Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

I got the Braun one off amazon for £18. It is good and I shall be using it for work as well I think!

Re taking the baby out by all means carry on. Obviously be sensible and wrap him up etc but imagine if you were on your own with no help and you needed milk or something you would have to go! Ask people not to over handle him as he will get sore and cranky-imagine being picked up under your arms all afternoon and passed around! But go and enjoy yourself! You have an excellent excuse for not staying too long if you don't want to but at least you will have made an effort! Xx

I got a simular one for in ear at toysrus when I was expecting Jacob. Still got first battery in from over 2.5yrs now!! It's great as flashes red if temp to low,green if ok and red if high temp which is a really good help too

Have any of you bought a thermometer yet? What kind did you get? I'm thinking I want an ear one and have had a look round and found some good reviews for a Braun one. It's on sale in Boots at the minute for £32 and we've got a £20 voucher so would only cost us £12. Anyone had good or bad experiences with them??

I think I'm gona get the soother one. My SIL had one for the boys n it was great.

I think I'm gona get the soother one. My SIL had one for the boys n it was great.

The one on a dummy?

I was tempted put when Jacob has cold he doesnt really suck properly as can't breathe through nose :/

The one on a dummy?

I was tempted put when Jacob has cold he doesnt really suck properly as can't breathe through nose :/

Yea that's the one. My SIL found it great for her boys. Cudn get her hands on one for her little girl tho n she had a crap time tryna get the temp from the ear one when she was a little older.

Re: Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

hi, i was just wondering if anybody else has been through this and can give me some advice please.....

I've just had a phone call off my doc, my blood from midwife appointment yesterday have come back abnormal, I've had itchy hands and feet on Friday so midwife took some extra blood to check for that OC and its come back abnormal, so I've got to go to hospital to be checked tomorrow at 1pm. I've read up about it and it says they induce some woman early because if the risk of stillbirth, im scared hope baby will be ok, im 36 weeks and 4 days today.x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

hi, i was just wondering if anybody else has been through this and can give me some advice please..... I've just had a phone call off my doc, my blood from midwife appointment yesterday have come back abnormal, I've had itchy hands and feet on Friday so midwife took some extra blood to check for that OC and its come back abnormal, so I've got to go to hospital to be checked tomorrow at 1pm. I've read up about it and it says they induce some woman early because if the risk of stillbirth, im scared hope baby will be ok, im 36 weeks and 4 days today.x Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sadly I don't have any advice but thinking of you xxx

Hi there just happened to see this thread and not pregnant but been through it twice my youngest is 17 months. I had the same thing but try not to stress, you are doing the right thing by going to get it checked today and quite often these things are borderline and they need to keep an eye. Remember your hands also may be feeling like that as your hands may be puffy and swollen with the pregnancy. Hope it goes well today and they are going to keep that baby in your tummy as long as possible but at 36 weeks you are in a really good place x hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread just thought I might be able to put your mind at rest a little xxxx

Hi there just happened to see this thread and not pregnant but been through it twice my youngest is 17 months. I had the same thing but try not to stress, you are doing the right thing by going to get it checked today and quite often these things are borderline and they need to keep an eye. Remember your hands also may be feeling like that as your hands may be puffy and swollen with the pregnancy. Hope it goes well today and they are going to keep that baby in your tummy as long as possible but at 36 weeks you are in a really good place x hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread just thought I might be able to put your mind at rest a little xxxx

I agree hun :) your full term in a couple of days lovely, so you and baby will be fine. As I said on the other thread, you will be in good hands. I'm sure everything is fine though and it's borderline like liz said.

Maybe Susie might know more? :)

Good luck today, keep us posted xxxxx

Re: Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

im nervous because I've read if it is that and they don't induce me the closer i get to 40 weeks the more chance of bile salts passing the placenta and it can cause baby to be still born, so i want to be induced if it is that but scared because of the horror stories about inducing, but just want what's best for baby, thanks guys.x

im nervous because I've read if it is that and they don't induce me the closer i get to 40 weeks the more chance of bile salts passing the placenta and it can cause baby to be still born, so i want to be induced if it is that but scared because of the horror stories about inducing, but just want what's best for baby, thanks guys.x

