Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Hi ladies, Well they will make there decision tomorrow on whether I will require a section for various reasons, or whether they will leave me and let me give birth naturally, If they say all is ok and you can go naturally, I'm not ready, I don't know what's coming, I've had no Braxton hicks nothing to prepare my body or mind for half the pain that's coming and I'm scared, I know I shouldn't complain as I've had a relatively easy pregnancy I just hope labour is the same but I highly doubt it, I am sh!tting myself!! Excuse the language!

I hope all goes well today hun, whatever is decided I know you'll do fine and you'll probably feel much happier just for knowing that there's a plan in place now. Hugs from me and Seth xxx

Hoping to go to an Aqua Bump class tonight (providing my maternity swimsuit still fits lol!), anyone else ever attend one and what can I expect?
Been told swimming is great during pregnancy as you don't feel pregnant! Lol could do with some of that ;)

Shenzi I can't offer any advise but wanted to say good luck for tomorrow. Trust in your body and the professionals and all will be fine. Jess don't you dare think you let anybody down, nobody has the right to make you feel like that. You did an amazing job bought your beautiful girl into the world safely so tell them all to F off!! My problem today is that my consultant wants to induce me next week as my liver is struggling and there is an increases risk of having a still birth. I of course want my baby here safely and I would no nothing to risk that but I feel that my body has let me down I wanted the "typical" labour waters going at home calling the husband timing contractions etc. I'm anxious as to how I will cope with an induction I know some of you had a horrendous time. I'm even stressed that Luke will waste his paternity leave sitting waiting with me and then won't have much time afterwards :( I just feel so overwhelmed and sad. I've to go into the hospital every other day now so at any time they can say enough babies got to come now. I'm just not ready!! Xxx

I was a bit odd as I actually didn't want the experience of going into labour one own! I was actually really happy to be induced. So when my waters partially broke at home two days before my planned induction I was in a right state! All it meant in the end was that my induction was brought forward by a day as I didn't progress naturally but I suppose what I'm trying to say is that any uncertainty is hard to deal with. Even if you have a plan in place it can change at any second.

I didn't feel ready either but although my induced labour wasn't brilliant and didn't go anything like how I'd thought it would we did ok in the end and I have a healthy little dude to show for it. It all goes so quickly you don't really have time to worry once you're in established labour - you just go with it. It's the getting there that takes the time, it wasn't too bad for us as I was on the clock anyway as my waters had partially gone and they wouldn't allow me more than one pessary but I know a few of the other ladies have had long waits to get to labour ward. Maybe see if you OH can wait to start paternity leave until there's some progress with your induction and you're closer to established labour? Would mean you being on your own in hospital for a bit but he'd probably have to go home at night anyway and there's a chance he'd be called in at any time. Plus he'd be well rested then for when you need him during labour.

I hope you get to keep baby in for as long as possible though and that all goes well for you xxx

Hoping to go to an Aqua Bump class tonight (providing my maternity swimsuit still fits lol!), anyone else ever attend one and what can I expect? Been told swimming is great during pregnancy as you don't feel pregnant! Lol could do with some of that ;)

Am I right in thinking you have SPD? If so let the instructor know. It's very easy to over stretch in water as it takes the pain away but means that it bloody hurts even more when you get out of the water! I had to stop swimming at about 28 weeks as my hips were agony afterwards. I'd say give it a go!

Also if your swimsuit doesn't fit you can get a really nice maternity one for £10 from sports direct ;) xxx

Am I right in thinking you have SPD? If so let the instructor know. It's very easy to over stretch in water as it takes the pain away but means that it bloody hurts even more when you get out of the water! I had to stop swimming at about 28 weeks as my hips were agony afterwards. I'd say give it a go!

Also if your swimsuit doesn't fit you can get a really nice maternity one for £10 from sports direct ;) xxx
Yeh I have, nowhere near the severity of what you had tho!
Yeh I'm gonna try it at least, I can pay per session so I don't have to commit as such.
Thanks for the tip- I can't believe I paid £24 for one from Mothercare! I've only worn it once so hoping it still fits! X

After all that worrying yesterday I've been booked in for a section next Friday :O :D

After all that worrying yesterday I've been booked in for a section next Friday :O :D

Ooh yay!! Not long to go now then :) x

Ooh wow! Not long now Emma, you'll be great! Having an elective section is supposed to be much nicer than an emergency section so I'm sure it'll go fine for you. I bet you feel better for having it arranged, I know I felt a million times better for having my induction booked and knowing there was a plan. My only advice with a section is take lots of big knickers and nice comfy loose clothes, I found anything that pressed my scar to be a bit sore. Your milk can come in late with a section too (I know you want to bf if possible), no one told me that and I got panicked about it so just passing that on so it's one less thing to worry about. xxx

Yep, all this!!!

Most of them go in already in labour. Plus you don't actually see how long they are in for. If they had filmed me they'd have run out of tape, 6 days would have to be heavily edited to fit into about 10 minutes!!!

I agree re speaking to your mum. We all know she'll tell you it like it really was (and is probably on the verge of clonking John on the nose!!) xxx

All this and just when I thought John had really stepped up to the plate *sigh*

The midwife that was on duty when we arrived tried to explain to Jess about her options and that she thought she was coping really well. She wasn't trying to talk her out of an epidural but explaining that it was fairly early on and would probably prolong things. At least that is what I think she was trying to do.

A couple of times John and I went out for some air and he said that he thought she should have put up with the pain a bit longer but then that is so easy to say when its not your body going through hours of pain. 48 hours of pain with no food and no sleep really didn't help Jess and by the time it started to really kick off she was just so tired and rightly so. Obviously there was the trade off with it taking longer and being wired up and not feeling the pain and I thought I explained that to him - I seem to have failed. I also said that if he could imagine trying to sh*t a football, that would come close to how it feels to give birth.

