Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Help ladies.

Stevie's hasn't had a poo since Monday!!

On Monday he did 3 in 5mins cos he hadn't had one since the Friday! (A week ago today) his Friday one was his first explosive nappy cos he hadn't done one on Thursday!! - that's as far back as his bowl movements were noticeable!

I went to the HV on Wednesday to discuss his new milk and mentioned this and she didn't seem concerned. Now I am! On Monday after an empty weekend were 3 huge ones....what has he stored up for me (or my mum again!) now?! And if he doesn't go today I don't want to take him out tomorrow in case he explodes all over a shop!!! Lol.

Should I ring the doctor or the HV back? Xx

I'd give your gp a call.... it could be the change of milk causing it but certainly 5 days is a long time so gp may want to give you something to help him go. Is poor little Stevie in pain with it? You could try circling his legs (in a riding a bike motion) as rubbing his tummy... sometimes that can encourage them to go. Poor thing hope he goes soon for you xx

Also a trick my friend was told (cant recall who by though so you may want to check) is to make up a feed with less powder to milk ratio so its effectively upping the fluid content. As I said I can't recall if it was a dr or family member who told her this though xxx

Also a trick my friend was told (cant recall who by though so you may want to check) is to make up a feed with less powder to milk ratio so its effectively upping the fluid content. As I said I can't recall if it was a dr or family member who told her this though xxx

That's not generally advised hun as it reduces the calorie amount of the milk they have so their overall intake is less.
If it was a dr I would question them closely before doing it! X

I agree with the others cai, maybe a trip to the drs? They might be able to give you something that can make him more regular. How's he doing otherwise? Are your nights better? Xx

Aching back today... Don't like... Got a constant ache in the middle of my lower back :( Seriously... Migraine n vomiting yesterday... Back ache today.. If I was a horse they'd put me down!!!

Could be a sign of things moving hun x vomiting can be a sign of early labour and same with back ache...not to scare you or anything ;) just to keep an eye on it xxx

Could be a sign of things moving hun x vomiting can be a sign of early labour and same with back ache...not to scare you or anything ;) just to keep an eye on it xxx

Ha.. Not scared at all at the thought of going into labour while AT WORK!!!!!!!!! LOL

Ha.. Not scared at all at the thought of going into labour while AT WORK!!!!!!!!! LOL

Should tell the men that your back ache etc are signs of early labour, see how much they avoid you then!! ;)

Should tell the men that your back ache etc are signs of early labour, see how much they avoid you then!! ;)
Ha ha.. Can you imagine?! They'd all suddenly have investigations/hearings to attend... LOL

Well ladies I was all set to ring the Drs for an afternoon appointment when my mum text to say he had been...then an hour later she text to say he had done 3 more!! So 4 poos today!! My poor baby! She said although he was fussy before doing them he didn't cry...was just a bit unsettled.
They aren't hard for him to pass, she said there was no 'plug' and it was all toothpaste like...he just keeps storing it! Lol. He has since then wanted to sleep a lot but after a 2.5 hr nap over dinner time I'm trying to keep him awake before he can have a little nap before daddy gets home.

Will speak to the HV about it in Thursday again tho.

Oh and I was told when Stevie was ill to make weaker formula to get liquids in!! Tried cooled boiled water, tummy rubs, foot rubs and the leg trick ...nothing really work!!

Thanks to u all for the advice xxx

Well ladies I was all set to ring the Drs for an afternoon appointment when my mum text to say he had been...then an hour later she text to say he had done 3 more!! So 4 poos today!! My poor baby! She said although he was fussy before doing them he didn't cry...was just a bit unsettled.
They aren't hard for him to pass, she said there was no 'plug' and it was all toothpaste like...he just keeps storing it! Lol. He has since then wanted to sleep a lot but after a 2.5 hr nap over dinner time I'm trying to keep him awake before he can have a little nap before daddy gets home.

Will speak to the HV about it in Thursday again tho.

Oh and I was told when Stevie was ill to make weaker formula to get liquids in!! Tried cooled boiled water, tummy rubs, foot rubs and the leg trick ...nothing really work!!

Thanks to u all for the advice xxx

Aww bless him, glad he went! Interesting re the formula-as long as it worked I guess! And I suppose it's not for long term. Hope you have a good weekend - with no explosive pooh! X

From what I've read you're fine to use a hot water bottle, I have one on my back just now as it's really sore :-(

From what I've read you're fine to use a hot water bottle, I have one on my back just now as it's really sore :-(

Will ask today while I'm at the hospital. Am nearly sure it's just ur tummy ur not allowed it. Bit just to b sure.
I know mw said during labour it's ok to use on ur back.... But dunno about generally...

Will ask today while I'm at the hospital. Am nearly sure it's just ur tummy ur not allowed it. Bit just to b sure.
I know mw said during labour it's ok to use on ur back.... But dunno about generally...

I've been advised to use hot water bottle on my back the last few days. I think as long as its not on your tummy your fine. Hope it goes away soon, I'm really struggling with my back this morning too x

Xxxxx

Attachments

• image-1256952787.jpg
    image-1256952787.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 71
Ok this is really weird but I can feel a baby inside me kicking etc , I've seen my baby on an ultrasound, I've listened to her heartbeat nearly every day, I love her more than life itself already, but I just cannot imagine us with a baby at the end of all this, I can't imagine going into labour, giving birth, holding her, looking at her for the first time, I tried to explain to Pete last night but e just didn't understand what I was saying, am I only one that's felt/feels like this? X

Ok this is really weird but I can feel a baby inside me kicking etc , I've seen my baby on an ultrasound, I've listened to her heartbeat nearly every day, I love her more than life itself already, but I just cannot imagine us with a baby at the end of all this, I can't imagine going into labour, giving birth, holding her, looking at her for the first time, I tried to explain to Pete last night but e just didn't understand what I was saying, am I only one that's felt/feels like this? X

Nope, I felt like that all the time. Even now when I look at Cole I can't believe I grew him, that it was him that was kicking me in the ribs and hiccuping. Pregnancy is amazing but I think it's also slightly weird ;)
I don't think you can imagine that moment when you meet them. It's nothing like I thought it would be, it's a million times better (cheesy, I know!). And it feels like that every time you look at them. I don't think men really think about it until ten baby is thrust into their arms whereas we are with baby 24/7 when pregnant (obviously, lol) so we think about things more.
You're definitely not alone in feeling like that Hun, I bet most of the girls on here feel the same at times xxx

Back