This is why google is a no-no ;). There probably are some Induction horror stories out there, but there are also some good ones :) I think everything that is googled comes with a horror story. I know it's difficult, I think it's easy for me to say try not to panic, but if you DO need to be induced, you'll be well taken care of. You'll be in the best hands and I'm sure everything will be fine sweetie x good luck xxxx

Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

Try not be too stressed hun, they do tend to induce but when is very dependent on your blood results. They will check you and baby over today and probably take some more bloods, and from now on will keep a close eye on you both. The main thing is that you are both safe.
The problem with dr google is that there isn't a great deal of balance, and you dont always get the pros/cons etc which the drs will go through with you today.
They may also start you on some meds, piriton to stop the itch and something called urso which can help stabilise the liver.
Try not to worry. You're nearly full term , baby is fully developed and can be born now if need be (you might go into labour tomorrow on your own!) and they have found it early which makes a big difference.
Xx

Good luck today Hun. Will keep everything crossed that it's not what they think but if it is I've heard good and bad stories about induction but also good and bad stories about natural labour. It's good that they are looking after you and acting quickly :) xx

im nervous because I've read if it is that and they don't induce me the closer i get to 40 weeks the more chance of bile salts passing the placenta and it can cause baby to be still born, so i want to be induced if it is that but scared because of the horror stories about inducing, but just want what's best for baby, thanks guys.x Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Definitely don't google! As I said on the other thread I know someone who had this twice and had two healthy babies. She was induced but no massively early from memory (her kids are 7 and 12 now so it was while ago!). I'm sure they'll keep baby cooking for as long as they can - trust your doctors to do the right thing by you hun.

I'm being induced on Saturday and I'm scared tbh but Susie's right, there is no balance on the internet. People don't go on forums to discuss their normal, uneventful birth, just the horror stories. And when I googled 'positive induction stories' I actually found a lot of them too! You can have a good or bad experience whatever kind of birth you have - there's no right or wrong.

Let us know how you get on later xxx

Oh god well I had the downs syndrome test as I did with Jacob, plus I wouldnt of got a scan at 12w as I had emerg one which dated me at 8+2... But the results came back 1 in 2900 and considered a risk!
I don't know what to think now as I always said I dont care but it's a scary thought it's a risk chance now!!

Totally read that wrong and says not considered a risk!!! Pmsl.

Last edited:

thanks everyone, ill come back on when i know more once I've been to hospital. Sarah i hope your induction goes well on Saturday.xx

Oh god well I had the downs syndrome test as I did with Jacob, plus I wouldnt of got a scan at 12w as I had emerg one which dated me at 8+2... But the results came back 1 in 2900 and considered a risk!
I don't know what to think now as I always said I dont care but it's a scary thought it's a risk chance now!!

Totally read that wrong and says not considered a risk!!! Pmsl.
Oh God Jess.. That must have been a fright indeed.. Glad all is clear tho :)

thanks everyone, ill come back on when i know more once I've been to hospital. Sarah i hope your induction goes well on Saturday.xx

Will be thinking of you hun.. Fingers n toes crossed all goes well and its just precautionary.. Either you'll be in the best place getting the best care.. xxx

Duno if I'm being super paranoid.. But took my first 2 paracetemol in my almost 30 weeks of being pregnant and baby is so quiet today... Gona see how I got this afternoon and head to the hospital later if I'm still not happy... Have just had lunch so baby SHOULD start wriggling about shortly...

This is a question for anyone who knows anyone like me (a literal pain in the arse) and the lovely suzie!! ;-)

TMi alert too!! Gross poo detail coming up...

I'm 8 weeks post episiotomy and 6 weeks post it being re sutured, nearly 5 weeks post the stitches being removed as it was far too tight!
2 weeks ago my GP found more stitches to remove and since then pain wise has got lots better

All apart from one thing...bowel movements!!
When I go for a poo I am still in tears! I am bleeding (I think I reoccurring rip but not sure) and then left in pain for an hour or more! :-(
It feels like the poo is too big for the hole (sorry for tmi!!) I have taken softener for weeks but it hasn't really helped! Just helped with the constipation - now I'm going daily ( or there abouts) but it hurts me!! :-(

Is it possible that it's a smaller hole? Will they have stitched it up a bit?? Or what else? Is it just unfortunate timing? Do I mention it when go bk to hospital next week? Xx

Back