Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Nelly other than getting more n more period type cramping I feel no diff. But it was the teeniest amount that I "lost"
I'd def ring the hospital tho. Especially with the cramping...

On another note. Baby has been quite quiet the past 2 maybe 3 days. Still getting me 10 movements in 12 hours but she's been more quiet than. I wasn't concerned in the slightest.
VHI personal midwife just called (she calls every week now just to see if iv any questions n to explain what the week ahead should bring) She asked was baby moving as normal n I said well yea, she's moving but has been quieter than usual. But said I wasn't worried. But she wants me to go in n get a trace on baby just in case!!
Wasn't in the slightest bit worries before but kinda am now....

So I've rang the hospital n they say as long as in getting 10 movements in 12 hours they wouldn't b worried but if I am, go in! At a loss what to do. I wasn't worried at all til VHI rang. N now they're giving conflicting advice so I dunno what to do. I don't wana be laxy about but baby is still wriggling n turning. Just a little less than "her norm" Which isn't unusual for her. She has often had a quiet day n been perfectly fine the following day.
What to do.............

So I've rang the hospital n they say as long as in getting 10 movements in 12 hours they wouldn't b worried but if I am, go in! At a loss what to do. I wasn't worried at all til VHI rang. N now they're giving conflicting advice so I dunno what to do. I don't wana be laxy about but baby is still wriggling n turning. Just a little less than "her norm" Which isn't unusual for her. She has often had a quiet day n been perfectly fine the following day. What to do.............

Go with your motherly instincts. If you're not worried and it's not unusual behaviour then I wouldn't personally go, but if you're going to keep thinking about it and worry, then worth going to get checked just for peace of mind. Go with your heart Hun. X

If I were you hun I would go in to be checked. Locally we advise that the pattern of movements is more important than the number of movements (same as icy cold water isn't to be used). So if she has been quieter than usual, even if she has been moving a bit, I would get checked over.
It's not going to do any harm, and would you worry if you didn't go in....? It's likely all is well but better to be on the safe side xxxx. That's my two penny's worth anyway! X

Frances up here we were always told that if the pattern of movement changes in later pregnancy get it checked. Don't know if you remember that my baby started moving less in the last few weeks, she was still doing 10 movements its just that they were completely different and not at their usual time. I got checked, all was fine but they were happy I came in. If I were you I'd get checked even for peace of mind. xx

I don't know what to do I spent 2 nights in hospital after a bleed and reduced movement last weekend, all was fine and I was eventually sent home, and now Friday I had 3 50p size brown blood spots, Saturday I had 2 brown blood spots, and now today it's small spots of light red blood, I wasn't concerned while it was brown but now it's red I'm a little bit worried, baby is moving about loads, in fact probably more than normal, I've checked HB on doppler and I'm getting a good range of 120-150 bpm, I really don't want to bother the hospital again if it's nothing, has anyone else experienced this? X

I don't know what to do I spent 2 nights in hospital after a bleed and reduced movement last weekend, all was fine and I was eventually sent home, and now Friday I had 3 50p size brown blood spots, Saturday I had 2 brown blood spots, and now today it's small spots of light red blood, I wasn't concerned while it was brown but now it's red I'm a little bit worried, baby is moving about loads, in fact probably more than normal, I've checked HB on doppler and I'm getting a good range of 120-150 bpm, I really don't want to bother the hospital again if it's nothing, has anyone else experienced this? X

I had plenty of red bleeding in my last pregnancy and baby was absolutely fine. He was born at 36 weeks though and presented as being more premature than gestation (about 33 weeks). I got checked out everytime I had a bleed. Better to be safe. The hospital really don't mind and they'd prefer to see you if you have a bleed, if nothing else than just to document it and give you peace of mind. It does sound like baby is happy enough though so try not to worry. Lay down for a while and rest and see if it stops the bleeding xx

I had plenty of red bleeding in my last pregnancy and baby was absolutely fine. He was born at 36 weeks though and presented as being more premature than gestation (about 33 weeks). I got checked out everytime I had a bleed. Better to be safe. The hospital really don't mind and they'd prefer to see you if you have a bleed, if nothing else than just to document it and give you peace of mind. It does sound like baby is happy enough though so try not to worry. Lay down for a while and rest and see if it stops the bleeding xx

