[/h]
  • 3 cups (600g) pitted dates
  • 3 cups (420g) oats + extra for coating
[h=4]Method:[/h]Step 1. Line a 17 x 27cm slice tin with baking paper and set aside. Place dates into a food processor and process until it has a jam-like consistency (you may need to add a touch of hot water if it is dry).
Step 2. Add oats one cup at a time until it's all incorporated and the mix starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Press mixture into the tin.
Step 3. Sprinkle top with oats and freeze for 1-2 hours.
Step 4. Cut into fingers and roll in extra oats to coat. Wrap individual fingers in baking paper and store in an airtight container.

So simple but so yummy

image.jpg

Oatmeal bread - HEXB
baked beans
baked egg
grilled bacon - 2 syns
grilled tomato
2 mandarins (not in photo)

Ribeye steak mash and green beans with peppercorn sauce.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Attachments

• 1394754878232.jpg
    1394754878232.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 474
food.jpg

Roasted Tomato and Garlic on Rocket, Pasta and Cannelini Beans

Put quartered tomatoes, once sprinkled over with some herbs, such as basil and/or oregano and the garlic under the grill until cooked, let cool down.
Boil some pasta of choice and let cool down
Mix cannelini beans, some chunks of pickled or fresh red peppers, thinly sliced spring onions and rocket, season to taste with salt, pepper and a bit of vinegar (optional)
Now add the tomatoes + garlic and pasta to the mix, leave in the fridge for a while - Yummy

Yeah sure :) I sort of made it up as I went along but the below is basically what I did/used. I'm going to add some Pak Choi this time to get in more superfree too! It is amazing and Syn free! x

900ml chicken or vegetable stock
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast/ Quorn
1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
2 garlic clove, finely chopped
Straight to Wok noodles (my packet came with 2 portions and I used 1 portion for each soup as I made a veggie and non veggie and each made 2 massive bowls!)
Peas or sweetcorn (or both!)
Mushrooms (optional)
3 spring onions, shredded
2 tblsp soy sauce, plus extra for serving
Chilli (optional), more to serve
Boiled eggs

Pour the stock into a pan and add the chicken, ginger and garlic and chilli (if using.) Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, partly cover and simmer for 15/20 mins, until the chicken is tender. Remove the chicken and shred into bite-size pieces using a couple of forks.

Return the chicken to the stock ( I like my noodle soup really soupy (!) so I added some more water at this point) with the noodles, peas, mushrooms, half the spring onions and the soy sauce. Simmer for 3-4 mins until the noodles are tender. Ladle into bowls, add cut boiled eggs and scatter over the remaining spring onions and chilli.

Tried an easy Chicken Korma last night. Its my favourite curry and ive always wanted to try a SW one, finally when the new magazine come out this month i had the chance to make one without buying sooo many herbs and spices that i didn't already have.

Serves 4, Ready in about 45 Mins
Ingredients:
1 Onion
2 Garlic cloves
4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bitesize pieces
1 tbsp korma curry powder
6 tbsp tomato puree
200g passata
400ml chicken stock
100g Fat free fromage frais
small handle of fresh

1. Spray a pan with low cal cooking spray over a medium heat, stir fry the onions and garlic for 5 mins, add the chicken and cook for a further 5 mins.
2. Add the curry powder, tomato puree, passata and seasoning, bring to the boil. Cover tightly and turn down the heat to a low simmer, stir occasionally for 15-20 mins or until the chicken is cooked.
3. Remove the curry from the heat and stir in the fromage frais, serve with rice and sprinkle with fresh corriander.

I added vegetables to the curry too to bulk it out and save me from cooking them seperatly. I used carrots, mushrooms and broccolli.

Fakeaway thai fishcakes 1397241598017.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Singapore Beef Noodles (Made mine with Quorn mince) Delicious and free on EE :)

Do you have the recipe for this please?

Roast lamb dinner.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Attachments

• 1398014771413.jpg
    1398014771413.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 502
  • 1398014783669.jpg
    1398014783669.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 505
Do you have the recipe for this please?

Ingredients.

150g Extra Lean Beef mince/Quorn mince
150g noodles
1 red chilli (deseed) finely chopped
1/2 red pepper finely chopped
Handful Mange Tout/Sugar snap peas
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 clove garlic crushed
2 spring onions, finely chopped
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
1 teaspoon sweetener

Brown the mince, add the garlic, chilli, ginger and stir fry for a few minutes. Add the onion and peppers and stir fry until cooked.
Meanwhile cook the noodles, once cooked add to beef and veg, mix together and stir in soy sauce and sweetener.
Serve and top with spring onions.

Easy, quick filling and free. You can any veg you like really :) x

Back