Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Just wondered for those that are planning on or are breastfeeding what did you buy before? I have got a couple of nursing bras. But I dont know whether to buy some nursing tops and the electric pump now or wait until after and see if I get on ok? What did you do?

I I bought the pump before but kind of wish I had hired one instead because I struggle to express so rarely use it.

I bought nursing tops once I knew I was continuing to bf. H&m have some good nursing strappy tops and then I wear normal top over it. X

I'm feeling miserable :( now pretty sure I have a vaginal prolapse, have felt weird since the birth (like my pelvic floor are collapsing) and then a couple of days ago was walking home and something felt like it was falling out, I can barely manage to do 1 pelvic floor exercise and my bladder is seriously weak (like it was a few days after birth) I felt like things were getting better, feels like 1 step forward and 2 steps back...

Anyone else experienced anything like this?

I'm feeling miserable :( now pretty sure I have a vaginal prolapse, have felt weird since the birth (like my pelvic floor are collapsing) and then a couple of days ago was walking home and something felt like it was falling out, I can barely manage to do 1 pelvic floor exercise and my bladder is seriously weak (like it was a few days after birth) I felt like things were getting better, feels like 1 step forward and 2 steps back... Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Oh no Hun, I'm sorry you're feeling miserable. When is your 6 week postnatal check? Must be soon. Mine is next week and I'm going to ask for the dr to check down there because I'm not convinced everything is quite right. X

Have you made an appointment to go and get checked out? If it is a prolapse there is plenty that can be done and the sooner the better. Sorry its not happened to me....yet so can't really help any further but do go and see your GP xx

Oh no Hun, I'm sorry you're feeling miserable. When is your 6 week postnatal check? Must be soon. Mine is next week and I'm going to ask for the dr to check down there because I'm not convinced everything is quite right. X

Have you made an appointment to go and get checked out? If it is a prolapse there is plenty that can be done and the sooner the better. Sorry its not happened to me....yet so can't really help any further but do go and see your GP xx

I have my 6 week check early next week, I kept saying to the midwifes and HV at the beginning that things didn't feel right and they said normal after childbirth and to do pelvic floor.. It had got better until the other day when I felt something drop lower down again :/ I think I've got a virus as really under the weather and don't know of this could be making things worse??

Just wondered for those that are planning on or are breastfeeding what did you buy before? I have got a couple of nursing bras. But I dont know whether to buy some nursing tops and the electric pump now or wait until after and see if I get on ok? What did you do?

All I bought beforehand was the bras - since I had Seth I've bought a feeding pillow and a pump. I haven't bothered with nursing tops, I get on ok with just wearing baggy tshirts and tops. I also repurposed my bump bands to cover me up a bit under my tshirts! I wish I'd bought the feeding pillow earlier tbh - it's amazing and so useful! Would have been nice for getting comfy in late pregnancy so I would definitely recommend. With the pump I'm like Penny and find expressing really hard. I have a hand pump though and tbh wish I'd saved up for a electric pump. Definitely spend as much as you can on a decent one, you can always sell it on if you end up not using it. x

I bought 2 cheap sleep nursing bras from boobie milk website before I had her as they were only £10 each; I didn't want to spend too much in case it didn't work out. I still sleep in them now. After a couple of months I bought some proper ones but it took me a while to get some I felt were really
Comfy and got them from John Lewis and they are fab. So comfy.
Also got a nursing top off mamas and papas website, the only one I've got - was £8 in the sale, black and flattering!! Worth a look. Don't have anything else bf friendly. Didn't want to spend the money!