Thanks Mrs, with all the bleeds I've had so far I've gone into hospital and had them checked, I think I'll call them when I finish work and see what they say, they should have a copy of my notes on the computer at least, I think this baby just likes to keep me on my toes! X

Thanks Mrs, with all the bleeds I've had so far I've gone into hospital and had them checked, I think I'll call them when I finish work and see what they say, they should have a copy of my notes on the computer at least, I think this baby just likes to keep me on my toes! X

These babies do seem intent on keeping us busy lol. I'm sure all us fine xx

If you're worried I'd go get checked. That's what they're there for. Better to be on the safe side. Plus (don't wanna scare you) I wouldn't trust a Doppler to let you know bubs is ok, I personally think they're more for fun and you're better off letting doctors check you out. Xx

Morning girls... Only seeing messages now.
Baby went real active last night again. Back to normal. I didn't go in to the hospital coz tbh it's not unusual for it to b quiet after a busy day (had tonnes of movements rolls n kicks/punches on Thursday)
After I got off the phone to the hospital I was so confused about what to do so went n had a shower. After that lay on the bed for a while n baby woke up. Had a good old wriggle. Some pretty movements too. I've decided to keep an eye on it for now n if its quiet again today ill leav work n go in. As usually after a quiet few days, baby gets quite active...
It might seem I'm being too laxy but I'm really not worried. N I'm a born worrier...

Shenzi as there is blood I'd b straight to the hospital def to get checked... N as Sarah said I def wouldn't take comfort from ur Doppler. That can only tell u the hb is fine at that specific time. Can't tell u anything about waters r other potential problems. Not trying to scare u ( tho it sounds like I am!) Just with blood it wouldn't b worth the risk xxx

Thanks ladies, I normally wouldn't take any notice doppler it was just an observation, I'm going to call the hospital and see what they say as soon as I get home xx

Thanks ladies, I normally wouldn't take any notice doppler it was just an observation, I'm going to call the hospital and see what they say as soon as I get home xx

Good luck, im sure everything is fine but always best to get checked out. I too would if there is blood x

Yeah definitely phone and see what they say x

Glad baby perked up Frances, I had a quiet day with baby a few days ago, sure they do it to keep us on our toes! X

Yeah I would. I think being on the more cautious side is best. They may be able to get a better understanding why you keep having little bleeds too. It's good for them to record it all too. Good luck Hun. Thinking of you x

Good luck shenzi x I'm sure everything will be fine but best to get checked with anything like that xx

Big TMI post coming... be warned!

Ladies... I've woken up with wet knickers...It doesn't seem "discharge-y" wet (sorry TMI), it's much more watery than that. It's covered most of my knickers (the gusset bit at least anyway, and some of the front of them). I've had a feel (again, sorry!) and it's not really that sticky or anything like discharge might feel and also had a sniff (sorry!!!) and it doesn't smell like wee.... Could this be some of my waters do you think?!

No pains or anything this morning, just wet knickers! When I wiped the usual amount of discharge was coming out so I know it's not my plug, or extra discharge...well, I don't think so anyway? :\ xx

If its really wet and not smelling of pee I'd give the hospital a wee ring and get it checked out. Could be a little bit of your waters, could just be extra watery discharge to though, but sure no harm getting it checked...especially seen as you've been feeling odd lately. Is it sweet smelling?

I've phoned the hospital and the lady on the phone said to relax and see how it is in a few hours she didn't seem concerned at all xx

Yeah unless there is a good bit of blood and some pain I don't think they worry too much. Could be the weight of the baby on your cervix or just blood from the outer part of you cervix. Have a wee lay down for a while if you can xx

Jess as has been said if its your waters it will be sweet smelling...
A test they done on me to see if my waters were leaking as for me to go in to the toilet and cough a good deep cough.. If you have a wee testing pot at home, use that to catch anything if anything comes out.. Wee first so your bladder is empty when doing it.. If anything comes out, doesn't mean it IS your waters... But at least you'll have a sample and get it tested...
I've been waking up feeling quite wet down there the last week or so but not with my knickers actually visibly wet.. More damp?! But I've been sweating ALLOT at night time so am assuming for me its just sweat (How fricken minging is being pregnant??!! lol)
As always.. If you're concerned, ring the hospital :) xxx

Back