Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Hi girls does anyone know how long it takes to receive gtt results? I had my test a week ago but haven't heard anything yet .. I'm assuming this means all is ok?

I didn't have one. They only test certain people in my area. Id give them a ring just to check and give you piece of mind x

Hi girls does anyone know how long it takes to receive gtt results? I had my test a week ago but haven't heard anything yet .. I'm assuming this means all is ok?

I got told if i hadn't heard in 24hrs then you're fine. I had to call for some other results so asked while the mw was checking those and she told me what my reading was so i am sure if you want to check you could call the hospital (i had to call the day assessment unit) and ask what your sugar levels were.

Girls quick question...
I haven't a clue about heartburn but can you get it WHILE you are eating? Over the last few days whenever i eat i get this odd burning/yucky taste at the back of my throat and it makes whatever i am eating taste different. I don't seem to be able to get rid of with a drink or eating something different...even drinking milk doesn't seem to work...i think it helps with the burning sensation but the taste is still there. Basically i'm wondering if this is HB or some other crazy pregnancy symptom that makes everything taste odd?

Girls quick question...
I haven't a clue about heartburn but can you get it WHILE you are eating? Over the last few days whenever i eat i get this odd burning/yucky taste at the back of my throat and it makes whatever i am eating taste different. I don't seem to be able to get rid of with a drink or eating something different...even drinking milk doesn't seem to work...i think it helps with the burning sensation but the taste is still there. Basically i'm wondering if this is HB or some other crazy pregnancy symptom that makes everything taste odd?

It does sound like HB.. And yes you can get it while eating.. I usually do if I don't stop eating when am satisfied.. Or if I have raw onions.. Milk usually gets rids of mine or at least calms it for a while...
Apparently its not recommended to drink for HB as it contains calories so your stomach has to make more acid to burn it off... But milk works for me so I'm sticking with it!! :)
Have you tried Gaviscon/Rennies??

I got told if i hadn't heard in 24hrs then you're fine. I had to call for some other results so asked while the mw was checking those and she told me what my reading was so i am sure if you want to check you could call the hospital (i had to call the day assessment unit) and ask what your sugar levels were.

Thanks Kim I see the midwife on Friday so I will double check.
Your symptoms sound like heartburn to me Hun .. Xx

It does sound like HB.. And yes you can get it while eating.. I usually do if I don't stop eating when am satisfied.. Or if I have raw onions.. Milk usually gets rids of mine or at least calms it for a while...
Apparently its not recommended to drink for HB as it contains calories so your stomach has to make more acid to burn it off... But milk works for me so I'm sticking with it!! :)
Have you tried Gaviscon/Rennies??

Thanks Kim I see the midwife on Friday so I will double check.
Your symptoms sound like heartburn to me Hun .. Xx

Ahh well maybe i'll try a drop of milk. I noticed it on Friday and have experienced it with every meal except breakfast (cereal with milk) so maybe Milk will help me. Going to try a drop now and see if it helps. If it does i'll start having a glass of milk with each meal.

Haven't tried rennies so might grab a packet and see if they work. Not sure i am keen on the idea of gaviscon.....it sounds gross, but if needs must i will give it a try.

I guess it doesn't help that baby has it's bottom and legs wedged up in my ribs so can't leave much space for food in my tummy!

Thanks girls! :)

It does sound like heartburn hun. I had it terribly from 16 weeks, ended up on tablets. Gaviscon liquid made me heave but the double action mint tablets were fine, they taste like polos.
I also found certain things set me off so you may want to take note of what you're eating and if it's worse/better. Tea, curry/spicy food, oily food (even cheese), chocolate all set me off, and citrus fruits and juice as well.
There is stuff you can have for it on prescription if you need it, just ask your dr xx

Thats one thing I definately don't miss is the heartburn. Drinking anything made it 100 times worse for me, even water. Spearmint rennies and tums worked for me (tums stopped working from around 30weeks though). Hope you find something to help make it better. x

Thanks girls, susie it seems to be anything I eat but I think tomatoes are a culprit and possibly onions. Although I had it bad with roast chicken last night. Having a glass of milk seems to have worked.

It doesn't help that I feel huge today and feel really full up with baby....im sure its sticking its bum out so my bump is really stretched! The little monkey!

Congrats ladies. Kerry WHERE have those 17 weeks gone??? ONG! How u feeling?

Hey, tell me about it, it's flown.feeling great actually. Not long for you now xx

Hey Kerry. God your 17 weeks flew past! Hey Pinknails, congrates and welcome. Frances how are you feeling today?

Hey Hun, yes it sure has. How's ur little one xx

Omeprazole is safe to use in pregnancy and will help heartburn you would have to see your dr. X

Hey, tell me about it, it's flown.feeling great actually. Not long for you now xx

Aww.. Delighted you're able to enjoy it.. Especially after waiting so long for it!!
Also glad the time is flying for you.. Getting to 20 weeks seemed to feel like it was dragging but not I can't believe I'm so close!!!

Seriously itchy boobs this past week.. Today they're prob at their worst.. Anyone else got this??
I lather myself in baby oil while still went before I get out of the shower n they still feel quite oily.. So I don't think its due to dry skin.. And its ONLY my boobs.. Stomach (altho stretching at a rapid pace) isn't itchy at all...

Seriously itchy boobs this past week.. Today they're prob at their worst.. Anyone else got this??
I lather myself in baby oil while still went before I get out of the shower n they still feel quite oily.. So I don't think its due to dry skin.. And its ONLY my boobs.. Stomach (altho stretching at a rapid pace) isn't itchy at all...

I do have moments where mine itch and i moisturise them so i don't think they are dry and they don't feel like they are stretching(got bigger to start with but haven't grown since)....so i assume it's just the changes going on inside?! I have noticed drops of colostrum recently so i guess it's probably your body gearing itself up for birth/breastfeeding.

I do have moments where mine itch and i moisturise them so i don't think they are dry and they don't feel like they are stretching(got bigger to start with but haven't grown since)....so i assume it's just the changes going on inside?! I have noticed drops of colostrum recently so i guess it's probably your body gearing itself up for birth/breastfeeding.
Yea mine are the same... They filled, rather than grew at the start but not changed in size in months...
I've been getting the leaking colostrum for a good while too.. So dunno if its that.. Maybe more coming in.. Or like you.. Just hormone changes going on getting ready for little ladies arrival...

Back