Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I used to have jakemans honey and lemon sweets for colds and coughs, they taste lovely and take away a bit of the tickle. I checked them with my midwife and they are apparently fine :)

I've got Lockets honey and lemon but they never do anything, apart from being delicious lol!!
Lemon is one of my fave flavours ever so I have to be careful not to 'overdose' on them lol!!

Bargin! I'll have to grab some next time I'm in Tesco!

Aww no thought I was safe from the hair loss now but apparently not :-(

Talk about drained!

Took jacob to feed the ducks at the end of street near the sea, it's about 5min walk... Went ww got home I fell asleep on the sofa! Good job Robs off work lol.

Still feel knackered too, these past few weeks are killing me with the no energy at all.

I've a engagement party tomorrow too so hope I don't fall asleep there lol! X

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Third trimester is definitely hard work don't blame you for having a nap .. Just getting up the stairs can feel like a marathon sometimes lol xx

Tell me about it!! Begining of 3rd tri wasn't so bad but it's been the past 2/3 weeks now.
It was a lot easier when I was pregnant with jacob as I could sleep whenever I wanted to! Lol xx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Dougal you're not meant to take Lockets as they have menthol in...
The Glycerine & Honey I find works great.. I've been using it the past 2 days as my throat feel like I've swallowed packets of razer blades... And I can now have medicated stuff if I want!!! :)
Hope you feel better soon.. x

Dougal you're not meant to take Lockets as they have menthol in... The Glycerine & Honey I find works great.. I've been using it the past 2 days as my throat feel like I've swallowed packets of razer blades... And I can now have medicated stuff if I want!!! :) Hope you feel better soon.. x

Oh the pharmacist said I could!! I've only had a couple anyway, I'm enjoying the glycerin and honey too much lol!
Thanks, it's nothing major but it's keeping me awake at night and what with frequent toilet trips and being heavy and uncomfortable anyway it doesn't bode well for a good nights kip! X

I used to have jakemans honey and lemon sweets for colds and coughs, they taste lovely and take away a bit of the tickle. I checked them with my midwife and they are apparently fine :)

See this is where everyone gives different advice, it's stupid. I was told not to have them as they have menthol in. But their website just says the NHS offers no specific guidance about taking menthol in pregnancy so basically make your own mind up. I struggled with a bad cold and throat and I love the Jakemans and was told I wasn't allowed them. Grr xx

Sarah I was advised by pharmacist, gp and midwife to stay away from Anything menthol whole pregnant!! Even tiger balm and u don't eat/drink that!!!

This is what I mean, so was I. But then other medical people say it's ok and on their website they say there are no NHS guidelines so what are people supposed to do?! It's silly x

This is what I mean, so was I. But then other medical people say it's ok and on their website they say there are no NHS guidelines so what are people supposed to do?! It's silly x

My gps advice to things that weren't tested was to steer clear... If unclear, don't go near!!

To ladies who have had their babies:

I have has little patches of what looks like dry skin all over one of my legs since I came out f hospital - and now some have appeared on my other leg! :-(
They r v dark coloured, don't itch and I have tried different moisturisers etc. They do not look nice (will add photo at a later date)

Any advice?? Are they pregnancy related?? Xx

Hard to say without seeing them, you can get dark spots due to hormone imbalances. Dark and dry skin can be a sign of an over active thyroid, most times when these occur during/after pregnancy they resolve within a few months. Are you using any hormonal contraception? X

Hard to say without seeing them, you can get dark spots due to hormone imbalances. Dark and dry skin can be a sign of an over active thyroid, most times when these occur during/after pregnancy they resolve within a few months. Are you using any hormonal contraception? X

The depo injection - is that a hormonal one?? Lol.
It's been 6 months now and I'm getting more! :-( x

Yup it's a hormonal one how long after Stevie did you start using it?

Copied this for you....
The most common side effects associated with Depo-Provera and Lunelle are yellowing of the skin, headache, nervousness, dizziness, abdominal pain, hair loss, rash, increase in the number of migraine headaches, increased or decreased interest in sexual intercourse, the development of dark spots on the skin.....

Have you tried daily E45 or similar the only other thing you could try is a tiny dot of hydrocortisone applied very sparingly can sometimes help xx

Yup it's a hormonal one how long after Stevie did you start using it? Copied this for you.... The most common side effects associated with Depo-Provera and Lunelle are yellowing of the skin, headache, nervousness, dizziness, abdominal pain, hair loss, rash, increase in the number of migraine headaches, increased or decreased interest in sexual intercourse, the development of dark spots on the skin..... Have you tried daily E45 or similar the only other thing you could try is a tiny dot of hydrocortisone applied very sparingly can sometimes help xx

Thanks for that :)

I started it around 10 weeks after Stevie was born. I've had it before for 3 years with no side effects at all!!
When it runs out I will look I to a different one xx

Yes those kind of side effects kind of scared me away from having it!

Back