Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Hi Sarah, Sorry I'm not too sure re the cold thing but hopefully the others can help :) Hope Cole gets better soon xx

Ladies...any advice on how to pass the next few days/weeks?! I'm getting so impatient. I keep talking to baby and saying how much I want to meet her and then it makes me feel even more impatient because I ACTUALLY want to meet her lol I have a feeling the next 2 and a half - 4 and a half weeks are going to drraaaaaagg x

Hi Sarah, Sorry I'm not too sure re the cold thing but hopefully the others can help :) Hope Cole gets better soon xx

Ladies...any advice on how to pass the next few days/weeks?! I'm getting so impatient. I keep talking to baby and saying how much I want to meet her and then it makes me feel even more impatient because I ACTUALLY want to meet her lol I have a feeling the next 2 and a half - 4 and a half weeks are going to drraaaaaagg x

Oh hun I know the feeling!! I'm feeling like that now and I've still over 18 weeks to go :(
I don't want to wish the pregnancy away as I love having a bump and feeling him wriggle but with doing his nursery now and sorting Jacobs old baby clothes makes me want him here now!!

Do you have any hobbies? I used to cross stitch which helped lass time x

Oh hun I know the feeling!! I'm feeling like that now and I've still over 18 weeks to go :(
I don't want to wish the pregnancy away as I love having a bump and feeling him wriggle but with doing his nursery now and sorting Jacobs old baby clothes makes me want him here now!!

Do you have any hobbies? I used to cross stitch which helped lass time x

Aww bless you x I find that bit flies by...it's the last pesky couple of weeks lol :(

Hobbies?! Nope! Sleep?! ha ha I might just have to sleep the next few days/weeks xx

Aww bless you x I find that bit flies by...it's the last pesky couple of weeks lol :(

Hobbies?! Nope! Sleep?! ha ha I might just have to sleep the next few days/weeks xx

Yeah last time it went quite fast but mainly as we were busy... This time it's not :(

Haha yeah sleep until labour comes. That would be good for last few weeks lol! Xx

Girls with babies, or babies in the family.... I think Cole has a cold. He's been really grizzly last night and today. He's slept loads more today than usual and is only taking 2.5 oz bottles instead of 4 but every 2 hours instead of 3 like usual. I'm making sure he has regular feeds and is warm etc. He doesn't seem bothered by it that much but his nose sounds a bit bunged up. Anything I can do? I know not to give him medication but any tips to make it easier/less horrible for him?

Steam, Vicks on a cloth near him, tucked under a corner of his sleeping place. Vicks in a bowl of boiling water and put in the room. If the cold gets worse Go and see the doctor.

Talk to the chemist as there are various nose clearing solutions, like a nasal aspirator, or nose drops for babies that can be used ..

Hi Sarah, Sorry I'm not too sure re the cold thing but hopefully the others can help :) Hope Cole gets better soon xx Ladies...any advice on how to pass the next few days/weeks?! I'm getting so impatient. I keep talking to baby and saying how much I want to meet her and then it makes me feel even more impatient because I ACTUALLY want to meet her lol I have a feeling the next 2 and a half - 4 and a half weeks are going to drraaaaaagg x

Oh well you see I feel like the queen of passing the days until baby comes. I wrote a long list of jobs at the beginning with bf and then tried to do one or two each day. The list had things like wash baby clothes, clean house, buy food supplies in so that we well stocked store, research photo thank you cards for when baby here, research baby bank accounts, produce group contacts on phone so can text group once baby born with news, put music on phone for hospital, download white noise app...

Then I would try go for a walk each day to help baby move down so would try have a reason for my walk, so buy milk one day, buy lavender oil the next (milk and lavender in the bath is good for post stitches), go buy pineapple the next... Basically didn't do big food shops or if I did, id still get fruit and veg on a daily basis. Never bought too much because it is too heavy but one or two items at a time.

