Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

What about when you go out? I've been using those starter bottles for Eva the 3oz sma ones, these aren't going to be big enough for a growing tummy soon! X

In the out and about section of the book the hvs used to give out they suggest you do the following:
Sterilise (doh! :) )
Boil kettle and wait 20mins
Make bottles up as usual
Place in bowl/sink cold water for ten mins
Place straight at back of fridge
When going out keep cold using cool blocks etc

However, several friends (and us when needed) have done this as a matter of course every day so they are all made up and ready to go to avoid the situation you mentioned! And then heat as needed. You could do it for 24hrs, that's the max you can keep them, or 12 hours or just overnight, whatever suits you.
I tend to microwave them to heat up....I know im a bad mummy, but I do have a v clean microwave and I obviously shake it really well to disperse any hot spots!

This is exactly what I do :) except use jug of hot water to heat x im sure i will use microwave once Amelia has bigger feeds as it will take forever to heat up a 9oz bottle with hot water lol xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

What about when you go out? I've been using those starter bottles for Eva the 3oz sma ones, these aren't going to be big enough for a growing tummy soon! X

I buy the 7oz ready made stuff to take out and just take sterilised bottles. They say a bottle will last two hours after being made (apparently) so if Cole is due one within two hours of leaving the house I'll make one with the machine and keep it in the insulated pocket in my changing bag then take enough of the ready made stuff and sterilised bottles for the rest. And when we're out I just give it at room temperature so Cole gets used to both warm and room temp bottles. X

This is exactly what I do :) except use jug of hot water to heat x im sure i will use microwave once Amelia has bigger feeds as it will take forever to heat up a 9oz bottle with hot water lol xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Me too :) x

Ah Susie we're all bad mummies if that's the case ;)

I'm doing it the way my Mam done it with us.. And my brothers n sister done it with their kids.. none of them ever had any issues... No problems with spit ups or colic or dodgy tums.. N so far (touching wood) we've had no issues with Éabha...

Girls, the TT machine wouldn't be much good with giving room temp bottles would it?? Do you set the temp or is it standard??
I like the idea of it.. not counting scoops or measuring out the water for each bottle... But Éabha takes her bottles at room temp so it'd be silly to get it n still have to leave the bottle to cool (or chill it)

In the out and about section of the book the hvs used to give out they suggest you do the following: Sterilise (doh! :) ) Boil kettle and wait 20mins Make bottles up as usual Place in bowl/sink cold water for ten mins Place straight at back of fridge When going out keep cold using cool blocks etc However, several friends (and us when needed) have done this as a matter of course every day so they are all made up and ready to go to avoid the situation you mentioned! And then heat as needed. You could do it for 24hrs, that's the max you can keep them, or 12 hours or just overnight, whatever suits you. I tend to microwave them to heat up....I know im a bad mummy, but I do have a v clean microwave and I obviously shake it really well to disperse any hot spots!
When I mentioned this method to my HV she went slightly mad and said this was an old method and I was putting my baby at a risk of diorhea and something else. That this was an old method and not recommended anymore. However I know lots of people who do this, and we do it at night just fine. As for going out. If in using it within 2 hours I'll make it before I go and put in insulated bag. If there will be boiling water where I'm going, I'll take the powder and make it out with me and obviously cool it. Sometimes use the premade bottles and pour into sterilised bottle but they are pricey at 79p a small bottle.

Or I take a flask and powder and make it up but then need to cool it under bathroom tap

Thank you so much ladies for all the advice as always your all life savers xx

Ah Susie we're all bad mummies if that's the case ;) I'm doing it the way my Mam done it with us.. And my brothers n sister done it with their kids.. none of them ever had any issues... No problems with spit ups or colic or dodgy tums.. N so far (touching wood) we've had no issues with Éabha... Girls, the TT machine wouldn't be much good with giving room temp bottles would it?? Do you set the temp or is it standard?? I like the idea of it.. not counting scoops or measuring out the water for each bottle... But Éabha takes her bottles at room temp so it'd be silly to get it n still have to leave the bottle to cool (or chill it)

The TT machine makes bottles to body temperature (its supposed to be like breast milk) so if you serve at room temperature you'd still have to cool them. You set the dial to how many oz you want and it puts in a bit of hot water. You still have to measure your formula in scoops into it, shake it then press the button and it tops it up with cold water. But if you leave them to cool anyway you're probably better off saving your money and sticking with the kettle :)

Ok ladies... Talk to me about dream feeding...

Do I literally just pick her up n feed?? R do I wait til a time when she's unsettled?
And... Do I still do a bum change?? Am thinking this defeats the purpose as it'd wake her...
And... Winding... Do I still wind every oz (I know that's not standard but it's what we do at normal feeds) r just at the end?? Am thinking lots if winding will wake her n again defeat the purpose...

