PP weekly allowence!

Yep that's what I struggle to get my head around & why I'm sceptical about them :)

First wk I used half of my "party points" & lost 4.5lbs. 2nd week went low carb & didnt use my party points rarely got to my 29 a day & only lost 0.5lb! This week I ate all 29pp each day & 36 of my 49 party points & lost 3lbs!!!! I think you def need to use all daylies & some of the extras:D - must add my extras were on quite healthy snacks like oatcakes & cheese or extra rice & of course my bottle of Rose wine on sat:cool:

hi tanya, good luck on ur experiment, it`l be interesting to see if thers a difference, im just in my 2nd week on ww and i didnt use any of my weekly pp last week, but have dipped into them this, im still getting used to the plan, we did lipotrim at the same time in 2009 i think ,

Yeah, i think i recognise you hun!! How are you doing?
I do like the ww as its giving me decent portions, especially with my running but im just not keen on the idea of the 49extra points to use on 'whatever' :giggle:

Dont think this trial is going too well. I still havnt been toilet wise, not properly, tiny tiny movement yesterday thats all :( 5 days now :(
Sunday 30th January

*4 mile run (41m13.1secs - beaten last time by 2mins 47secs!!! :D)
- 1/2 powerade 2pp

B1 - (up early so had to have something) Alpen light summer fruits bar 2pp
250ml pure orange juice 2pp

B2- muesli & s.s milk 6pp

*banana after run 0pp

L/D - fish & chips (harvester) 18pp
Will have the salad bar too & will update anything that has to be pointed later on

*meringue nest 1pp
ww yog 1pp
mandarin segments, drained 0pp

Total = 29pp
SF = 3pp used today 31pp used 18pp left

Last edited:
Hmmm it's all very interesting. I'm only getting weighed fortnightly otherwise I do my own head in.
So 1st fortnight I used an average of 20 extra pp's per week n lost 4lbs.
2nd fortnight I used almost all 49 both weeks n lost one pound!
Go figure?! I'm gonna try n avoid them this fortnight n c wot happens. When I reviewed my food diaries i'd been eating alot of biscuits which can't be good!

Kagome posted this a while back in connection to propoints and how to use the weeklies;

"For some reason while here in the UK everyone is on 49 extra, in Europe there are different tiers even there, where anyone heavier than 12st 10 would be on 49, anyone from 11st 1 to 12st 9 on 42 and anyone under 11st 1 would be on 35. I don't know why they don't give us the same restrictions, but you migth want to take them into account unofficially?"

Everywhere else you have limitations according to your weight bracket on the weeklies and how many your allowed to use, however like Kagome as said for some strange reason the UK haven't put these restrictions on our weeklies however from how the results are going, it does make sense that those sections should be put in use :) ill certainly be thinking about only using how many weeklies im allowed from the above list if i try propoints again xx

Thanks for that post Smirky :) Will deffo keep that in mind.

I used all but 1 of my weeklys last week, and lost 1lb. But I have a feeling that totm has something to do with that plus not getting to the gym. Compared with gaining 1lb and hardly using any the week before, using the weeklys seems like the best thing for me.

Do you use all your weekly points?

Just wondering who uses all their 49 points, and who doesn't... and how this has affected losses?

I've used mine this week but don't feel like I've lost any weight whatsoever.

First WI tonight but just wanted to gauge how others managed them...

Spotty xx

I try not to, and if I do I try not to blow them all on treats, I used 12 of mine this week on 4 vodkas over the weekend.

Having my second weigh this morning so will see if that works.

The weeks where i have used them (like this week) i sts, so i try to use no more than 20 if i can, and then i tend to lose. I have not been having any fabulous weight losses on propoints, but i am losing steadily may 1lb a week so i am quite happy with that.

But i cannot eat all my weeklies and still lose.

I try not to use more than half but some weeks it's a bit difficult. Saying that the weeks I have used more I haven't lost any more weight than the weeks where I only used half IYSWIM.

the first couple of weeks i didn't use any weekly's and lost 1lb last week i used 10 and lost 2lb but i used mine at dinner or lunch time rather than on treats i think this is the key

I often use all of mine and still lose weight. The only thing I have to do is eat them nearer the beginning of the week, it seems to slow down my weight loss if I eat them nearer weigh in.

I usually eat all or most of mine on a Friday night or Saturday night, then weigh in the following Friday morning I think the fact I have the rest of the week to be 'good' helps.

I find the weeklies a real safety net and would definitely feel deprived if they weren't available so I do tend to use them to treat myself as I go along :)

weekly allowence help please :)

can any1 tell me if you have to use ur weekly points or can u just use ur daily and what happens if u dnt eat all ur daily points

You have to eat all of your dailys each day otherwise you are not eating enough and you prob won't lose much. Your weeklies are optional, use as much or as little as you want. All in one, split them up over each day, dip into them when ever you want. I use each and every one of them every week and I have always lost x

thanks for replying :) am just gna have ma daily this week and c how it goes at my first weigh in bt am sure in a few weeks al find ways 2 spend the extra 1s (vodka prob lol) xx

Do you use your full weekly allowance?

I'm in my first month and my weight loss is really slowing. Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong, having a few stone to lose I thought that I would be losing 2+ lb a week sticking to the plan!

I have my full daily and weekly allowance - isn't this what they are there for?

I had one off day last week but I pointed that rather than ignoring it, I still came out within my points, although I did cut back a few daily points to compensate. :sigh:

Back