PP weekly allowence!

Thanks guys.
I still don't really know what to use the weeklys on. My meals are pretty substantial as it is and come the weekend i'll feel like im using them on junk - although this week I am actually heading out for a meal so im sure some will go on that. Usually i'd use them on 2 bottles of rose but i have given alcohol up for a while! :eek:

Tuesday 25th January

B- muesli & s.s milk

L- cadbury brunch break bar 4pp
ww lemon & lime mousse 2pp
3 oatcakes 3pp
15g phili light g&h 1pp

D- 200g pasta 8pp
chicken breast 4pp
lettuce, cucumber, red onion, orange pepper 0pp
elf mayo 1pp

*apple, clemintine for work

Total = 29pp
SF= 19pp used 30pp left

Hi. I've not used any of my weekly pp's for 2 weeks now and have lost 4lbs on each week!! Over Half a stone in 2 weeks.... Think I'll carry on only using my dailies!!!!

I use all 49 of mine and have lost every week. (and i tend to use them all on the same day for wine and yum food). The way i see it is that if each point is an average of 40cals (which it is) then 29 a day x 40 is 1160cals a day.
49 weekly points is approx 1960cals. Divide that by 7 days for the week is 280.
So 280 plus 1160 is 1440 a day.

To lose weight at 1-2lb a week most women need to eat around 1500 cals a day on average. So with a bit of fruit i come in at exactly around 1500 a day having used all my points.

Not using them would mean a diet of around 1200 a day which isnt much on an ongoing basis. i know i'd be more inclined to give up if i kept up a 1200 cal diet like i have in the past.

It does of course depend how much fruit you eat. But if you move more then the fruit should be cancelled out anyway.

I am a firm believer in using your points lol. if you dont eat them at the start then when you plateau later on theres no more points to drop. Im thinking of carrying on and if i get to a plateau after a couple of months then dropping the points to 40 and so on.

ive calculated im eating around exactly the same cals a week as when i was on the discover plan so for me aside from a bit more prortein and bit less carb it hasnt been a big change.

guess it depends on each persons circumstances/fruit intake/exercise/hunger/lust for wine

Yup i too used to use my points on wine but as ive given it up at the minute i felt like im just using the 49s on crap. This week i have a meal to use them on so i'm just curious to see if there is any difference.

Wednesday 26th January

*3mile run

B- muesli & s.s milk 6pp

*banana after run

L- pork loin 5pp
carrot, swede, brocolli 0pp
200g boiled pots 4pp
gravy 3pp
muller light yog 2pp

D- wm roll 4pp
30g phili light 2pp
ww belgian choc slice 2pp

Total = 29pp
SF= 19pp used 30pp left

I am afraid to use too many of mine. I am 5 days in and (provided I stick to my meal planner for today, might go up a pp or 2 yet), I have used 21.

good luck hun xx

i used about 35 of mine again this week and lost 3lbs:D i'm totally confused now,,1st week i used 35 lost l.5 lb second week used 35 gained a 1lb,,this week used 35 and lost 3lbs....

Even with using all the points, i'm still eating less than I did. First week, I used most of them and lost 2lbs. Last week, I hardly used any and gained 1lb. Used most of them this week, so will see what happens when I weigh in on sunday :).

Strange isnt it.
This is why i wanted to trial it myself. But sometimes ive got to stop myself having a bag of crisp and a chocolate bar just because I can - its not the mentality i want to adopt tbh.

Thursday 27th January

B- 2 egg omelette 4pp
30g cheddar cheese 3pp
ketchup 1pp

L- wm roll 4pp
15g phili light g&h 1pp
muller light yog 2pp

D- 175g pasta 7pp
tuna 4pp
elf mayo 1pp
ww lemon & lime mousse 2pp

Total = 29pp
SF= 19pp used 30pp left

It's always an intriguing one isn't re: the weekly allowance because they wouldn't have factored it in if it wasn't still conducive to a healthy 1-2lb weekly weightloss.

I'll certainly be following this with interest! Good luck! :D

I only ever seem to manage 20 of my weekly points anything more and I seem to gain.

Then again I think spending them on junk is why I'm getting the gain!

Friday 28th January

*7mile run (1hr 17mins 33secs)

*powerade 500ml 3pp
B- muesli & s.s milk 6pp
*banana after run 0pp

L- wm roll 4pp
polony 2pp
salad cream 1pp
ww yog 1pp

D- 150g pasta 6pp
chicken breast 5pp
elf mayo 1pp

Total = 29pp
SF = 21pp used ... 28pp left

Weigh in in 3 sleeps! :eek:

Sneaky weigh in today. I dont usually do them but thought why not .... not looking good. I havnt been to the toilet for 4days so that might be a factor or yesterday i burnt almost 900cals running so it could be i'm not eating enough.

Getting this right is hard. Only monday will tell but got a birthday meal to go to tomorrow :sigh:

Saturday 29th January

B- 2 healthy living hot cross buns 8pp
butter 2pp
jam 1pp

*1 choc shortcake 2pp
*meringue nest 1pp, ww yog 1pp, defrosted frozen berries 0pp

L/D- 3/4 ww chicken bbq pizza & 2 ww garlic dough balls 11pp

*home made chic brownie 9pp

Total = 29ppp[/B
SF= 6pp used today... 28pp used ... 21pp left

Last edited:
chin up mate. Don't sneaky weigh-in, especially if you haven't been at the toilet for a few days. It could mean 1 or even 2 lbs less. I know, nasty subject!!! Maybe eat a couple of kiwis to facilitate :ashamed0005:expulsion of waste:ashamed0005: before trying again tomorrow?

oh,,are kiwi's good for that??

I had a kiwi 4days ago actually (after the toilet) and I havnt been since :hmm:

raisins make you go to the loo ;) haha

hope its going well! im giving up it's too confusing and too much hassle to work out how many weeklies to use for it to be right to you, too little you sts too much you gain and inbetween you sts also its so annoying! discovery here i come! xx

Aw another leaver! A few have left over the past few days. I'm determined to stick with it as I like the portion control etc so hopefully I'll work it out lol xx

Aw another leaver! A few have left over the past few days. I'm determined to stick with it as I like the portion control etc so hopefully I'll work it out lol xx

i just use the 49 weeklies on crisps, sweets, take aways! and it feels bad because although its apparently ok, on discovery im use to earning the right to have those things, saving from other days and AP etc! lol its messing with my mind! :D good luck :p xxx

Back