We had a 3am feed again tonight but that's coz last feed was at 9... So still good going. Thought about giving a dream feed at midnight but didn't kno the protocol n didn't wana disturb her
She's back asleep. Was fed n changed n back in bed in 20 mins!! So am gona join her :)
Night, n thanks in advance

Ok ladies... Talk to me about dream feeding... Do I literally just pick her up n feed?? R do I wait til a time when she's unsettled? And... Do I still do a bum change?? Am thinking this defeats the purpose as it'd wake her... And... Winding... Do I still wind every oz (I know that's not standard but it's what we do at normal feeds) r just at the end?? Am thinking lots if winding will wake her n again defeat the purpose... We had a 3am feed again tonight but that's coz last feed was at 9... So still good going. Thought about giving a dream feed at midnight but didn't kno the protocol n didn't wana disturb her She's back asleep. Was fed n changed n back in bed in 20 mins!! So am gona join her :) Night, n thanks in advance

I don't dream feed as such. I keep the lights off and just use the torch on my phone. I undo Cole's vest and sleep suit poppers in his crib while he's sleeping then gently move him to his changing mat to change him first. I do the quickest change I can but still really gently and he usually wakes up just as I'm dressing him. I then feed him in the dark and don't wind him then put him back down and he's back off to sleep. Usually takes 20 minutes to change, feed and be back asleep. I always give him a bit of gripe water before bed at 6.30 because of the fact that I don't wind him at 10.30.

Ok ladies... Talk to me about dream feeding... Do I literally just pick her up n feed?? R do I wait til a time when she's unsettled? And... Do I still do a bum change?? Am thinking this defeats the purpose as it'd wake her... And... Winding... Do I still wind every oz (I know that's not standard but it's what we do at normal feeds) r just at the end?? Am thinking lots if winding will wake her n again defeat the purpose... We had a 3am feed again tonight but that's coz last feed was at 9... So still good going. Thought about giving a dream feed at midnight but didn't kno the protocol n didn't wana disturb her She's back asleep. Was fed n changed n back in bed in 20 mins!! So am gona join her :) Night, n thanks in advance

I don't dream feed so can't comment on that but I've stopped changing Oliver's nappy at night feeds unless it smells. Instead been using pampers night dry nappies which seem to last way longer. They look really thin but come the morning, often 12 hours of wearing it the nappy is massive and Oliver is still happy. He will often only poo in a clean nappy but will poo in this even after wearing it for a while so can't be uncomfortable for him.

I just found nappy change always woke him up at night. Just a thought

I don't dream feed so can't comment on that but I've stopped changing Oliver's nappy at night feeds unless it smells. Instead been using pampers night dry nappies which seem to last way longer. They look really thin but come the morning, often 12 hours of wearing it the nappy is massive and Oliver is still happy. He will often only poo in a clean nappy but will poo in this even after wearing it for a while so can't be uncomfortable for him.

I just found nappy change always woke him up at night. Just a thought

Thanks. Yea I find the same. She snoozes most of the way thru her feeds. It's the nappy change wakes her!
In the day I change her before the feed... N it's great coz then when she starts falling asleep, I know she has a nice dry bum n it's fine. So it's be ideal for night changes... Except by time I'm feeding her she wants her bottle NOW!!!! N I'm not arguing with a hungry lady!!! Ha ha ha

I've. Motorola video one now. Love it Had been using a friends angel care n wasn't best pleased/impressed with it

Thanks i will look put for one .
Gutted as i saw a motorola one in 2nd hand shop for £25 n it looks near &100 online, and was gone when i went back!

Any one seen this morning... Babies cry at night to stop parents having another baby!

I haven't seen it but that just sounds silly, it hasn't stopped half of the people I know haha. We all expect crying at night isn't that what all people keep telling us pregnant women new parents ' you will never sleep again your life's over bla bla" I'm just going with it xx

I've. Motorola video one now. Love it Had been using a friends angel care n wasn't best pleased/impressed with it

Thanks i will look put for one .
Gutted as i saw a motorola one in 2nd hand shop for £25 n it looks near &100 online, and was gone when i went back!

Any one seen this morning... Babies cry at night to stop parents having another baby!

We're just getting up now ;) so not seen it. But certainly hasn't worked here. We want baby number 2 soon as
Although Eabha only cries for her bottle n goes straight back to sleep...

Another one agreeing with Motorola. We've the mbp36 (think it's mbp?) I love it. I use it for Jacob who's almost 3 (house to big to hear him cry!) X

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Another one agreeing with Motorola. We've the mbp36 (think it's mbp?) I love it. I use it for Jacob who's almost 3 (house to big to hear him cry!) X

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins
Jess thats the one i have...
bought it second hand for s bargain €60

That comment about babies crying to stop parents having more made me laugh... I'll have to tell my second cousin who's just popped out her 9th baby and is planning number 10 already!!

OMG 9 babies!!!!

Back