Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Ladies, I've mentioned on my diary about Cole not sleeping well the past few nights. Tonight he's been sick a couple of times, like a clear liquid with little white flecks in it, projectile style. He's just refused to go to sleep in his cot and was arching his back so he's asleep on our bed for the minute until he's in a deep enough sleep for me to (hopefully) move him. I've consulted Doctor Google and a few sites have mentioned reflux. Do any of you know anything about this or even if it sounds like he does have it? He's been fine all day, really happy and no crying. And he's been having his feeds too.

Have you checked his temp? Just to be sure .. If it's not a normal thing for him perhaps he's unwell? And I'd ring after hours doc just be on the safe side

Have you checked his temp? Just to be sure .. If it's not a normal thing for him perhaps he's unwell? And I'd ring after hours doc just be on the safe side

His temp was 35.7. The not lying on his back thing has been like that for the past 4 days. He's 18 weeks so a few people have suggested the 4 months sleep regression? He's fast asleep in his cot now and he's been absolutely fine all day. I'll just keep a close eye on him tonight. Thanks :)

Sarah have you still got his crib raised slightly at the head end? If it is mild reflux then raising it should help a little bit. Hope it's not reflux as that's not nice for them and hopefully it will pass soon enough xx

Sarah have you still got his crib raised slightly at the head end? If it is mild reflux then raising it should help a little bit. Hope it's not reflux as that's not nice for them and hopefully it will pass soon enough xx

Never thought of that, no we haven't. After his cold went we put it back down. Will get Tom to do it while I'm feeding Cole when he wakes for his next bottle. Thanks :) xx

Agree with the others about raising the head end Sarah... hope that works. I do feel for you :( xxx

All's well with baby B- still 3/5 engaged and head is very low.
Next appt booked for the 20th, when I'll be 3 days overdue! Hopefully won't need it but if I do, she'll do a sweep and set a date for induction.
Really praying it doesn't come to that!
Blooming car has got a flat battery so had to leave it in bank car park and walk home. About 20 mins with a pit stop (coffee and cake!) on the way- hoping it'll help get things moving :) x

exciting Dougal!! cant wait for your updates of been in labour or that baby is here!! :D

Q - girls, did any of you take raspberry leaf tea?? x

exciting Dougal!! cant wait for your updates of been in labour or that baby is here!! :D

Yup. I did. I did go early but tbh not sure it was raspberry leaf tea. Most it done was give me heartburn!!
I had a mega hot curry the night before!!!

I didn't and Bella came 2 weeks early. I did do alot of walking and bouncing though - oooh and sex ;-)

exciting Dougal!! cant wait for your updates of been in labour or that baby is here!! :D Q - girls, did any of you take raspberry leaf tea?? x

I didn't but I knew I was being induced 2 weeks early. Wish I had done now, maybe my induction & labour wouldn't have lasted 6 days if I had ;) x

Don't know about that Sarah. I started at 34 weeks with one cup a day and worked up to 3-4 cups a day by the time I was 38-39 weeks....I went into labour at 41+2 and she was born 4 days later having been on a drip and needing a ventouse! So I don't know if it helped me or not....who knows what would have happened if I hadn't had it! Xx

Don't know about that Sarah. I started at 34 weeks with one cup a day and worked up to 3-4 cups a day by the time I was 38-39 weeks....I went into labour at 41+2 and she was born 4 days later having been on a drip and needing a ventouse! So I don't know if it helped me or not....who knows what would have happened if I hadn't had it! Xx

My personal opinion (and it's just my opinion) is that the people that have gone into labour or had a quick one after taking it will rate it but then people who had it tough won't. My body just wasn't ready to give him up, no matter what. I didn't respond to two attempted sweeps, three pessaries and two doses of gel so doubt a tea would have helped ;) xx

Yeah I had it with Jacob. They do say it helps your contractions be more intense, yet I laboured for 59 hours!! So I don't think it helped that way for me.... But I did start at 39+5

Wondered what your opinions are. I've still got loads so not sure if I should try it again.

I've got a physio ball in out gym I'm going to get bouncing on soon with been 36+2 now...

Last time I wasn't bothered about starting labour but this time I want him out already!!! Just under 4 weeks to go,,, but I'd love him here for Jacob and Abbies(niece who's birthday is 2days earlier than Jacobs) joint birthday party on 31st May. Plus because we've friends from Germany and Newcastle coming so the whole Rob not drinking is going to be way hard!!! :/
And 31st is only 2 days before I'm due anyway with DD 2nd June!!!

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Last edited:
I tried everything going :/

Sex, RLT, EPO, walks, "nesting", bouncing on the ball, 2 sweeps, hot curries and still my little lady was 2 weeks late and STILL had to be induced (on the whole was 3 days!)

Clearly she didnt want to come out, or I didnt want to give her up!!! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I love readin this thread.. I dint have a ball with Lucas and I dnt no weather to get on this time or not? With lucas I had a sweep curry sex walks pineapple ect and lucas came at 41 weeks I was in labour 13hours then had to have a csection..

I have been given the choice a csection ot natural birth and I first of all said natural but once leavin my consultant and havin time t think when I see her at the end of May im goin to aak to b booked in for a csection... so does this mean ill b booked in on or before my due date?

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back