Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

My sister is on pregnancy number two (my nephew is 2.5) and she's had no sickness with either. And neither did my mum with us two. I used to think everyone had morning sickness but it seems just as many people don't as the ones that do.
I had two bleeds early on and it turned out it was when I went for a number two (sorry - tmi!). It was def from the front but docs said it was probably things 'stretching' when I went to the loo.
12 weeks will be here before you know it xx

Hi hun x try not to worry x

I had 3 bleeds early on - one at 4+5, another at 7+3 and one at 15 weeks. At 7+3 it was so heavy I went to A&E (I was devastated....despite having no pain with it, i really thought I'd lost her) but fortunately everything looked normal apart from I was diagnosed with a cervical ectropion. It's really common and can form due to excess estrogen/hormones etc. So i was told I could bleed throughout - fortunately that didn't happen after the 15 week bleed.

Plus, you just ask Frances - she didn't have many symptoms and she was worried at first too - but her bubs is absolutely fine :) everyone is different and everyone's bodies react differently. Please don't worry I'm sure everything is fine xxxxx

Thank you ladies I few better I've had no more spotting x

Hello ladies :) 9 weeks today I just want to get past 12 weeks suddenly I'm feeling nervous I assume that's natural. My brothers work colleague had a miscarriage and suddenly I've become paranoid I googled the risks at each week and it started saying 10 week was a critical week but I couldn't find why :-/. Last night I had a little speckle of blood nothing this morning so you can imagine I was thinking omg. Although the midwife said to expect spotting around a period due date but then I course I was irregular so.. Anyway I can see I'm rambling I laid awake last night for abit saying I wanted baby to stay put I must have sounded crazy... It doesn't help that I'm not feeling rubbish apart from tiredness and heavy boobs I haven't had any sickness my mum never had sickness in pregnancies but when people say sickness is a good sign of a healthy pregnancy it makes you paranoid .... I'm shushing now x

Hey hunnie. Pls try not to worry (impossible I kno!!) but as u kno I no no sickness. Just heavy boobs!! Not even bigger ones.. Just felt heavier!! Here I am at 35+3 n baby is doing amazing
That age age old saying frightened the life outta me well into late 20's weeks... As Sarah n penny n jess hav pointed out... It's just as normal to not hav sickness in pregnancy just that we don't give out about it... Coz hey, who's gona moan that they're not sick!!!!!
It's perfectly normal to b panicky in the first trimester especially. With Gods blessing u n baby will b perfectly fine. Xxxx

Hello ladies :) 9 weeks today I just want to get past 12 weeks suddenly I'm feeling nervous I assume that's natural. My brothers work colleague had a miscarriage and suddenly I've become paranoid I googled the risks at each week and it started saying 10 week was a critical week but I couldn't find why :-/. Last night I had a little speckle of blood nothing this morning so you can imagine I was thinking omg. Although the midwife said to expect spotting around a period due date but then I course I was irregular so.. Anyway I can see I'm rambling I laid awake last night for abit saying I wanted baby to stay put I must have sounded crazy... It doesn't help that I'm not feeling rubbish apart from tiredness and heavy boobs I haven't had any sickness my mum never had sickness in pregnancies but when people say sickness is a good sign of a healthy pregnancy it makes you paranoid .... I'm shushing now x

Hey Hun, I was exactly the same as u. I was so scared leading up to the 12 wk scan, u wish the days away n every day is a blessing. I'm 17 wk's tomorrow n feeling good now but the worry always stays at the back of ur mind until the little one arrives. they say spotting is quite common tho so try not to worry. I never had any sickness either, felt little sick some days but I was never actually sick. I was the same thinking sickness = things were looking good. But that's not the case. Xx

Girls, I know this has been mentioned before but just wanted to tell you all to get a White Noise app if you can. Cole loves it, it really settles him down. I've just put him in his chair and put it on for him and I've managed to get a wash out, put another in, wash up, make some bottles, sterilise some more, tidy the living room and take down all our congratulations cards and drink a hot cup of tea!!

Girls, I know this has been mentioned before but just wanted to tell you all to get a White Noise app if you can. Cole loves it, it really settles him down. I've just put him in his chair and put it on for him and I've managed to get a wash out, put another in, wash up, make some bottles, sterilise some more, tidy the living room and take down all our congratulations cards and drink a hot cup of tea!!

I'll second that, I got one when Cai first mentioned it. Seth loves it, we have one that does various sounds as well as white noise too which we use to give him a change. He's a particular fan of the aircraft cabin noise and the floor fan ;)

I'll second that, I got one when Cai first mentioned it. Seth loves it, we have one that does various sounds as well as white noise too which we use to give him a change. He's a particular fan of the aircraft cabin noise and the floor fan ;)

Mine has different sounds too but he settles best with the white noise one. I actually like some of the others, they're really relaxing ;-)

I'm at a loss how can I measure at 31 weeks last Monday but only 26 weeks today? Are midwives just measuring differently?

Yes I suspect they are. This was my point the other day. I think they all measure in different places. You can't have been 5cm bigger last Monday.
That's what I thought it makes no sense to me!

I might ask the next midwife that comes round to double check x

Last edited:

Attachments

• image-4179293730.jpg
    image-4179293730.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 34
Mine is actually called white noise / see pic x

That's the same one I have, it's fab! Colin has it too so we are never caught short :) xxx

Yep that's the one we've got too! It's brilliant x

Has anyone got a rough idea of how much they spent on baby essentials ? Any recommendations there seems to be a lot on lists that I don't think will be necessary. I had a nosey in mama and papas and I've freaked myself out in cost of stuff. I'm really hoping to take 12 months off work if it's financially viable we will try to save up nhs pay a good maternity package I think lol and il be working as much unsocial hours in the weeks 17-25 as that's what they base maternity pay on :) x

Has anyone got a rough idea of how much they spent on baby essentials ? Any recommendations there seems to be a lot on lists that I don't think will be necessary. I had a nosey in mama and papas and I've freaked myself out in cost of stuff. I'm really hoping to take 12 months off work if it's financially viable we will try to save up nhs pay a good maternity package I think lol and il be working as much unsocial hours in the weeks 17-25 as that's what they base maternity pay on :) x

For us we got our cot, changing table and rocking chair from Ikea, really happy with them all. Got our pram in the Mothercare sale so saved some there too.
From the baby shops Mamas and Papas seems the most expensive to me xx

We have been so lucky as most of our stuff has come from my sister and Pete's step brother including cot, pram, Moses basket and a ton of clothes!

The only things we have really bought is a baby bath, a bouncer, a gym, bath bits and a few clothes so far we have only spent around £200 so very lucky indeed :) xx

Don't over but clothes as tempting as it is - everyone buys u them!!

If we do it again we aren't getting a Moses basket as within 4 weeks it was too small - cribs are similar price but a touch bigger so would last longer :)

We bought and have never used:
Electronic bottle warmer
0-3month shoes (pull on but not easy like booties)
We had 3 Moses sheets but only used 2
We got a cot bedding set for £99 but only use the sheet and bumper. The other bits are untouched and we use a gro bag
Bouncy chair - we got a rocker which he preferred so only used the bouncy chair 3-4 times.

If u look on the asda website they have a baby event on and have good offers xxx

Back