My 5.5 week baby has a blocked up nose and struggling to lie down and sleep, due to it. I've raised his Moses basket one end, using nasal saline spray, even put a saucepan of boiling water on the floor near him but nothing seems to help. Any ideas? I've currently got him lying on me and he is snorting away :(

Aww... Can't really help but wanted to say I hope he's better soon poor little man xxx

My 5.5 week baby has a blocked up nose and struggling to lie down and sleep, due to it. I've raised his Moses basket one end, using nasal saline spray, even put a saucepan of boiling water on the floor near him but nothing seems to help. Any ideas? I've currently got him lying on me and he is snorting away :(

How about snuffle baby? Like a baby Vicks? Don't know what age from mind you. Or we've used baby olbas oil which worked well for us. I think it says from 3 months but you could put it in some hot water? I think calpol do plug ins as well, like a vaporiser thing. When Abbie had a bad cold a few months ago, I asked about karvol but they said try were out of stock, you could ask again though. Hope he gets better soon. And you're feeling better too xx

How about snuffle baby? Like a baby Vicks? Don't know what age from mind you. Or we've used baby olbas oil which worked well for us. I think it says from 3 months but you could put it in some hot water? I think calpol do plug ins as well, like a vaporiser thing. When Abbie had a bad cold a few months ago, I asked about karvol but they said try were out of stock, you could ask again though. Hope he gets better soon. And you're feeling better too xx

I think that snuffle babe and the calpol thing are all from 3m plus but a few people suggested to me putting snuffle babe on a tissue near the Moses but not too close to Cole so he can breathe it in but it's not on him/touching him. Unfortunately when he had a cold the only suggestions I got were saline spray and raising the head of the Moses which helped slightly. Other than that I just let him sleep wherever he wanted so he could sleep it off x

I think that snuffle babe and the calpol thing are all from 3m plus but a few people suggested to me putting snuffle babe on a tissue near the Moses but not too close to Cole so he can breathe it in but it's not on him/touching him. Unfortunately when he had a cold the only suggestions I got were saline spray and raising the head of the Moses which helped slightly. Other than that I just let him sleep wherever he wanted so he could sleep it off x

Thanks ladies. Feel so sorry for him. Doesn't help that I've hardly slept either. He also has bad rash on his face. Think it's reaction to e45 that the HV told us to use. Tempted to take him to the dr but maybe that's overkill. I'm just worried about his breathing because I have asthma and he sounds like he is gasping at times.

Will check out sniffle baby and put it near him to help unblock his nose hopefully.

Thanks girls x

Thanks ladies. Feel so sorry for him. Doesn't help that I've hardly slept either. He also has bad rash on his face. Think it's reaction to e45 that the HV told us to use. Tempted to take him to the dr but maybe that's overkill. I'm just worried about his breathing because I have asthma and he sounds like he is gasping at times. Will check out sniffle baby and put it near him to help unblock his nose hopefully. Thanks girls x

If your worried it's better you go to the doctor.. It may be nothing but at least you have checked it out.

Putting a bit of Vicks on a muslin and putting under the mattress of the basket might help, or add Vicks to the water in the pot..

I also used the plugins - seemed to help.

If your worried it's better you go to the doctor.. It may be nothing but at least you have checked it out. Putting a bit of Vicks on a muslin and putting under the mattress of the basket might help, or add Vicks to the water in the pot.. I also used the plugins - seemed to help.

Thanks. I have a dr appointment at 11.20 for him.

If your worried it's better you go to the doctor.. It may be nothing but at least you have checked it out.

Putting a bit of Vicks on a muslin and putting under the mattress of the basket might help, or add Vicks to the water in the pot..

I also used the plugins - seemed to help.

I'm sure they won't mind, he's a tiny baby, if you're not happy, take him
Xx

Good luck for the doctors, I hope he starts to feel better xx

Hope you get on ok at docs, poor little Oliver x

Hope everything goes ok at the docs and that Oliver feels better soon xx

I'm sure they won't mind, he's a tiny baby, if you're not happy, take him Xx
Good luck for the doctors, I hope he starts to feel better xx
Hope you get on ok at docs, poor little Oliver x

Thanks ladies. I just want to make sure he is ok. The gasping for air worries me but it probably sounds worse than it is.

Trying to express so that I can feed him it because he is struggling with bf due to my boob pressing against his already blocked nose!

Back