1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

pre diabetes in the news

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by liquoricet, 10 June 2014 Social URL.

1. liquoricet

liquoricet Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(21.05%)
    Anyone else heard about the 1/3 of adult population with pre diabetes statistic in the news? How very scary. I've no idea if I have it (am shortly due the being 40 health check) and I'm really glad I have lost 14% of my body weight, exercise regularly etc.

Hopefully if I was in danger of being pre diabetic it's reduced due to better life choices. My sister has type 1 diabetes so I'm very aware of what a horrible condition it is.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Poppet12

Poppet12 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW EE
    I watched the "tonight" programme on itv last week and some of the statistics were really worrying. My OH father has type 2 and hasn't done enough to get healthier in my opinion.
    I think they were doing a questionnaire that could help indicate your risk of developing diabetes (low/med/high) maybe it's available online..
    Sounds like you are on the right lines for a clean bill of health anyway! Well done on your losses to date, 14% is fab.
    X

4. NumNumPigsBum

NumNumPigsBum "The Stig" Pig

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.6lb(15.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was diagnosed with this a couple of months ago. Gave me a bit of a fright to be honest as I'm still petty young. I still have slip ups and sadly binge but nowhere near as often as I used to. I WILL get to target and that will hopefully keep the wolf from the door for many years to come.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.