Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Hoping Susie can advise! I had a c section 11 weeks ago and today I did 25 mins of walking / running on treadmill which is the first proper exercise I've done. Just now I thought I'd peed myself a little bit but when I went to toilet it was bright red blood. It's still bleeding but not overly heavy?! I was on cerazette until Monday for contraception but off it as can't find it anywhere but don't think it's a period as it's bright red not dark?!

I would definitely get checked out hun as it's the first exercise you've done. Have you got any pain at all? xxx

Not got any pain but will phone the doctors for some advice, thanks xx

Thanks I'm going to call midwife and see if I can be seen earlier or see what she suggests.

Abd Danni I'd deff call doctors just for advice. It may be nothing but you may of pulled something? Hope all is ok, and it's good your not in pain xx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Thanks ladies :) Well I took your advice and popped in to the hospital to be checked over- baby is fine, it perked up as soon as the monitor went on, little bugger :) And was very active, in fact MW said I think we've got a live wire here :) I am getting 'tightenings', had a few contractions whilst on monitor but they aren't regular or painful so after checking everything else (waters haven't broken, no show), MW has said I'm in early labour but it could still be a while so lots of rest for me and if movement reduces again, to go back in. I got a nice cuppa tea and to listen to baby jumping about like a loony in there and all's well, so I'm much happier x

Glad you got checked and everything is fine. I'm not far from you this weekend!! If you come to Colchester shopping and go into labour then let me know and I'll come with some towels hehe x

Glad you got checked and everything is fine. I'm not far from you this weekend!! If you come to Colchester shopping and go into labour then let me know and I'll come with some towels hehe x
Lol thanks I'll bear it in mind :) x

Embarrassing question but I'd rather ask you ladies! How long after thrush treatment can you have sex?? :blush:

7 days after treatment if you want it before oh would need to wear a condom just incase it's passed back and fourth x

Thanks, pretty annoying when I'm craving sex pmsl! X

Hi girls! Sorry been busy at work and parents arrived last night so not had chance to catch up!

Dannii it might be a period as bear in mind it's all new blood that's coated your uterus. I doubt it will be exercise related if you're not in pain! See what the dr says but I'm sure it will be fine x

Have to go back but will be back on later! Xx

Thanks Susie :) xx
Hope you have a good time with your parents.

I might be about to sound stupid but I'm gonna ask anyway. The last few nights Cole has been really restless on his back and waking up quite often. I've winded him loads, he has gripe water etc and he doesn't seem to have trapped wind but he just seems to dislike laying flat. He is sniffly at night but I've tried both snuffle babe on him and baby Olbas on a bib hung from the cot and neither helped. Last night when he came into our bed I laid him down on his left hand side and he slept better. Tonight he went to bed at 7.30 and has just started moaning so I've propped him half on his side with a rolled up blanket behind him and he's snoring away. Really I suppose I'm asking if this is ok? I know they say babies should sleep on their backs but he can roll onto his side now anyway so technically could put himself in that position.

Hey ladies, had a really scary night ton. About 5 at work I went to loo n had bit blood when I wiped. more pink than red. went to sheff hospital to get checked out and luckily baby is fine and my womb is closed so she is not on her way just yet ( only 32 wk's tomorrow ) just wondering if any of u experienced bleeding during ur pregnancies ? Xx

I might be about to sound stupid but I'm gonna ask anyway. The last few nights Cole has been really restless on his back and waking up quite often. I've winded him loads, he has gripe water etc and he doesn't seem to have trapped wind but he just seems to dislike laying flat. He is sniffly at night but I've tried both snuffle babe on him and baby Olbas on a bib hung from the cot and neither helped. Last night when he came into our bed I laid him down on his left hand side and he slept better. Tonight he went to bed at 7.30 and has just started moaning so I've propped him half on his side with a rolled up blanket behind him and he's snoring away. Really I suppose I'm asking if this is ok? I know they say babies should sleep on their backs but he can roll onto his side now anyway so technically could put himself in that position.

Sarah I always sleep Éabha on her side. Not completely over but like u have put Cole, blanket propping her a little. She sleeps do much better that way. Today J put he'd to sleep in her pram on her back n when we checked on her age was on her side!! Lol
Just make sure to keep an eye on him but unless he's leaning more forward than back I can't see anything happening. She's never once rolled forward. Wakes on her back from moving n squirming in the night...

