Prefer old points system.

Rosebud

Ive been on and off weight watchers for years and i just can't seem to get my head around this new pro points system. Does any one feel the same? I just feel its a lot more difficult and Im finding it a lot harder to lose the weight.

Someone help!

Rosebud theres a sub forum for people who dont want to do PP and are sticking with Discover :)

Your not the only one finding the new system hard.

Its the same with other things in life, there are some that struggle and others that find the same thing a piece of cake.

It might have helped if I had never done Discovery Plan with my OH before I don't know, all I do know is that DP worked for my OH and the new plan wasn't (he kept gaining weight each week) and with his health at risk I decided to go back to DP.

Maybe if I had stuck it out like others said, it might have worked for him in the end, but then again, it might not have and I just could not take that chance..

As I said its swings and roundabouts, my hubby didn't like the new plan to much, others think its fantastic.

Only you know you and what works for you, just know that your not the only one feeling the way you do, and that what ever plan you follow, there is support on here for you..

interesting i was trying to see how the new plan worked and how other people found it. i tried ww years ago when it was switch using the old points system..i failed miserably and am now wondering if i should try new system as alot of fruit is free and there are points for the week if you need them[and the fruit may or may not make me actually stick to the plan]

i read many people don't tap into the weekly points and i feel so greedy as i don't i would be able to stick to the plan otherwise..i was only on 16 points when i tried it years ago

sorry for bargine in

sorry . thats what i am trying to find out..does the plan work or does the free fruit etc mean it doesn't work..i really eat too much and couldn't stick to 16 points a day.

i seem to have read mixed stories

seemed too good to be true and maybe it is

thanks again

Well they say that fruit is zero points but a lot at the group who aren't losing have been told to cut down on the fruit.... Some are hardly having any as it is....not very good.

That what I meant earlier (rightly or wrongly) I feel like sometimes that leaders are just spouting out stuff they think will make us feel better when its plainly just another excuse.

My hubby was told to cut down on fruit as that might be the cause for him, even when he did, it didn't make an ounce of difference, yet I was losing fine and having sometimes two bananas and an apple a day, and once I even had that and some pineapples in juice (without the juice) and I was doing great, plus on the old plan he was eating 3 bananas a day and never found it hard to lose.

sorry . thats what i am trying to find out..does the plan work or does the free fruit etc mean it doesn't work..i really eat too much and couldn't stick to 16 points a day.

i seem to have read mixed stories

seemed too good to be true and maybe it is

thanks again

I think so long as you don't over eat on the fruit you will be ok on the new plan. My leader was saying 2-3 fruit a day at most (even though in my mind I always thought that 0 pointed foods were things you could eat loads of without worrying to much) go figure.

I don't think my leader would lie to us, she did say that one person at another one of her meetings is on almost the most points you could be put on (I think she said 67) and he is still losing weight. If thats true then good for him as its working.

People are only unhappy when something stops working for them that has been working before.

If you have done neither plan before, then give the new one a try, as thats the one there doing at meetings and if you decide to stay for meetings it would be a little pointless if you were on the old plan, cause they will be discussing the new one (would be a little confusing to say the least)

All you can do is try, and if you find in the end it doesn't work, well there is a sub forum for people still doing the old plan, and if you fin like lots of others on here, that it works, well then thats great to hear..

Last edited:
I am loving the PP system, but I think its because I havent done the old one. I think if you are comparing new to old you are in the wrong frame of mind. It is hard but you need to put everything you know about the old system. On the fruit question I have eaten loads of fruit every day and am losing really well. I also use all my weekly points. To the girl who said she couldnt manage on 16 points, you dont have to u will get 29 points a day plus 49 weekly points that you can use whenever u like. Give it a bit longer girls im sure you will get there. xxx

oh i am sorry there

i meant i couldn't manage on the 16 points on the old diet[the lowest ] and i am greedy that makes me wonder whether or not i would be able to stick to new plan

i failed miserably as i am greedy

i think i would get 29 on the new points but food costs more points i think. i thought maybe the fruit and weekly points might make it easier to stick to

my concern were
1:would i be able to stick to it as i am greedy
2: would the fruit and weekly points[i could kid myself i wouldn't eat them but i am so greedy i think i would eat them sadly] mean i wouldn't lose weight on the new plan

the plan is coming out here in ireland in january and debating joining a meeting[a different one probably to the one i tried years ago on old plan

how much is too much fruit ? Iusually have an apple and two small satsumas with lunch and then instead of a pudding i might have a pear and some grapes in the evening. is that too much ?

