Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Gosh there's slot to reply to on this!! Jess - sorry to hear things got worst and you got an ambo how awful! I would say exactly the same as the doc you spoke too, it is possible to gave post partum haemorrhages for several weeks after delivery and it's just your bodies way of getting rid of any tissues. However it's not clear if the pill has made it worst or not. It's up to you whether you choose to come off the pill and get a coil/use condoms etc but you need to consider that the bleeding may continue regardless and then would you rather be on the pill or have the coil when things do settle down. In my experience if you don't get on with the implant then your unlikely to get on with cerazette as they are exactly the same hormone just delivered in a different route, but there are always people that break the mould!!! :) either way family planning are awesome and well worth a visit. Sarah - I have the cot tilted because of reflux and Ben gets wedged at the bottom in his sleeping bag so not sure if any of those suggestions will help, strap him down maybe??? Ear pulling/itching can be a harmless mannerism and give comfort to tired babies similar to thumb sucking. However it can also be a sign on dental pain and a blocked Eustachian tube, in the latter there would probably be other signs such as runny nose, fever, red ear etc . Kirsty, have a look at the app wonder weeks it's awesome Xx

Thanks Katie. I had another look at Oliver's ear and it's not dry and also not red. He let's me touch without any problem. He hasn't got a runny nose or fever so I'm guessing it's a harmless mannerism or maybe slight teething pain. X

I was going to say more likely a development leap than growth. If it was growth then surely he would be drinking more, so 6oz then an hour later wanting more? Either way hope it goes soon xx
Yeh that's a good point!

He's been asleep since 11:30!!! He's technically due a feed around now and given that he only took 3oz at the last one I'm surprised he's not awake but nope still sparko in his car seat (we've been out)!!

I love that app- it's been brilliant at pretty much describing him at times, I did read a few days ago that he's going through a leap but last night and today is the first signs of the little and often feeding.
Apparently this is the 2nd leap he's going through but the first I've noticed any obvious signs that he's going though it...

I've booked his 8 weeks jabs for next Tuesday :-/ dreading it!

Thanks for for all your help x

Wowzers, morning Dr Katie ;) Think we're gonna give the raised cot idea a try before we go spend any more money, we're supposed to be saving up to do the bathroom and garden!! We raised it when he had reflux and he didn't climb up then so maybe it'll work. I'll just try not to raise it too much that he crumples at the bottom instead ;) Failing that, have you got any of said straps we can borrow...? Haha. X

Sorry :) get carried away sometimes!! Xx

Sorry :) get carried away sometimes!! Xx

Don't be sorry, I love having you here. Can never get an appt with our GP so it's handy 'knowing' one haha x

I don't think his ear hurts him like that. He doesn't get upset. Maybe it's just a tired mannerism. Will keep an eye on it x

Cole has done it at every nap he's had today but it's more like behind his ear at the bottom of his neck. We're going to trim his hair on Tom's day off and see if that helps any x

Anyone fine that their babies struggled with their milk when started weening. I'm lucky if Oliver takes 4oz milk now every 4 hours. Even at 7am then he hasn't had food for 8 hours he only takes a couple of ounces. Will take water though

No hun É takes the same amount as before... But then she never reached the oz's most babies do. She never drank more than 30oz a day!! But far as I know it's common to cut back...
How much "food" is he on?

No hun É takes the same amount as before... But then she never reached the oz's most babies do. She never drank more than 30oz a day!! But far as I know it's common to cut back... How much "food" is he on?

He is on three smallish meals a day. HV said he should be on 25-30oz a day but he is probably nearer 20oz. I'm not worried from a weight perspective. Guess just need to ensure he doesn't get dehydrated

Anyone fine that their babies struggled with their milk when started weening. I'm lucky if Oliver takes 4oz milk now every 4 hours. Even at 7am then he hasn't had food for 8 hours he only takes a couple of ounces. Will take water though

Part of our decision to start weaning was because Cole cut down on his bottles. He then started taking 7oz with each meal but now tends to have 5-6oz when he gets up, 6oz with dinner, 6oz with tea and 9oz for bed. On the days he plays silly sods and gets up at 5.30am he has a 4oz bottle straightaway but still has his brekkie as normal at 7.30am. Could it be the heat?

