Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Exciting Kirsty! X

Sarah are you like me, and sitting here wishing it was you?! I'd love to go through all this again. :) its so exciting xxx Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

God yes! And I'm so jealous of people who go into labour themselves rather than with a stupid induction that takes days to bloody work! Tom informed me today that after number two he won't change his mind about a third so just got to hope that I get to have a 'proper' labour next time xx

God yes! And I'm so jealous of people who go into labour themselves rather than with a stupid induction that takes days to bloody work! Tom informed me today that after number two he won't change his mind about a third so just got to hope that I get to have a 'proper' labour next time xx

I'm jealous of people going into labour naturally. So wish I could have :(

Oooh Kirsty so exciting! I'm really excited to hear your updates :-D

See Bella was 2 weeks early and as I'd fully expected her to be late (all baby's in my family are at least a week late) I think I ended up feeling a little robbed of my last few weeks of maternity time :-o

I saw a pregnant lady earlier and couldn't help the pang of jealousy x

I'm jealous of people going into labour naturally. So wish I could have :(

Me too Sarah and Penny :( I'd love to experience that "ooh I think this is it" at home thing. Baths, relaxing, getting things ready for hospital etc. I know I did the latter with an induction but it wasn't the same... a lot of the time it was boring, and the food was crap, and I feel gutted that even being 2 weeks late my body didn't do the "natural" thing. I hope that next time it's different, but if not then it's obviously not meant to happen that way. At least I know what an induction feels like and to expect sudden and intense pain once it gets going :\ xx

I wana be pregnant :(
I miss my bump something awful

Me too :( I think I say to John on a daily basis..."I want to be pregnant again". It was the best time of my life. The worst part was the first bit when I felt sick, but after about week 16, I felt pretty good and I loved it. I'm aiming for October now when I finish the pill...lets hope John agrees ;) x

Thanks girls.
My mum was telling me that I was a born a week early and was in a hurry to get here, she had a short labour with me, can only hope for the same :)

Still getting contractions but they haven't got any more painful, longer or frequent so I'm just waiting around really.
Cleaner has been and at least we now have a clean house lol :)
My parents are due round at 5 so at least that'll be some company for me, hubby came home to work (his office is only 15 mins away but he wanted to be near me) and he's considering going to a friends whilst my parents are here but he's not sure he wants to leave me.
Trying to keep busy by reading and pottering about but finding it hard to concentrate on anything at the minute.

I've had 6 weeks of maternity leave so far (well annual leave technically) and I'm ready to break the peace and quiet now!
Had enough of being pregnant and hoping I have baby here by end of the weekend :)

Ooh I'm jealous of the cleaner too!!! I love cleaning but now Cole is here I want to spend that time with him. I want a cleaner :(

Me too Sarah and Penny :( I'd love to experience that "ooh I think this is it" at home thing. Baths, relaxing, getting things ready for hospital etc. I know I did the latter with an induction but it wasn't the same... a lot of the time it was boring, and the food was crap, and I feel gutted that even being 2 weeks late my body didn't do the "natural" thing. I hope that next time it's different, but if not then it's obviously not meant to happen that way. At least I know what an induction feels like and to expect sudden and intense pain once it gets going :\ xx

Me too :( I think I say to John on a daily basis..."I want to be pregnant again". It was the best time of my life. The worst part was the first bit when I felt sick, but after about week 16, I felt pretty good and I loved it. I'm aiming for October now when I finish the pill...lets hope John agrees ;) x
Ha me too Jess. We were cleaning the other day n something came on tv n the girl was pregnant. I was like "oh I wish I was pregnant again"
J was like "let's get busayyy" in a funny voice lol
He's Bly delighted my periods have come back
Says "we're gona be busy next week ;)" lol

You might be before long ;)

Here's hoping ;)

Ha me too Jess. We were cleaning the other day n something came on tv n the girl was pregnant. I was like "oh I wish I was pregnant again"
J was like "let's get busayyy" in a funny voice lol
He's Bly delighted my periods have come back
Says "we're gona be busy next week ;)" lol

Here's hoping ;)

Frances...you've no idea how jealous I am lol xx If I had it my way I'd be at goal weight tomorrow, and I'd like to be pregnant next month again like I was with Amelia. I'd love another Feb due date :) lol xx

Frances...you've no idea how jealous I am lol xx If I had it my way I'd be at goal weight tomorrow, and I'd like to be pregnant next month again like I was with Amelia. I'd love another Feb due date :) lol xx

Oh to be at goal.... (Dreams)

I know Vegas only saying to J it was this cycle last year that I got pregnant first time. Imagine it being EXACTLY the same time this year... Fathers Day again telling ppl ;) lol

Oh to be at goal.... (Dreams)

I know Vegas only saying to J it was this cycle last year that I got pregnant first time. Imagine it being EXACTLY the same time this year... Fathers Day again telling ppl ;) lol

I know!! I keep thinking that it was around my birthday last year (29th May) when we conceived Amelia...found out on 12th June...ohhhh it's nearly a year :( lol xx

I know!! I keep thinking that it was around my birthday last year (29th May) when we conceived Amelia...found out on 12th June...ohhhh it's nearly a year :( lol xx

We found out 14th :)
Can't believe it was a year ago almost!!!