You don't get handed a gold watch for enduring pain and I think anyone who accepts anything that is on offer should take it if they need it. I certainly did. I hope that I got the message across to you Jess that you have nothing to feel bad about at all. You (like all Mums) have achieved a wonderful thing and you and John should be very proud of you. I can't believe that he could make you feel so rubbish about something he knows nothing about. He should be down on his knees paying homage to you and what you achieved. He is nothing more than a silly boy, sometimes I can't believe that he will be 30 in a couple of months. He is immature beyond belief sometimes.

I won't say anything to him because I always end up the bad guy but you should feel nothing but pride in yourself and your gorgeous baby girl.

Love you lots xxx

All this and just when I thought John had really stepped up to the plate *sigh* The midwife that was on duty when we arrived tried to explain to Jess about her options and that she thought she was coping really well. She wasn't trying to talk her out of an epidural but explaining that it was fairly early on and would probably prolong things. At least that is what I think she was trying to do. A couple of times John and I went out for some air and he said that he thought she should have put up with the pain a bit longer but then that is so easy to say when its not your body going through hours of pain. 48 hours of pain with no food and no sleep really didn't help Jess and by the time it started to really kick off she was just so tired and rightly so. Obviously there was the trade off with it taking longer and being wired up and not feeling the pain and I thought I explained that to him - I seem to have failed. I also said that if he could imagine trying to sh*t a football, that would come close to how it feels to give birth. You don't get handed a gold watch for enduring pain and I think anyone who accepts anything that is on offer should take it if they need it. I certainly did. I hope that I got the message across to you Jess that you have nothing to feel bad about at all. You (like all Mums) have achieved a wonderful thing and you and John should be very proud of you. I can't believe that he could make you feel so rubbish about something he knows nothing about. He should be down on his knees paying homage to you and what you achieved. He is nothing more than a silly boy, sometimes I can't believe that he will be 30 in a couple of months. He is immature beyond belief sometimes. I won't say anything to him because I always end up the bad guy but you should feel nothing but pride in yourself and your gorgeous baby girl. Love you lots xxx

Perfect!!! Jess is so lucky to have a mum like you. And, by the sounds if it, very very lucky to have you with her when Amelia was born. X

All this and just when I thought John had really stepped up to the plate *sigh* The midwife that was on duty when we arrived tried to explain to Jess about her options and that she thought she was coping really well. She wasn't trying to talk her out of an epidural but explaining that it was fairly early on and would probably prolong things. At least that is what I think she was trying to do. A couple of times John and I went out for some air and he said that he thought she should have put up with the pain a bit longer but then that is so easy to say when its not your body going through hours of pain. 48 hours of pain with no food and no sleep really didn't help Jess and by the time it started to really kick off she was just so tired and rightly so. Obviously there was the trade off with it taking longer and being wired up and not feeling the pain and I thought I explained that to him - I seem to have failed. I also said that if he could imagine trying to sh*t a football, that would come close to how it feels to give birth. You don't get handed a gold watch for enduring pain and I think anyone who accepts anything that is on offer should take it if they need it. I certainly did. I hope that I got the message across to you Jess that you have nothing to feel bad about at all. You (like all Mums) have achieved a wonderful thing and you and John should be very proud of you. I can't believe that he could make you feel so rubbish about something he knows nothing about. He should be down on his knees paying homage to you and what you achieved. He is nothing more than a silly boy, sometimes I can't believe that he will be 30 in a couple of months. He is immature beyond belief sometimes. I won't say anything to him because I always end up the bad guy but you should feel nothing but pride in yourself and your gorgeous baby girl. Love you lots xxx

See I knew you'd have something wise to say. Listen to your mum Jess, she knows the score! xxx

Thanks girls. It makes me so mad. If men had to endure a fraction of the pain of labour they would all be doing their "dying duck in a thunderstorm" act. How dare any man feel qualified to comment and pass judgement. Giving birth is bloody hard and it hurts. Boot in the cahoonies would perhaps give him some idea and whoever suggested it is spot on. Bagsy I do the first booting of bo££ocks :)

Listen to your mum Jess she's a smart woman! Xx

Thank you everyone x I really really appreciate everything you've all said xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chelsealou... I LOVE ur description of it. Spot bloody on!!! Ha ha ha
Jess I also meant to come back on last night n mention the way I worded my comment was with good intention n it's the "Irish" way
Just in case uv thought "cheeky b2tch" x

Just to add Jess - I think under the circumstances you did an amazing job and I for one will not feel guilty about accepting all the pain relief I need to get my baby out safely! So do not feel guilty at all you brought your little girl into the world safely and that is all that matters.. Everything else is relevant.
I say this because my step-sister had a pretty traumatic birth , she really struggled with the pushing and ended up having the suction cup on baby's head.. Afterwards she had to be taken off to theatre because she had torn so badly and after all the pain and struggle she went through her OH then had the nerve to say to her ' what have you done, you could have killed our baby why didn't you try harder!?' Honestly when I heard this I was SO angry. .. For him to make her feel so guilty and inadequate just because she struggled with the pushing to me is just completely unacceptable and quite frankly infuriating. These men needed to think before they open their mouths!!
Anyway sorry to babble .. Just wanted to let you know that you did a fab job and sometimes men are just up thoughtful and insensitive.
Hope you and Amelia are both doing well
Xxxx

Hope you're ok Jess, you did amazing and he was out of order. Can't add anything that everyone's not already said!

If anyone's little one has baby acne try some breastmilk, Thomas had it quite bad and it's cleared up so much in the last few days.

Back