Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Last night/this morning I was aware that I hadn't felt babe much. I mentioned it to Paul at 6am because it was playing on my mind. Problem is due to my silly positioned placenta I haven't felt half as many movements as most people do. Midwife has never been concerned with this because heartbeat has always been perfectly fine and it's not like I ever had tons to start with. Paul therefore said the same thing. I don't think I am really worried about it otherwise id go to the hospital but at the same time it keeps playing on my mind. Just a few wriggles and think id feel ok.

I've just had lunch and my tummy is moving a bit now. Baby isn't kicking but moving a teeny bit.

I've got 3 days until due date so guessing there isn't much room for wiggling around.

Should I be worried? I could go to hospital tonight and get checked over? Maybe I'm just being a worry wort.

Last night/this morning I was aware that I hadn't felt babe much. I mentioned it to Paul at 6am because it was playing on my mind. Problem is due to my silly positioned placenta I haven't felt half as many movements as most people do. Midwife has never been concerned with this because heartbeat has always been perfectly fine and it's not like I ever had tons to start with. Paul therefore said the same thing. I don't think I am really worried about it otherwise id go to the hospital but at the same time it keeps playing on my mind. Just a few wriggles and think id feel ok.

I've just had lunch and my tummy is moving a bit now. Baby isn't kicking but moving a teeny bit.

I've got 3 days until due date so guessing there isn't much room for wiggling around.

Should I be worried? I could go to hospital tonight and get checked over? Maybe I'm just being a worry wort.

Pj, the question I would ask is 'is it different to normal?' If yes, then ring the Hosp and get checked over. Whilst there may not be much room the pattern and strength of baby's movements (albeit wriggles and squirms) should be the same. If they fob you off, insist and say you will be coming anyway as you just aren't happy with baby's movements and you want reassurance that everything is. It's likely just that baby is in a funny position but best to be on the safe side xxx
Oh and if they tell you to drink some cold water say you've already done that an it hadn't worked-it's not evidence based anyway and they shouldn't be telling you that. In the same way as if you felt unwell and were tucked up in bed unwilling to move and I chucked an ice cold bucket of water all over you, you would move whether you wanted to or not. Same principle. Doesn't mean you would feel better!
Sure all will be well xxx

Pj, the question I would ask is 'is it different to normal?' If yes, then ring the Hosp and get checked over. Whilst there may not be much room the pattern and strength of baby's movements (albeit wriggles and squirms) should be the same. If they fob you off, insist and say you will be coming anyway as you just aren't happy with baby's movements and you want reassurance that everything is. It's likely just that baby is in a funny position but best to be on the safe side xxx Oh and if they tell you to drink some cold water say you've already done that an it hadn't worked-it's not evidence based anyway and they shouldn't be telling you that. In the same way as if you felt unwell and were tucked up in bed unwilling to move and I chucked an ice cold bucket of water all over you, you would move whether you wanted to or not. Same principle. Doesn't mean you would feel better! Sure all will be well xxx

Thanks Hun. It's less movement than usual I would say. Think I will give it a couple more hours then ring them. Would like bf to come with me and he is at work in London.

Pj, the question I would ask is 'is it different to normal?' If yes, then ring the Hosp and get checked over. Whilst there may not be much room the pattern and strength of baby's movements (albeit wriggles and squirms) should be the same. If they fob you off, insist and say you will be coming anyway as you just aren't happy with baby's movements and you want reassurance that everything is. It's likely just that baby is in a funny position but best to be on the safe side xxx
Oh and if they tell you to drink some cold water say you've already done that an it hadn't worked-it's not evidence based anyway and they shouldn't be telling you that. In the same way as if you felt unwell and were tucked up in bed unwilling to move and I chucked an ice cold bucket of water all over you, you would move whether you wanted to or not. Same principle. Doesn't mean you would feel better!
Sure all will be well xxx
Yea.. What Susie said :) xxx

Well I went to get checked out to stop me worrying and all is fine. Baby is moving lots (apparently excite able!!) but I can't feel the movements due to my anterior placenta. I did feel a few movements once I was on the monitor, little rascal obviously waiting. In the end I was on the monitor for an hour so that they could fully check. The staff were fab. They checked me over too and all fine. Now 3/5th engaged. Come on baby!!

Home now and feel so much better. Just needed that reassurance.

Thanks for your help Suzie. X

Well I went to get checked out to stop me worrying and all is fine. Baby is moving lots (apparently excite able!!) but I can't feel the movements due to my anterior placenta. I did feel a few movements once I was on the monitor, little rascal obviously waiting. In the end I was on the monitor for an hour so that they could fully check. The staff were fab. They checked me over too and all fine. Now 3/5th engaged. Come on baby!! Home now and feel so much better. Just needed that reassurance. Thanks for your help Suzie. X

Glad everything is ok. The anterior placenta is a massive pain!! Yay to being 3/5 engaged. Come on baby, we need another birth announcement! It's 17 days since Cole was born x

Glad everything is ok. The anterior placenta is a massive pain!! Yay to being 3/5 engaged. Come on baby, we need another birth announcement! It's 17 days since Cole was born x

Yes i like the fact I'm not beig kicked all over the place like some girls but it sure makes you worry at times. Yeah time for us jan girls to get these babies out!!

