Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Just to add Jess - I think under the circumstances you did an amazing job and I for one will not feel guilty about accepting all the pain relief I need to get my baby out safely! So do not feel guilty at all you brought your little girl into the world safely and that is all that matters.. Everything else is relevant. I say this because my step-sister had a pretty traumatic birth , she really struggled with the pushing and ended up having the suction cup on baby's head.. Afterwards she had to be taken off to theatre because she had torn so badly and after all the pain and struggle she went through her OH then had the nerve to say to her ' what have you done, you could have killed our baby why didn't you try harder!?' Honestly when I heard this I was SO angry. .. For him to make her feel so guilty and inadequate just because she struggled with the pushing to me is just completely unacceptable and quite frankly infuriating. These men needed to think before they open their mouths!! Anyway sorry to babble .. Just wanted to let you know that you did a fab job and sometimes men are just up thoughtful and insensitive. Hope you and Amelia are both doing well Xxxx

God, that's appalling! I can't believe any man would say that to the mother of his child, just awful!

I felt disappointment that I couldn't deliver my son naturally but that was all me, nothing that anyone had put on me. If my husband had said he was disappointed after a day of labour, emergency c section, blood loss and the rest of if I'd have been considering my options to be frank! Some men are wonderful, some need their heads seeing to, yet again I'm reminded how bloody lucky I am to have one of the former. xxx

OMG SammieLouise.. Thats actually blood boiling!!!

And OMG LOOK at your profile pic of little Thomas... TOO FECKING CUTE!!!

Ladies, how long after giving birth did you get your period??? Kinda feeling like mine's about to start... 4 weeks post birth a bit early???

OMG SammieLouise.. Thats actually blood boiling!!! And OMG LOOK at your profile pic of little Thomas... TOO FECKING CUTE!!! Ladies, how long after giving birth did you get your period??? Kinda feeling like mine's about to start... 4 weeks post birth a bit early???

I've still not had one but that's nothing new for me. I bled for a good few days after my coil was fitted but that's it. I'm not the right person to comment really seeing as I have one a year, if that.

OMG SammieLouise.. Thats actually blood boiling!!! And OMG LOOK at your profile pic of little Thomas... TOO FECKING CUTE!!! Ladies, how long after giving birth did you get your period??? Kinda feeling like mine's about to start... 4 weeks post birth a bit early???

Aww thanks :) xx

Well I'm still bleeding on and off 5 weeks later! Hoping it stops soon!

OMG SammieLouise.. Thats actually blood boiling!!! And OMG LOOK at your profile pic of little Thomas... TOO FECKING CUTE!!! Ladies, how long after giving birth did you get your period??? Kinda feeling like mine's about to start... 4 weeks post birth a bit early???[/QUOTE ]
Yup I know .. Plenty of names come to mind for him but I will refrain from cursing on here lol. Ladies who bf I have a question .. Can anyone recommend a good electric breast bump which won't break the bank ? Money is tight at the mo and I desperately want to get my breast pump sorted . I really wanted the tommee tippee pump as we are using tt bottles however don't think I can afford that one. Does it matter if I use a different brand from the bottles I am using and is there one that isn't too expensive that I could get ?? X

Last edited:
I think all electric ones are so expensive, I think you can hire them as well somehow?
I have the Medela swing which is great but really expensive too.
I have the manual Medela as bought this before realising I would only be expressing and have used it a few times when out and about, it's quite good as well just a bit more work but a fraction of the price.
I just pour my milk from the Medela bottle that comes with the pump into my Tommee Tippee bottles xx

Oh really Danni?? I stopped bleeding after 3 weeks.. But after 3 r 4 days was only really light.. So much so that i was wearing normal ST's before the first week was up

Think up to 6 weeks is normal but just read if it's redder it's because I've been doing too much :-/ my scar is a little sore and a little bit seems open too so think it's from lifting him in his car seat and getting the pram in and out the boot, will have to try stop those for a wee while I think!

I think all electric ones are so expensive, I think you can hire them as well somehow? I have the Medela swing which is great but really expensive too. I have the manual Medela as bought this before realising I would only be expressing and have used it a few times when out and about, it's quite good as well just a bit more work but a fraction of the price. I just pour my milk from the Medela bottle that comes with the pump into my Tommee Tippee bottles xx

Thanks Danni I have heard a lot of good things about the Medela I just didn't really want to spend that much I think I will shop around and see what I can find x

I think all electric ones are so expensive, I think you can hire them as well somehow? I have the Medela swing which is great but really expensive too. I have the manual Medela as bought this before realising I would only be expressing and have used it a few times when out and about, it's quite good as well just a bit more work but a fraction of the price. I just pour my milk from the Medela bottle that comes with the pump into my Tommee Tippee bottles xx

I've got the manual Medela pump and I really like it. I can't express much but tbh I think that's my fault rather than the pump! You can use it one handed which is useful as you often get more milk if you express while you're holding baby and it's not noisy like electric pumps are so you can use it at night. That said, I do wish I'd saved and bought a Medels swing!