Then bouncing on ball whilst watching trashy tv or films. I've started reading again which I enjoy.

My days are far from thrilling but I've managed to be off since 13th December and I wouldn't say I'm bored. Frustrated that baby isn't here yet, but not bored!

Hi Sarah, Sorry I'm not too sure re the cold thing but hopefully the others can help :) Hope Cole gets better soon xx Ladies...any advice on how to pass the next few days/weeks?! I'm getting so impatient. I keep talking to baby and saying how much I want to meet her and then it makes me feel even more impatient because I ACTUALLY want to meet her lol I have a feeling the next 2 and a half - 4 and a half weeks are going to drraaaaaagg x

I know the feeling!! I'm using the due date thread, every time another one of you lovely ladies has a baby, I'm one baby closer to mine, (still slightly jealous sometimes though lol) I am extremely impatient, I always want things now rather than later, but I keep having to reminding myself it can't happen like that with a baby, I will just have to wait until she is ready ;) xx

Ahh penny, sounds like things are starting! Good luck! Keep us all posted!

Jess try to relax and do nice things. Sounds silly but you will miss them once she is here. It's amazing once they are here but life is nowhere near as simple! I used to relax and sew as Jess said, clean (now and again when the mood took me) and read which I found relaxed me. It was really sunny during the last weeks I was pregnant so went out and about quite a lot, with hubby when he was around, and had tea and cake quite a bit! :) I also slept a lot....caught up during the day what I missed at night!
Xx

Thanks for all the advice ladies, I'll give your suggestions a go. I don't think it's too bad, he can still breathe through his nose although he does sound a bit Darth Vader-ish. Will just keep an eye on him. Hate seeing him like this, he's usually really placid and happy so for him to be grumpy is a new one!!

Thanks for all the advice ladies, I'll give your suggestions a go. I don't think it's too bad, he can still breathe through his nose although he does sound a bit Darth Vader-ish. Will just keep an eye on him. Hate seeing him like this, he's usually really placid and happy so for him to be grumpy is a new one!!

How old is he now hun? Could it be a growth spurt as well as a cold? We found baby olbas oil quite useful but I know others have found snufflebabe to be good (like baby Vicks) xx

Aww x So far I'm making sure I'm prepared every day/night just in case lol During the day I'll catch up on laundry, keep everything tidy, keep checking and adding things to hospital bag lol ;) x all of baby's clothes etc are washed, ironed and put away so I don't have that to do anymore. Everything baby-wise is sorted...I have my "special" baths every night (lights off, candles lit, bubbles and tree-hugger/spa music on) to relax. The weather is crap - raining constantly - so don't feel like venturing out much - plus I have nowhere to walk to ha ha x I think this is why I'm eating loads - because I'm bored!!

I've recently ordered and sorted through 407 photos, and that's all done now ha ha. They are either put into frames around the house, or put into a big photo album. I'm DYING to change my living room around but have definitely been told off on facebook (;)) for even thinking of moving furniture lol :D

Everything is kind of...up to date...or done lol Hurry up babyyyyy xx

How old is he now hun? Could it be a growth spurt as well as a cold? We found baby olbas oil quite useful but I know others have found snufflebabe to be good (like baby Vicks) xx

He was four weeks yesterday. He could be having a growth spurt too, he's been really tired today, I've got some snufflebabe but wasn't sure when I could use it. I've got normal Olbas oil, didn't know there is a baby version. Xx

He was four weeks yesterday. He could be having a growth spurt too, he's been really tired today, I've got some snufflebabe but wasn't sure when I could use it. I've got normal Olbas oil, didn't know there is a baby version. Xx

Don't put the snufflebabe directly on his skin Sarah, maybe put a little on the front of his sleep suit. Nasal drops are good too, just a saline salution. Ellen is a little snuffly now too, but the rest of us have a cold so it was only a matter of time. I just hope she doesn't get it too bad. Maybe keep his bed a little tilted too so his head is a bit higher and he isn't flat x

