1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

pre diabetes in the news

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by liquoricet, 10 June 2014 Social URL.

1. liquoricet

liquoricet Well-Known Member

Anyone else heard about the 1/3 of adult population with pre diabetes statistic in the news? How very scary. I've no idea if I have it (am shortly due the being 40 health check) and I'm really glad I have lost 14% of my body weight, exercise regularly etc.

Hopefully if I was in danger of being pre diabetic it's reduced due to better life choices. My sister has type 1 diabetes so I'm very aware of what a horrible condition it is.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. RosiePops

RosiePops Well-Known Member

I watched the "tonight" programme on itv last week and some of the statistics were really worrying. My OH father has type 2 and hasn't done enough to get healthier in my opinion.
    I think they were doing a questionnaire that could help indicate your risk of developing diabetes (low/med/high) maybe it's available online..
    Sounds like you are on the right lines for a clean bill of health anyway! Well done on your losses to date, 14% is fab.
    X

4. NumNumPigsBum

NumNumPigsBum "The Stig" Pig

I was diagnosed with this a couple of months ago. Gave me a bit of a fright to be honest as I'm still petty young. I still have slip ups and sadly binge but nowhere near as often as I used to. I WILL get to target and that will hopefully keep the wolf from the door for many years to come.