Oh really Danni?? I stopped bleeding after 3 weeks.. But after 3 r 4 days was only really light.. So much so that i was wearing normal ST's before the first week was up

I was the same, i bled on and off for about 6 weeks. I dunno if it's because of the section or because of bf but it went on for ages! Then I had two weeks off, had the coil fitted at 8 weeks pp and have bled ever since :/

Think up to 6 weeks is normal but just read if it's redder it's because I've been doing too much :-/ my scar is a little sore and a little bit seems open too so think it's from lifting him in his car seat and getting the pram in and out the boot, will have to try stop those for a wee while I think!

You be careful missus! You shouldn't be doing any lifting yet, I was banned from lifting the pram and car seat unless I absolutely had to until after my six week check. Keep an eye on your scar, you have layers of stitches underneath and you want to make sure you've not aggregated the bit of the wound that you can't see. Mine is still quite sore though tbh so I think to an extent it's pretty normal. It's big surgery we've had so taking it easy as much as possible is a must! xxx

OMG SammieLouise.. Thats actually blood boiling!!! And OMG LOOK at your profile pic of little Thomas... TOO FECKING CUTE!!! Ladies, how long after giving birth did you get your period??? Kinda feeling like mine's about to start... 4 weeks post birth a bit early???[/QUOTE ]
Yup I know .. Plenty of names come to mind for him but I will refrain from cursing on here lol. Ladies who bf I have a question .. Can anyone recommend a good electric breast bump which won't break the bank ? Money is tight at the mo and I desperately want to get my breast pump sorted . I really wanted the tommee tippee pump as we are using tt bottles however don't think I can afford that one. Does it matter if I use a different brand from the bottles I am using and is there one that isn't too expensive that I could get ?? X

Have you had a look on eBay? You can get some at reasonable prices and all you would need to do is buy a new funnel bit and maybe a new tube? But no it doesn't matter if it's a different make to the bottles, I have a tommee tippee manual one and a medela mini electric (which is great but rather noisy) but we ended up using asda bottles as I wanted to have a few in just in case bf didn't go to plan but didn't want to break the bank on buying expensive bottles I might never use! And I like the asda ones! So I always sterilised everything and then decanted as needed.
X

I've got the manual Medela pump and I really like it. I can't express much but tbh I think that's my fault rather than the pump! You can use it one handed which is useful as you often get more milk if you express while you're holding baby and it's not noisy like electric pumps are so you can use it at night. That said, I do wish I'd saved and bought a Medels swing! I was the same, i bled on and off for about 6 weeks. I dunno if it's because of the section or because of bf but it went on for ages! Then I had two weeks off, had the coil fitted at 8 weeks pp and have bled ever since :/ You be careful missus! You shouldn't be doing any lifting yet, I was banned from lifting the pram and car seat unless I absolutely had to until after my six week check. Keep an eye on your scar, you have layers of stitches underneath and you want to make sure you've not aggregated the bit of the wound that you can't see. Mine is still quite sore though tbh so I think to an extent it's pretty normal. It's big surgery we've had so taking it easy as much as possible is a must! xxx

I'll definitely be taking it easier and will keep an eye on the scar, it's always been a bit tender but last few days has felt a sorer than normal, annoyed at myself now! Xxx

@Jess.

Only just caught up with what you put!! I cannot believe the cheek. I know how hard it is for so long with contractions as with Jacob it was for 2 days and I had the epidural too, nobody knows what the pain was like that you was going through, we all cope differently but sure as hell kills! Some ladies scream for epi straight away...

Hope your ok ((((hugs))))

Sam there are some medala swing pumps on eBay that are going for £99 buy it now which I think are new but have damaged packaging, they still come with a warranty I think. I have bought the avent breastfeeding starter kit which has a bit of everything and seems to get decent reviews it was reduced in mothercare from £150 to £99 not gonna open it on case it needs to go back ?

Medela swing currently £96 on amazon too. There's even one on amazon marketplace that's apparently new for £65 but not sure what the deal is there - sounds a bit too good to be true! xxx

Medela swing currently £96 on amazon too. There's even one on amazon marketplace that's apparently new for £65 but not sure what the deal is there - sounds a bit too good to be true! xxx

I only paid £80 something from john Lewis. Have a look round because I definitely saw then for cheaper than £100 in a few places. Remember john Lewis do price match with any shop, in store or online, in the country x

I only paid £80 something from john Lewis. Have a look round because I definitely saw then for cheaper than £100 in a few places. Remember john Lewis do price match with any shop, in store or online, in the country x

Oooh that's decent! We don't have a John Lewis nearby, it's surprising how reasonable they are. I always had them pegged as being a posh shop but I may be being a bit uncharitable there lol ;) xxx

Oooh that's decent! We don't have a John Lewis nearby, it's surprising how reasonable they are. I always had them pegged as being a posh shop but I may be being a bit uncharitable there lol ;) xxx

Do you have a Waitrose nearby? I didn't know this until we went to stay with Tom's mum but if you order online with John Lewis you can opt for free next day delivery to your local Waitrose. Worth knowing if you need something quick :) That's how we got our bath support xxx

Do you have a Waitrose nearby? I didn't know this until we went to stay with Tom's mum but if you order online with John Lewis you can opt for free next day delivery to your local Waitrose. Worth knowing if you need something quick :) That's how we got our bath support xxx

A Waitrose? In Derby? You're having a laugh! We don't get nice shops like that lol ;) That's worth knowing though in case we ever do get one! xxx

Back