Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

That's fab. A friend has said we could borrow hers so think we are going to give that a try. I thought around the house it may be useful for when I want both hands free. Seth does look mighty comfy x

Definitely give it a go, not sure I'd wear ours for long trips out but for around the house it's brilliant! Seth was really content while he was wrapped up, it must feel like a massive cuddle him <3

Looks great! We borrowed a close one but now she's bigger she's not keen as she is a really nosey Parker! You're looking fabulous btw, especially considering you have a 2week old baby! X

Thank you, that must be a fluke though cos I don't feel fab! Mega tired and still in a bit of pain from my wound but getting there slowly... :)

There are loads of other types of wrap/carrier you can use so that she could face out? I'm planning on getting a woven wrap or a ring sling once Seth's a bit older so he can watch the world go by!

Btw if anyone wants adding to the sling/wrap group on fb let me know - it's mainly for selling but also good for advice etc if you're not sure what you need.xxx

Ah ok. I will investigate on the proper internet rather than my phone! How did you get on today? How's Stevie? X

Stevie is still very u settled at night! :-(
For some reason I thought us going shopping all day and him not playing/mainly snoozing in his stroller would mean he wasn't tired at night - how wrong was I?!
He was grumpy he was that tired and was sleeping by 7pm - took him to bed for 8pm and it didn't take much to settle him.

He was then awake at 11:30 ish for a feed, 2:30ish for another feed, 4:45 he had a little bit of milk maybe 2oz...at 6am he again came to bed with us but that didn't last long as hubby's not well so was getting cross with his baby noises! So I brought him down before 7am.

I am too tired! At 3:30 when trying to settle him I ended up crying and leaving him in his room alone for 5 mins so I could chill out...he fell asleep by himself in that time so why do I feel I need to stand there putting his dummy in every min!! Xx

Stevie is still very u settled at night! :-(
For some reason I thought us going shopping all day and him not playing/mainly snoozing in his stroller would mean he wasn't tired at night - how wrong was I?!
He was grumpy he was that tired and was sleeping by 7pm - took him to bed for 8pm and it didn't take much to settle him.

He was then awake at 11:30 ish for a feed, 2:30ish for another feed, 4:45 he had a little bit of milk maybe 2oz...at 6am he again came to bed with us but that didn't last long as hubby's not well so was getting cross with his baby noises! So I brought him down before 7am.

I am too tired! At 3:30 when trying to settle him I ended up crying and leaving him in his room alone for 5 mins so I could chill out...he fell asleep by himself in that time so why do I feel I need to stand there putting his dummy in every min!! Xx

Aww bless you hun, I've been there at 3am as well! Did you have a look at the book? Hope you have a better day today xx

Susie.. Quick 1 for ya... So last night we dtd n there was a spot of blood... Literally just when I wiped n nothing since. Seen as I've a negative blood type... Should I go to the hospital n get the anti d injection? Over here its not given til after the birth n only if baby's blood is positive. So its only if I've bled, or had a bump or fall...
I'm assuming the blood from last night wouldn't count as it wouldn't after from near the placenta or anything related to baby???

Ooo firstly I'm impressed with dtd....we didn't do it at all! ;) Secondly that's a difficult one. You're likely right with it not being placenta/baby related and I'm sure you will be fine but I would prob ring Hosp just to see what they think. Better to be safe! They give it over here like it's going out of fashion. Sorry if that's a bit of a lame response, as I say best to be safe xx

Ooo firstly I'm impressed with dtd....we didn't do it at all! ;) Secondly that's a difficult one. You're likely right with it not being placenta/baby related and I'm sure you will be fine but I would prob ring Hosp just to see what they think. Better to be safe! They give it over here like it's going out of fashion. Sorry if that's a bit of a lame response, as I say best to be safe xx
Ha ha. Being away we got a tad carried away lol
Shall ring them first thing. Thanks Susie ;-) xxx

Question - I have woken up this morning with what feels like period pain! The post birth bleeding had pretty much dried up but this morning it's back and brown. My belly really hurts but I would have thought it was too soon for a period, Seth is three weeks old tomorrow. Is it likely or should I be concerned? xxx

Question - I have woken up this morning with what feels like period pain! The post birth bleeding had pretty much dried up but this morning it's back and brown. My belly really hurts but I would have thought it was too soon for a period, Seth is three weeks old tomorrow. Is it likely or should I be concerned? xxx

Mine came and went for about 4 weeks - I'm not sure how it's different if u have had a c - section.

I did get my first proper period at 6 weeks tho and it was a killer (so u can be warned) then on my second period I had the contraceptive injection so I'm hoping no more for me!! :) xx

I had my bleeding on and off for about 6 weeks and then it went away and has not returned! :D If you're still bf it's unlikely to be a period but it's not unheard of. It should be fine but if it starts to smell stinky or you start bleeding really heavily ring the Hosp xxx

I had my bleeding on and off for about 6 weeks and then it went away and has not returned! :D If you're still bf it's unlikely to be a period but it's not unheard of. It should be fine but if it starts to smell stinky or you start bleeding really heavily ring the Hosp xxx

Will do, thanks! I just feel a lot more sore today and it took me by surprise, I guess I'll get days like this while I heal up. xxx

Home :-D Rang the hospital n I've to go have bloods tonight n get the anti d tomoro :-( Good job I rang coz wasn't going to. Seen as the bleed isn't from anywhere near the baby or anything to do with her

Definitely good that you spoke to them then, it's always worth getting things checked out xxx

When did people start getting baths again rather than showers ?do I have to wait till I'm past 12 weeks x

When did people start getting baths again rather than showers ?do I have to wait till I'm past 12 weeks x

You should be ok to have baths, they just say not to have them too hot. I had baths the whole time I was pregnant with no problems xxx

I genuinely can't remember what I did...I think I did have baths all the way through (as I haven't heard you can't - as long as it's not hot!!) that said, the first trimester for me was during the heat wave so it was probably cool showers for me!

Either way, they say have the temperature suitable for if you put a baby in it :) xx

Personally I did, but I was over cautious about everything! If you want one have one just make sure it's not boiling hot xx

I like red hot. What's suitable for a baby temp? I haven't done my home work lol it's clear I need to read up haha or stick with showers lol x

I like red hot. What's suitable for a baby temp? I haven't done my home work lol it's clear I need to read up haha or stick with showers lol x

37 degrees is the general consensus x

Back