pre-workout food... help please.

lindseydodd408

Gold Member
Hi all,

I'm having a go at induction, been on for around 4 weeks, I've also quit sugar (including fruit). I've joined a gym which focuses on strength training on a circuit for 40 mins. On the days where I go in the morning what would you recommend I eat so I have enough energy to get me through the workout?

Many thanks

Lindsey Xxx

Hi Lindsey, how about a protein shake? A friend of mine has this low carb diet whey and its intended to help give you a boost for work outs. I can't think what food would help, an Atkins bar maybe? I find they keep me full for hours as they are a meal replacement xx

Hi there. I guess it all depends on what your body likes

Lots of people find a fasting workout gives them big benefits - if you are in fat burning mode then you dont need food for an energy boost. See marks daily apple for more on benefits of fasted workouts

I just eat as i normally do - so bacon & eggs for breakfast and then workout.

If time is the issue, then what about hard boiled egg ahead

If it's about "weight" in tummy then suggest something easily burnable & light - protein shake is a good idea^^ or some cheese or some nuts!

Try experimenting and see what works - just dont believe conventional wisdom that there is a right answer;)

Thanks so much for replying, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to do a Bridget Jones and fall over... nothing worse than a fat bird really embarrassing herself!!! Wobbling in the gym is bad enough, lol!!!

I'll try my regular breakfast and see if that works. Xxx

Back