PP and binge eating

Loser85

Gold Member
Im going to a meeting tomorrow to start back on plan. My leader seems very keen for me to start PP. Thing is i am a binge eater, using Discover i kind of avoided this to a point. Im scared with having the slush fund on top of daily points will not help me with this. Im starting at around 23 stone so i gather ill be on high daily points anyway. To be honest i dont think id swap healthy alternatives either having the extra 49 a week to fall back on. Im hoping the meeting will change my mind on this but so far im not overly confident....

Firstly good luck for tomorrow. This is my second week of Propoints, I do have issues with binging too but so far no problems.
I used most of my points on sunday for a meal at my mums.......I had already swapped to healthy food prior to joining as was at SW anyway but i would say if you don't make some healthy choices your points won't go far at all. 49 on unhealthy stuff soon gets used, I had some pavlova, cream and naughty bits with the roast ( no alcohol ) and used 60 PP for the day which included brekkie ( no lunch as too full )

I'm on 38 PP a day and find they go along way when I'm choosing sensibly.....have a look at my food diary to get an idea.

I love the plan and would really recommend anyway giving it a go :D

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions
xx

Hi I don't binge I used to comfort eat badly , I've yoyoed many years and never managed to keep weight off. It's a struggle if we have any eating disorder and counselling helps.

I find pp harder than discover as I'm only on 29 pp daily and have 3.5st to go still, I've had porridge a chicken salad sandwich and a pk of crisp = 14 pp only leaving me 15 for later, I can't eat too much fruit and veg bad ibs and if I use too many of 49 pp I won't lose weight.

I'm doing pp until new year if I can't get along with it I'm going back to discover.

I'd try pp if I was you as you say your daily pp is going to be high so you may not need 49, I eat v healthy but can't eat large portions as said so I am hungry xx

I have binge eating disorder and has seen psychologists for it, what I like about PP is that I have a mini-binge I don't feel guilty as the points are available which means I don't go oh feck it and have a major binge, the guilt is taken away.

The juries out for me atm. I did binge last week (within points and still lost weight) but that was probably hormonal and I probably would have done that on discover (only I would have stop counting my points and had a bigger binge iyswim).

Give it a go and see how you get on. Let us know xx

I had a binge last night :( I'd bought 2 pasta pot shots by batchelors last week for 2 lunches for work...had the chicken one yesterday and it was basically a chicken cuppasoup with a bit of pasta in it so by mid afternoon I was starving!

I know I binged though yesterday and iv drawn a line under it. I'm going out for lunch today and it's my choice so we are going the carvery coz I feel for a pub lunch that that's the best option. I'll have no takeaway this weekend and fingers crossed, I won't go over my 49 weekly points.

Back