Going to make J's Father's Day card (from me)
Top pic will b a pic of my tests with Fathers Day 2013...
And the bottom pic will b our little angel with Fathers Day 2014
N a nice message inside :)

Suddenly I'm feeling terrified about labour and I'm only 24+4 I don't really want an epidural if I can avoid one but I'm scared about the pain will I be ok will it be so excruciating that I have to take pain relief just to focus. I've said il have an epidural if needed but if try to sustain on gas and air and maybe some pethadine. I keep googling what's labour like but upto press nothing really conclusive saying bad period pains probably isn't selling it to it's extreme lol x

Suddenly I'm feeling terrified about labour and I'm only 24+4 I don't really want an epidural if I can avoid one but I'm scared about the pain will I be ok will it be so excruciating that I have to take pain relief just to focus. I've said il have an epidural if needed but if try to sustain on gas and air and maybe some pethadine. I keep googling what's labour like but upto press nothing really conclusive saying bad period pains probably isn't selling it to it's extreme lol x

Ahh hun we all go through that part, don't worry. I remember feeling very scared at around 32 weeks xx

In my opinion, I think the best thing is to be completely open-minded and probably have it in the back of your mind that you MIGHT have pain relief. When I was pregnant, I wanted a water birth with only gas and air, and in the end, I actually could have had that birth. However, that was before going 2 weeks overdue and having to be induced. By the time I was ready to go to the delivery suite, I had been in early labour for 2 whole days and having mild contractions for that entire time. Apart from the fact they say inductions are "worse" for pain because your body is being forced into labour when it might not be ready, by the time I got to 4cms I was absolutely nackered. I hadn't eaten for 2 days either and probably only had about 5 hours sleep in 2 days. Although the MW was saying to me "the pool is free Jess, you can have the birth you want" - my body was screaming for an epidural so I could have a rest. I hadn't even thought about having an epidural throughout my pregnancy, and before having it I actually had 2 doses of the pain relief I said I didn't want!! (pethidine). Basically everything I had in my head about what I wanted/didn't want went out of the window.

That said, it's NOT like that for everyone. :) I think if I had of gone into labour naturally, my birth story would be different. But I didn't, so I can't really say.

I know the unknown is scary hun, but honestly I would advise just to be really open-minded, and just go along with whatever happens. The one thing I do know is you will be absolutely FINE. :) If you need pain relief, take it! No one gets any extra points for doing without. If you don't need it, then you don't need it. :) Either way, you and baby will be fine, and well looked after by the midwives.

Sorry if that scares you even more lol that's not the intention. Just sharing my experience. :) You really don't know how it's going to be for you personally, until it happens xxxxx

Yes I will have whatever I need but I would like y think epidural isn't one because I don't want to delay labour but one of my anaesthetist friends said get an epidural from the off why suffer the pain. I'm not doing a birth plan my only wish is skin to skin contact ASAP and a healthy baby. The unknown is scary and that's what's freaking me out xx

Yes I will have whatever I need but I would like y think epidural isn't one because I don't want to delay labour but one of my anaesthetist friends said get an epidural from the off why suffer the pain. I'm not doing a birth plan my only wish is skin to skin contact ASAP and a healthy baby. The unknown is scary and that's what's freaking me out xx

I know exactly how you feel trust me. It is soo scary when you haven't been through it before. You've really no idea what to expect, and all sorts go through your mind about what will happen. You will be ok though, you'll be well looked after. Us girls on here have probably scared everyone with our iffy labours (;)) but you do get through it and it can't have been that bad - we all want more babies lol x The pain I won't lie, is something I've never experienced before. It took over my entire body, but it's a different pain, and it's a pain that reminds you that your baby is coming into the world. The pushing stage for me was the best part. xx

Time will tell that's all we can say hahaha. I'm just scared I won't cope I have high hopes that I will. Il just go with it. When did people get braxton hicks ? X

You will cope. We all make it out the other side lol. X

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Back