Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

awww little Seth is just gorgeous! i can't stop looking at his pictures!! Sarah - you look fantastic too i swear i am going to look awful in any photos post birth......how on earth did you look so fab?!

Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

Do you know what, you lot are fab. You're so much better than mumsnet and net mums which quite frankly I find a bit shouty and irritating......hugs to you all xx

Do you know what, you lot are fab. You're so much better than mumsnet and net mums which quite frankly I find a bit shouty and irritating......hugs to you all xx

Aww susie we'd def b lost without u on here... Xxx

Aww we are a little family and we'd be lost without you!! :) xx

I agree. I've been on there and they're all very judgy. Not like our lovely mini's girls who are just amazingly supportive of everything xx

Hi ladies, Tonight I it went to a carol concert and ALL the way through I felt like a quiver in my lower abdo, it was a very strange feeling, I've only recently felt baby kick me in my side (I'm 24 weeks with anterior placenta) could the quiver have been baby, I'm still trying to decipher what's baby and what's not!

Oh and is rib pain normal at this stage, and a pain in the middle of abdo 2 cms above belly button? X

Last edited:
Re: Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

Hi ladies, Tonight I it went to a carol concert and ALL the way through I felt like a quiver in my lower abdo, it was a very strange feeling, I've only recently felt baby kick me in my side (I'm 24 weeks with anterior placenta) could the quiver have been baby, I'm still trying to decipher what's baby and what's not!

Oh and is rib pain normal at this stage, and a pain in the middle of abdo 2 cms above belly button? X

i would say its your baby girl you can feel, not sure about the rib pain though.x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Re: Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

does anyone know how i can help Freddie do a poo? he's got all the meconium (sp) out then hasn't done a poo all day yesterday and was up from 2-5 with what seemed like bellyache, he'd got his wind up and i had been doing the bicycle legs thing to him and nothing helped, bless him.x

Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

does anyone know how i can help Freddie do a poo? he's got all the meconium (sp) out then hasn't done a poo all day yesterday and was up from 2-5 with what seemed like bellyache, he'd got his wind up and i had been doing the bicycle legs thing to him and nothing helped, bless him.x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app[/

When did he last poo hun? And what colour was it? Are you bf or formula? X

Hi ladies, Tonight I it went to a carol concert and ALL the way through I felt like a quiver in my lower abdo, it was a very strange feeling, I've only recently felt baby kick me in my side (I'm 24 weeks with anterior placenta) could the quiver have been baby, I'm still trying to decipher what's baby and what's not! Oh and is rib pain normal at this stage, and a pain in the middle of abdo 2 cms above belly button? X

I'd say it's baby. When you say rib pain, is it like an uncomfortable feeling or a dull ache? I get that when baby sticks it's foot up under my ribs. I just rub my hands over it until it moves. I get nearly all my movement in my sides and very low down in my pelvis. Now baby is head down it appears to think my pelvis and ribs are a toy!! Not sure about the pain above your belly button though, I get all sorts of random pains. Have you got midwife soon to mention it?xx

does anyone know how i can help Freddie do a poo? he's got all the meconium (sp) out then hasn't done a poo all day yesterday and was up from 2-5 with what seemed like bellyache, he'd got his wind up and i had been doing the bicycle legs thing to him and nothing helped, bless him.x Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

We're having a bit of trouble with Seth in that dept - he'd not done a wee until last night which was worrying me but he's woken up with a wet nappy this morning so phew! He's not pooped since his last meconium poo yesterday morning though, he's not showing signs of huge wind yet although he's a bit trumpy! :/ Midwife did say that babies sometimes have a delay between the first poo and their first proper poo and it can be a bit explosive when it does happen...

I'd say it's baby. When you say rib pain, is it like an uncomfortable feeling or a dull ache? I get that when baby sticks it's foot up under my ribs. I just rub my hands over it until it moves. I get nearly all my movement in my sides and very low down in my pelvis. Now baby is head down it appears to think my pelvis and ribs are a toy!! Not sure about the pain above your belly button though, I get all sorts of random pains. Have you got midwife soon to mention it?xx

It's more of an uncomfortable feeling every now and again it'll make me wince but it's not so bad to make me worry, I think the pain above my belly button, and I might be wrong is roughly where the top of my uterus is and it's when I bend over so I'm guessing it's my body telling me to bend properly!! I had midwife yesterday, but forgot everything I had written down to ask her lol

It's more of an uncomfortable feeling every now and again it'll make me wince but it's not so bad to make me worry, I think the pain above my belly button, and I might be wrong is roughly where the top of my uterus is and it's when I bend over so I'm guessing it's my body telling me to bend properly!! I had midwife yesterday, but forgot everything I had written down to ask her lol

Mine started off as an uncomfortable feeling too. I'd say the rib thing is definitely baby. I always forget what I want to ask the midwife so have to tell Tom as well, just in case. Mind you, because I'm consultant led my midwife isn't bothered about me at all. She makes me an appointment every five weeks and I should be seeing her every 2 ish now according to my records x

Mine started off as an uncomfortable feeling too. I'd say the rib thing is definitely baby. I always forget what I want to ask the midwife so have to tell Tom as well, just in case. Mind you, because I'm consultant led my midwife isn't bothered about me at all. She makes me an appointment every five weeks and I should be seeing her every 2 ish now according to my records x

I thought mine was going to do that as I have a consultant appointment at 28 weeks but she said no I'll see you as well I was very surprised!

I told Pete but he forgot as well lol xx

It could be baby but I also had something similar when id over done it , so too much bending and physical work: I don't mean anything massive but if I'd cleaned the house then I'd pay for it afterwards with dull ache feeling, usually where baby's feet were so nearer the top. Hope it has eased off but it does sound pretty normal but if you're concerned give me a ring xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app[/

When did he last poo hun? And what colour was it? Are you bf or formula? X

he last poo'ed Sunday night but it was only a little splash, on Sunday daytime he did one poo that was a mixture of the black with the mustard colour but in the day he was born ( Saturday) he did 6 black ones, its like the mustard colour has come and he's constipated, he's formula fed, i was going to have a go at breastfeeding but the liver tablets they put me on say not to breastfeed so we went straight onto formula.x

also, can i give him aired water? Thankyou.x

also, can i give him aired water? Thankyou.x

The fact it was starting to change is a good sign, and you will probably find you go to him later and he's done a HUGE poo and it's everywhere! Is he weeing plenty? That's generally the best sign all is well.
I'm guess you meant boiled water? Not aired!! :)
Yes you can but as an extra to milk not instead of. Give him 1oz or so of cooled boiled water if you like. However, you might find he's not keen. If so, heat it up a little bit and try again but some babies hate it.
When you seeing mw next? Xx

Back