Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Actimel- I've just brought some in the hope it will help with heartburn but can I drink more than one a day? I always remember it being promoted as one a day!

I take 2 daily - breakfast and dinner :) or breakfast and lunch ..

Ladies that were induced, did you have an appointment to see if you were induce-able? I am confused lol, I am 39+3 and tomorrow I am booked in to see if I am unduce-able, I thought this meant a sweep but my friend has just said she thinks they will start me off there and then if my cervix is favorable. Unsure what to expect now ho hum xx

Nope I just went to hospital 10 days over, and the induction started.

I take 2 daily - breakfast and dinner :) or breakfast and lunch ..
Excellent! I brought a 12 pack this morning but can't see it lasting very long lol

Sorry for all the q's!! Last one I promise- When you had your 34 week midwife appt (mines tomorrow) did she tell you how big baby is gonna be (or estimate) and how baby is positioned and if she thinks you'll go early? The reason I ask is cos I have a large bump and it's dropped a bit and so many people have said to me it won't be long!

The mw felt me at each appointment and said how far engaged. Never really said if baby big or not. Said how positioned. This was all put in my notes. Think it's standard stuff but may be wrong. Everyone said I would go early but ended up being induced so personally I wouldn't take any notice until you start getting contractions! Xx

The mw felt me at each appointment and said how far engaged. Never really said if baby big or not. Said how positioned. This was all put in my notes. Think it's standard stuff but may be wrong. Everyone said I would go early but ended up being induced so personally I wouldn't take any notice until you start getting contractions! Xx
Lol I think people say that to make you feel better, cos they realise you're fed up!!!!

Also do MW appts get more frequent at this stage? She told me every 3 weeks which would mean after tomorrow I'll see her when I'm 37 weeks then 40 (if I haven't gone into labour).
I'm guessing she'd only see me more if there was a problem?

Lol I think people say that to make you feel better, cos they realise you're fed up!!!! Also do MW appts get more frequent at this stage? She told me every 3 weeks which would mean after tomorrow I'll see her when I'm 37 weeks then 40 (if I haven't gone into labour). I'm guessing she'd only see me more if there was a problem?

Think mine were every other week then every week after 40 x

For those ladies that have bottle fed from the very beginning, did you need to use breast pads at all? Getting my hospital bag ready and I haven't got any, but wondered if I will need them? (I'm planning to bottle feed) x
Yes you do. It was about 12 hours after I had jacob my boobs leaked Luke crazy lol. Embarrassing as it was right when inlaws showed up and I'm stood there a mess with two wet patches lol!! But I think they stopped leaking after few days anyway so was lucky x

Actimel- I've just brought some in the hope it will help with heartburn but can I drink more than one a day? I always remember it being promoted as one a day!
I'm not sure with these, I would think if you want to as it's just like a yogurt isnt it?....

Sorry for all the q's!! Last one I promise-

When you had your 34 week midwife appt (mines tomorrow) did she tell you how big baby is gonna be (or estimate) and how baby is positioned and if she thinks you'll go early?

The reason I ask is cos I have a large bump and it's dropped a bit and so many people have said to me it won't be long!
Can't estimate unless it's a scan you have. Ive not that far yet but I remember every mifewife app wad pretty much the same,blood pressure, urine sample, feel bump for how laying, measure bump. Ask if any concerns and closer to the time ask mote about birth plan x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Ladies that were induced, did you have an appointment to see if you were induce-able? I am confused lol, I am 39+3 and tomorrow I am booked in to see if I am unduce-able, I thought this meant a sweep but my friend has just said she thinks they will start me off there and then if my cervix is favorable. Unsure what to expect now ho hum xx

I was told on Christmas Eve that I was being induced on Boxing Day. I had to ring at 8am and they asked me to come in at 10am. Xx

For those ladies that have bottle fed from the very beginning, did you need to use breast pads at all? Getting my hospital bag ready and I haven't got any, but wondered if I will need them? (I'm planning to bottle feed) x

I never got any milk so I didn't need them. My boobs got hard for about a day or two when Cole was just about a week old but I didn't leak at all. But I've known some people leak loads so I'd take some just in case x

I never got any milk so I didn't need them. My boobs got hard for about a day or two when Cole was just about a week old but I didn't leak at all. But I've known some people leak loads so I'd take some just in case x
I didn't know that not everybody produces milk? We're does it go then I thought it had to leak out? This is new to me lol x

Thanks ladies your the best :) xx

Tbh I think leaking varies from person to person. I've bf since the start and at 16 weeks I have only leaked a couple of times! Which probably should have been a tip off that I have low supply but there we go...

My milk came in at day 5 and they went really hard like basketballs, I leaked out of my right boob and that was it, I used 4 pads and I bought 2 boxes what a waste!!

My milk came in at day 5 and they went really hard like basketballs, I leaked out of my right boob and that was it, I used 4 pads and I bought 2 boxes what a waste!!

I'll take them off your hands if you're selling lol! ;)

I'll take them off your hands if you're selling lol! ;)

Lol I'll let you just have them ;)

Speaking of which you busy at the weekend? X

Lol I'll let you just have them ;) Speaking of which you busy at the weekend? X

I can make my myself available for you and Eva! Sunday? xxx

Thanks ladies, I shall buy just one box then, just in case of leakage, as I've no intention of BF at all x

Thanks ladies, I shall buy just one box then, just in case of leakage, as I've no intention of BF at all x

I had no intention either. Have you sorted out milk to take to hospital or do they provide you with it? I know someone was asking recently about it but not sure whether it was you or not? Also if you haven't already got one - Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep machine is the best thing ever!!!!x

Back