Don't put the snufflebabe directly on his skin Sarah, maybe put a little on the front of his sleep suit. Nasal drops are good too, just a saline salution. Ellen is a little snuffly now too, but the rest of us have a cold so it was only a matter of time. I just hope she doesn't get it too bad. Maybe keep his bed a little tilted too so his head is a bit higher and he isn't flat x

We've tilted his bed so hopefully that'll help. I think he's caught it from my nephew. Zac started with it yesterday and we were with him on Monday and he kept kissing Cole. Gonna go get some of the saline stuff tomorrow if he's still the same x

Was gona say its prob a growth spurt too. We got some baby drops that u put onto a piece of material n onto the rad do its thru the air. Same as the baby olbas n can b used from newborn (not that I'd b keen to use anything from day 1!) Will post a pic later when am up :)

Jess that's the very reason I wana keep working... It at least keeps my days occupied n it's just evening I need to worry about. But by them am shattered so sleep is coming earlier....:)

So had a rubbish night last night n feel pants. My headache of yesterday seems to have been the start of a migraine... Which is now in full flow n has had me up vomiting since 3am :(
Got back to sleep about 4:50 n alarms hav just woke me... Def not going to work (wasn't planning on doing anyway) Going to Aldi first thing (for the baby event!!) then home to bed til it's time to get up for my hospital appointment

Was gona say its prob a growth spurt too. We got some baby drops that u put onto a piece of material n onto the rad do its thru the air. Same as the baby olbas n can b used from newborn (not that I'd b keen to use anything from day 1!) Will post a pic later when am up :)

Jess that's the very reason I wana keep working... It at least keeps my days occupied n it's just evening I need to worry about. But by them am shattered so sleep is coming earlier....:)

So had a rubbish night last night n feel pants. My headache of yesterday seems to have been the start of a migraine... Which is now in full flow n has had me up vomiting since 3am :(
Got back to sleep about 4:50 n alarms hav just woke me... Def not going to work (wasn't planning on doing anyway) Going to Aldi first thing (for the baby event!!) then home to bed til it's time to get up for my hospital appointment

Oh no sorry to hear you had such a bad night :( , definitely the right decision to not go to work and rest today! Do you think our bodies are prehaps rebelling against our decision to work until 38 weeks?! Only 7 days to go!!! We can do it (even if there are a couple of sick days in there too!)!!!

Oh no sorry to hear you had such a bad night :( , definitely the right decision to not go to work and rest today! Do you think our bodies are prehaps rebelling against our decision to work until 38 weeks?! Only 7 days to go!!! We can do it (even if there are a couple of sick days in there too!)!!!
Ha ha ha ha... They probably are Kim.. Telling us to stop now!!!!

Sarah you can use calpol soothe and care saline drops suitable from birth it helped me when I had my stuffy nose. I got mine from asda chemist. Hope cole feels better soon x

Sarah you can use calpol soothe and care saline drops suitable from birth it helped me when I had my stuffy nose. I got mine from asda chemist. Hope cole feels better soon x

I didn't realise there was a calpol they could have so young, I'll have a look. Thank you.
He seems a bit better today. He's still making the horrible 'snotty' noises but went his usual 3.5 hours between bottles in the night. Just hoping it doesn't get worse x

Help ladies.

Stevie's hasn't had a poo since Monday!!

On Monday he did 3 in 5mins cos he hadn't had one since the Friday! (A week ago today) his Friday one was his first explosive nappy cos he hadn't done one on Thursday!! - that's as far back as his bowl movements were noticeable!

I went to the HV on Wednesday to discuss his new milk and mentioned this and she didn't seem concerned. Now I am! On Monday after an empty weekend were 3 huge ones....what has he stored up for me (or my mum again!) now?! And if he doesn't go today I don't want to take him out tomorrow in case he explodes all over a shop!!! Lol.

Should I ring the doctor or the HV back? Xx

Back