oh i am sorry there

i meant i couldn't manage on the 16 points on the old diet[the lowest ] and i am greedy that makes me wonder whether or not i would be able to stick to new plan

i think i would get 29 on the new points but food costs more points i think. i thought maybe the fruit and weekly points might make it easier to stick to

my concern were
2: would the fruit and weekly points[i could kid myself i wouldn't eat them but i am so greedy i think i would eat them sadly] mean i wouldn't lose weight on the new plan

the plan is coming out here in ireland in january and debating joining a meeting[a different one probably to the one i tried years ago on old plan

I always eat all of my daily points, I eat half of my weekly on my weigh-in day, at the Chinese (I don't know if it's half or three quarters of them as it's a buffet and can't point that properly!) I have lost 3 lbs since the new plan has been introduced but I weight now 7st 13.3 and I'm in maintenance really, although I'm still trying to lose something. But I might just stop doing it very soon and go to maintenance, because a picture I saw of myself is making me think that probably I'm going a bit too far on the thin side...

so you can be reassured that if you follow the diet properly your weight will fall off even if you are tempted and eat your weekly points. That's what they're there for, to be eaten! :) those who have eaten them all have always had the best losses!

interesting..i might try it in the hope the fruit and weekly points make me able to stick to it

i am just so greedy

i might join a different meeting in january

7 stone 13 pounds is very light[i am very much under the impression you are taller than me as 99.99999% of people are. i am only 4ft 8 or 4ft 9 at most] unless you are my height which i sincerely doubht...so i wouldn't be trying to lose weight at all if i was you

a bmi of 19 seems to be quite low. i would seriously not try to lose at this stage..obviously though i am no dr

thanks for your reassurance that it works

i just need to stop being greedy and find the willpower[and the money to join the meetings]

Hi Julia, I'm just wondering if your WW leader has said anything to you about your weight? As WW say they will suspend your membership if your BMI falls below 20? As you've said, I'm not sure you should still be trying to lose weight, you don't want to end up underweight!

Hi Julia, I'm just wondering if your WW leader has said anything to you about your weight? As WW say they will suspend your membership if your BMI falls below 20? As you've said, I'm not sure you should still be trying to lose weight, you don't want to end up underweight!

hi there, I so don't think so, because my height is 5' 2.5" so I'm in between inches and weight-sizes for weight watchers. My tracker is saying that I can go up to 7st 11.1, I want to get to 7st 12, so it's over the target that they give as minimum. I'm small framed and boned being Italian, so this weight is good for me.

At meetings I'm a bit higher as it's in the evening and I wear clothes, so at the moment last time I was 8st 4 at meetings. This morning though I had put on 0.9 oz so I'm 8st 0.2. Here on miniminis I can't put my height, only 5'3", you're not allowed to put half inches, so the BMI that you see there is not right!:D

Anyway, although my goal for Christmas was the 7st 12, probably I'll need to wait until after the holidays to get there because it'll be my last weigh in on Sunday and on Saturday I have my work's Christmas do... not the best day's choice in the world :(

I've only been to my meetings once since the new plan was introduced. I really don't like it at all. I felt in control with the old system and I'm sticking with that. I can't see the point in going to meetings now because they'll only be promoting pp, understandably.

I do feel a bit sad about the whole thing and I'm at a bit of a loss.

Hi Flowerbags, I know exactly how you feel... I haven't tried the pp but many of the group have and are unhappy with it. I feel like I'm paying for nothing now tbh. The leader doesn't seem to like to acknowledge my losses anymore because I'm doing the old plan and losing more than the those following pp plan. I sit thru the meetings and come out having learnt nothing that can help me now. I really enjoy the company of the group members there but £20 a month is a lot to spend for a weekly chat.... Think I'll cancel membership and pay 50p to weigh in Boots :-((

I thought the same. I had lost half, then put on half, then put on a pound over the last 3 weeks. All of a sudden, this week, I lost 3lbs. That said, I only had 3 WP. ANd used none of APs. I never usd those anyway though. It is still only an average loss of half a pound over 3 weeks. I stuck to it religiously, and have never used more than half the WPs. I'm still not sure. It makes it easier to stick to, but I could stick to many eating plans that would result in me not losin weight. It's sticking to a plan where I would lose weight that is harder. Sayong that, losing weight is always going to be harder now. I'm older, 42. I've yoyod since I was 13 years old. I've also gone throughat least one long period of eating next to nothing and shot my metabolism to bits!! It's never gonna get easier to lose weight

Hi Everyone, I'm afraid i have only done this new plan as have only just started WW 2 weeks ago. I must say i'm very impressed with the diet and it seems to be working for me fine as i've lost 8.5lbs. Sorry to hear some of you are not enjoying it. I hope it gets better for you. xxx

oh i am sorry there

my concern were

I'm greedy too! I didn't try the old WW but have just joined this one and I quite like it. It isn't simple but then I suppose no diet is! I think you can use your Activity Points though, so if you exercise and earn some of them you could eat a little bit more

Back