Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Oh Saz. Sorry to hear that but as has been said, they're looking after u now so all will b fine. Try not to worry. N think... U shud hav yer little bundle in yer arms in time for Santa. N hopefully ur both home in time to spend it with ur little boy xxx

Ok ladies so would any of you know why when in the mornings when I wake and get up my stomach really hurts and aches. It used to be because I was desperate for the toilet but It not that as I go through the night several time!

Ok ladies so would any of you know why when in the mornings when I wake and get up my stomach really hurts and aches. It used to be because I was desperate for the toilet but It not that as I go through the night several time!
I get it all the time, I'm putting it down to uterus stretching in fact this morning it feels like I've done 200 ab crunches I've even had to take painkillers! X

Last edited:
I get it all the time, I'm putting it down to uterus stretching in fact this morning it feels like I've done 200 ab crunches I've even had to take painkillers! X

yeah i thought it was strange with been every morning i get up :/ like over done exercise or extreme period after pains... i still lay lightly on side/belly so wonder if its because im on my stomach? i did try laying more on side but must roll in sleep. x

Re: Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

[QUOTE=Jess
maybe its ligament pains, i get them a lot.x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sounds like stretching or ligaments yea...
Doubt it would be coz of laying on yer tummy as I done that til 20 odd weeks.. As long as I could.. lol
It was the only way I could sleep as that's my usual comfy position...

guess its that then! :)

grow baby, grow!

I'm bit worried about Stevie's eating.

He is a good (read very good) eater normally but cos he has been bit ill he ate bit less. Today in total he has only had 6oz (all before his injections) and during the night he had just 2oz ( could be he is reducing it to sleep through)
However yesterday he only ate about 16 oz an normally I'd had he has around 24oz...

Obviously his lack of eating is effecting his wet nappies and he isn't filling them (wee) like normal.he doesn't have a fever but temp is around 37

Is this just a bad timing for cold and injections at the same time? Should I be worried? Any advice? X

He is a good (read very good) eater normally but cos he has been bit ill he ate bit less. Today in total he has only had 6oz (all before his injections) and during the night he had just 2oz ( could be he is reducing it to sleep through)
However yesterday he only ate about 16 oz an normally I'd had he has around 24oz...

Obviously his lack of eating is effecting his wet nappies and he isn't filling them (wee) like normal.he doesn't have a fever but temp is around 37

Is this just a bad timing for cold and injections at the same time? Should I be worried? Any advice? X

Sounds like me it's from injections. It's been a long time since Jacob was a baby but I do remember he was always abit I'll after his jabs. Off his food, bit of a temp, wanting more cuddles and sleeping more. x

Hi all, I have a question about braxton hicks...

I'm 30+4 and the last few days been having BH's/tightenings quite a lot, and as I type this I have a few cramps really low down in my lady bits (this hasn't happened before now)...I also mentioned on my diary yesterday that I had the tiniest (and I mean tiny) amount of pinkish discharge when I wiped after my first morning wee which contained 2 tiny specs of blood (size of a pin prick). This didn't worry me at all because I have a cervical ectropion and it can be normal for me to bleed (last little bleed was at around 15 weeks). Does this mean anything? Should I be worried? Baby is moving around as normal so that doesn't concern me...

I'm just wondering if BH's at this time means I'm going to have an early baby...and if the cramping is anything to worry about!

Would really appreciate some help/advice xxx

Hi all, I have a question about braxton hicks... I'm 30+4 and the last few days been having BH's/tightenings quite a lot, and as I type this I have a few cramps really low down in my lady bits (this hasn't happened before now)...I also mentioned on my diary yesterday that I had the tiniest (and I mean tiny) amount of pinkish discharge when I wiped after my first morning wee which contained 2 tiny specs of blood (size of a pin prick). This didn't worry me at all because I have a cervical ectropion and it can be normal for me to bleed (last little bleed was at around 15 weeks). Does this mean anything? Should I be worried? Baby is moving around as normal so that doesn't concern me... I'm just wondering if BH's at this time means I'm going to have an early baby...and if the cramping is anything to worry about! Would really appreciate some help/advice xxx

I'm not 100% sure on this but I've read you can have BH's through your while pregnancy. Apparently they just aren't strong enough in the earlier months but, from what I can gather, it's not unusual to be getting them at 30+ weeks. I would say as long as bubs is being her usual self then it sounds normal to me. But then again I've not had any yet (that I know of) so someone else might be able to shed a bit more light for you xxx

Hey all

Just wondering whether anyone has experienced what I've been having today. Basically I feel a pressure like I need to pass wind all the time but I don't. It's not like trapped wind, it's just like pressure in the bottom of my back and under my bump. Not painful, just uncomfortable, and not like tightenings so don't think it's BH's. At first I thought it was wind but can't seem to budge it. Baby is apparently back to back again so wondering if it could be that? My friend said today that when she was pregnant she could feel her baby pressing on her 'poo shoot' (her words-not mine!!) so also wondering whether that's possible?

Anyone had a bout of sickness later on, I was just eating toast and then suddenly I'm running to the loo :-/

Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

Hi hun
Could just be coincidence, cold, injections etc but def keep an eye on it, especially if he isn't weeing as much. I would offer him food more regularly, maybe back to 3hrly rather than waiting for him to demand it; it may be he's just a bit sleepier and needs reminding. And I would set your alarm for the night as well, then at least you can offer it to him. If still not better by tomorrow I would take him to the gp, better safe than sorry. X

Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

Hi all, I have a question about braxton hicks...

I'm 30+4 and the last few days been having BH's/tightenings quite a lot, and as I type this I have a few cramps really low down in my lady bits (this hasn't happened before now)...I also mentioned on my diary yesterday that I had the tiniest (and I mean tiny) amount of pinkish discharge when I wiped after my first morning wee which contained 2 tiny specs of blood (size of a pin prick). This didn't worry me at all because I have a cervical ectropion and it can be normal for me to bleed (last little bleed was at around 15 weeks). Does this mean anything? Should I be worried? Baby is moving around as normal so that doesn't concern me...

I'm just wondering if BH's at this time means I'm going to have an early baby...and if the cramping is anything to worry about!

Would really appreciate some help/advice xxx

I started having them quite badly around 28 weeks and like you I thought Ooo is this a sign of something more! But it wasn't, I just got used to them after a bit. Blood wise I would just keep an eye on it. If you get concerned, ring the Hosp. Similarly, if the BH get stronger, more painful, closer together, ring the Hosp. Hopefully all will quieten down in a bit xx

Hey all

Just wondering whether anyone has experienced what I've been having today. Basically I feel a pressure like I need to pass wind all the time but I don't. It's not like trapped wind, it's just like pressure in the bottom of my back and under my bump. Not painful, just uncomfortable, and not like tightenings so don't think it's BH's. At first I thought it was wind but can't seem to budge it. Baby is apparently back to back again so wondering if it could be that? My friend said today that when she was pregnant she could feel her baby pressing on her 'poo shoot' (her words-not mine!!) so also wondering whether that's possible?

Haha I like the poo shoot quote! Yes likely to be baby pressing on it. Especially if his/her head is pushing on a nerve. Have you got a ball? Might help bouncing up and down on it for a bit xx

Haha I like the poo shoot quote! Yes likely to be baby pressing on it. Especially if his/her head is pushing on a nerve. Have you got a ball? Might help bouncing up and down on it for a bit xx

She has a way with words!! Baby needs to move, it's making me very uncomfortable! Never thought to use my ball, I'll get on it for a bit now. Thanks :) xx

Back