Girls, I know we've discussed this at some point recently but I'm too lazy to go back through the thread, plus it'd probably take forever!!
So I'm now making up Cole's bottles using powdered formula instead of the ready made stuff as it's getting expensive with him drinking far more. I've been making up a bottle in advance so far. I've googled (I know!!!) and some people say to make them up as you go and others say it's ok to make a few but to keep them in the fridge and use within 12 hours. What have other mummies done? Or what are any of you planning to do if bottle feeding?

Another question.... Does you have to have your show before going into labour? A lot what I've read and been told says your show is 10-14 days before going into labour.... I'm not aware I've lost my mucas plug yet although I guess it could have happened whilst on the loo, so does this mean I'm unlikely to go into labour for a while?

All the people I know had their show before going into labour a week or more after.

Another question.... Does you have to have your show before going into labour? A lot what I've read and been told says your show is 10-14 days before going into labour.... I'm not aware I've lost my mucas plug yet although I guess it could have happened whilst on the loo, so does this mean I'm unlikely to go into labour for a while? All the people I know had their show before going into labour a week or more after.

I wondered this so asked my mummy friends (before I knew I was definitely bring induced) and most of them said they never actually lost theirs until they were in labour. So I don't think there's any pattern to it really. But someone else might know better than me. I didn't get mine but I think that's because they took me in at 38+4 x

Woo pj, glad all is ok, better to be safe and as you say, you feel happier now.

Re a show, I didn't really get one til my contractions started and even then not much.

Re bottles, you can make up in advance and then cool rapidly and put at the back of the fridge. The idea of making in advance (rather than adding powder to cooled boiled water) is that the hot water kills any bacteria in the powder as it's not sterile. But a lot of people do it differently!
Xx

Woo pj, glad all is ok, better to be safe and as you say, you feel happier now. Re a show, I didn't really get one til my contractions started and even then not much. Re bottles, you can make up in advance and then cool rapidly and put at the back of the fridge. The idea of making in advance (rather than adding powder to cooled boiled water) is that the hot water kills any bacteria in the powder as it's not sterile. But a lot of people do it differently! Xx

That's what I've done and will carry on doing. It never hurt us as kids and it's easier to make them up in advance so he's not kicking off comfy bottle time. Thanks Susie xx

Another question.... Does you have to have your show before going into labour? A lot what I've read and been told says your show is 10-14 days before going into labour.... I'm not aware I've lost my mucas plug yet although I guess it could have happened whilst on the loo, so does this mean I'm unlikely to go into labour for a while? All the people I know had their show before going into labour a week or more after.

I had one but only because I had an internal - this was after my waters broke! I think it's hit and miss as to whether you get one tbh xxx

Thanks girls. I won't worry that I've not had a show then and still got ages until I labour. Come on contractions, happy for you to come now hehe

Shouldn't be long now! :D

Hello ladies :) 9 weeks today I just want to get past 12 weeks suddenly I'm feeling nervous I assume that's natural. My brothers work colleague had a miscarriage and suddenly I've become paranoid I googled the risks at each week and it started saying 10 week was a critical week but I couldn't find why :-/. Last night I had a little speckle of blood nothing this morning so you can imagine I was thinking omg. Although the midwife said to expect spotting around a period due date but then I course I was irregular so.. Anyway I can see I'm rambling I laid awake last night for abit saying I wanted baby to stay put I must have sounded crazy... It doesn't help that I'm not feeling rubbish apart from tiredness and heavy boobs I haven't had any sickness my mum never had sickness in pregnancies but when people say sickness is a good sign of a healthy pregnancy it makes you paranoid .... I'm shushing now x

Hello ladies :) 9 weeks today I just want to get past 12 weeks suddenly I'm feeling nervous I assume that's natural. My brothers work colleague had a miscarriage and suddenly I've become paranoid I googled the risks at each week and it started saying 10 week was a critical week but I couldn't find why :-/. Last night I had a little speckle of blood nothing this morning so you can imagine I was thinking omg. Although the midwife said to expect spotting around a period due date but then I course I was irregular so.. Anyway I can see I'm rambling I laid awake last night for abit saying I wanted baby to stay put I must have sounded crazy... It doesn't help that I'm not feeling rubbish apart from tiredness and heavy boobs I haven't had any sickness my mum never had sickness in pregnancies but when people say sickness is a good sign of a healthy pregnancy it makes you paranoid .... I'm shushing now x

Hi,
Totally normal to have all these worries and fears. I never had morning sickness so don't worry that you haven't. Easier said than done but try stay as calm as possible. Try eat healthily and your little bubba will be fine I'm sure. The spotting is normal but if you're worried then ring the hospital. Hope the next few weeks fly by for you so that you can have your scan and feel less worried x

I have a scan next week at ivf clinic :) so hopefully no more spotting now an I can try to relax I was going to have a look at a baby outlet see how much things cost but trying to establish what exactly is essential for a baby is a job in it's self haha

Back