He is on three smallish meals a day. HV said he should be on 25-30oz a day but he is probably nearer 20oz. I'm not worried from a weight perspective. Guess just need to ensure he doesn't get dehydrated

Hmmm... I dunno hun... If he was hungry he'd let u know n sleeping has improved...
I'd keep doing what ur doing n agree, give him a little extra water so he's not dehydrated...

Part of our decision to start weaning was because Cole cut down on his bottles. He then started taking 7oz with each meal but now tends to have 5-6oz when he gets up, 6oz with dinner, 6oz with tea and 9oz for bed. On the days he plays silly sods and gets up at 5.30am he has a 4oz bottle straightaway but still has his brekkie as normal at 7.30am. Could it be the heat?

It could be but he has been like this for a couple of weeks now. He used to be the milk monster too! This is the sort of thing we are feeding him now

7ish: milk (tends to have 2-3oz)
7.30: porridge or cereal with his milk (1-2oz), fruit purée or banana

11.00: milk (tends to take 2-4oz)
11.15: half jar/equivalent - tend to try to make it veg and protein. A tomato wheel or rice cake. Some fruit but often this doesn't get eaten, more played with.
Water (at least 1ox)

3.00: milk (tends to take 2-4oz)
3.15: this varies - sometimes half jar, sometimes toast with cream cheese or hummus, fruit purée, today it's potato wedges and cheese.
Water (at least 1oz)

7.00: milk (tends to be 4-7oz)

11-11.30: milk (tends to be 7-8oz)

With the food I've just gone with when he has had enough. Today he had a lot of porridge but other days he probably only has a few teaspoons worth.

Fact is he is sleeping better now so can't be going too wrong. He seems fine in himself. Will just keep offering milk and water to him.

Hi did any one suffer shortness of breath? Not just going up stairs but after you have eaten, got a bit hot or lying on your back? Im 32 weeks and its been happening about 4 weeks got a bit worse lately

I woke up the other morning on my back and just couldn't breath i don't wake easily either so was still there for 5 mins !

I have to stop eating half way just to catch my breath!

Hi did any one suffer shortness of breath? Not just going up stairs but after you have eaten, got a bit hot or lying on your back? Im 32 weeks and its been happening about 4 weeks got a bit worse lately I woke up the other morning on my back and just couldn't breath i don't wake easily either so was still there for 5 mins ! I have to stop eating half way just to catch my breath!
I did towards the end- think it was due to being kicked in the ribs on a daily basis before he turned himself round and my bump being all front didn't help!
I found I couldn't sleep on my back at all whilst pregnant, try sleeping on your side with lots of pillows, and just take your time with everything- I had to have regular breaks at work cos I'd get breathless just walking from the tills to the staff room x

I'd say bubs is getting ready to turn head down n once it does it'll b easier to breathe...
N then it'll get closer to term n it'll b difficult again coz it'll have grown n taken up all n any space that's left in there...

Hey ladies, just a bit of advise regarding feeding. My little lady is 2 wk's old today and seems to be drinking pretty much none stop, been almost every hr since 3pm this afternoon, i read that u should multiply weight by 2.5 n that's what they should be having. So that would be 20 ish oz in 24hr. she has had 17 since 8 this morning. I did read about a growth spurt, is she too young for one? Xx

How old is she now Hun?
I remember ruby being like that for the first few weeks it was exhausting .. She has settled into a good routine now though and feeds every 3 hours ish and goes longer at nights but she is 12 weeks . Have you considered trying the hungry baby milk? I've not tried it but may be worth a go if she is still hungry after her feeds x

How old is she now Hun? I remember ruby being like that for the first few weeks it was exhausting .. She has settled into a good routine now though and feeds every 3 hours ish and goes longer at nights but she is 12 weeks . Have you considered trying the hungry baby milk? I've not tried it but may be worth a go if she is still hungry after her feeds x

She is only 2 weeks. I remember my health visitor saying that the hungry baby milk is not good early on for their little tummies. not sure whether she would need it as she isn't finishing her bottles as such just little and often xx

Back