Hey ladies, had a really scary night ton. About 5 at work I went to loo n had bit blood when I wiped. more pink than red. went to sheff hospital to get checked out and luckily baby is fine and my womb is closed so she is not on her way just yet ( only 32 wk's tomorrow ) just wondering if any of u experienced bleeding during ur pregnancies ? Xx

Glad all is ok hun
Did they say where the blood might have come from?
I've not had any issues with bleeds but I know done f the girls have... X

Glad all is ok hun Did they say where the blood might have come from? I've not had any issues with bleeds but I know done f the girls have... X

They just said it could be stress, didn't really say. I have been getting a little stressed at work today so maybe it's that. She's kicking away at the min so I'm glad she is ok. Xx

Just wondering.....

How long will u leave ur baby sleep without waking then for a feed During day time naps???

I panic if Éabha sleeps too long anyway at night. If I wake n it's far past 6 n she's not been fed since 10 the night before, I pick her up n feed her... Although I know it's prob best to leave her but she's still only teeny so I need to b sure she's getting enough food per day...
Anyway, got side tracked... Yesterday... She had a bottle at 10am... Played for a bit then went for a snooze about 11:45... Then Js sister n kids got here n woke her about 20 mins later... She snoozed again about an hour later n J had to put her in another room n lock us in the kitchen to stop her kids going in n waking her... They stayed about another hour n left. We went painting out the back n when I checked the click it was 4pm n Éabha was still knocked out!!! That's 6 hours between feeds!!!! So I whipped her up n fed her...
So I guess my Q is... Should I have left her sleeping ???

Just wondering.....

How long will u leave ur baby sleep without waking then for a feed During day time naps???

I panic if Éabha sleeps too long anyway at night. If I wake n it's far past 6 n she's not been fed since 10 the night before, I pick her up n feed her... Although I know it's prob best to leave her but she's still only teeny so I need to b sure she's getting enough food per day...
Anyway, got side tracked... Yesterday... She had a bottle at 10am... Played for a bit then went for a snooze about 11:45... Then Js sister n kids got here n woke her about 20 mins later... She snoozed again about an hour later n J had to put her in another room n lock us in the kitchen to stop her kids going in n waking her... They stayed about another hour n left. We went painting out the back n when I checked the click it was 4pm n Éabha was still knocked out!!! That's 6 hours between feeds!!!! So I whipped her up n fed her...
So I guess my Q is... Should I have left her sleeping ???

I dint know the right or wrong with this but as Bella sleeps 11-12 hours at night her daytime feeds are pretty crucial so I always make sure she gets them. Maybe Eabha was just having a particularly sleepy day? How much dies she take at each feed? x

Just wondering..... How long will u leave ur baby sleep without waking then for a feed During day time naps??? I panic if Éabha sleeps too long anyway at night. If I wake n it's far past 6 n she's not been fed since 10 the night before, I pick her up n feed her... Although I know it's prob best to leave her but she's still only teeny so I need to b sure she's getting enough food per day... Anyway, got side tracked... Yesterday... She had a bottle at 10am... Played for a bit then went for a snooze about 11:45... Then Js sister n kids got here n woke her about 20 mins later... She snoozed again about an hour later n J had to put her in another room n lock us in the kitchen to stop her kids going in n waking her... They stayed about another hour n left. We went painting out the back n when I checked the click it was 4pm n Éabha was still knocked out!!! That's 6 hours between feeds!!!! So I whipped her up n fed her... So I guess my Q is... Should I have left her sleeping ???

Wow that's some nap!! Cole naps for 2-3 hours in the morning but wakes when his bottle is due. Does she take plenty during feeds? And seem hungry when you do feed her? Cole has gone 6 hours between feeds before, not very often mind, he just drinks more at his next feed.

I dint know the right or wrong with this but as Bella sleeps 11-12 hours at night her daytime feeds are pretty crucial so I always make sure she gets them. Maybe Eabha was just having a particularly sleepy day? How much dies she take at each feed? x

How old is Bella??
She takes 6oz each day time feed. Have been sneaking in an odd 7oz feed about once a day. Sometimes she'll take it n others she won't.
I just make sure she gets in at least her min daily amount n anything after that is a bonus really

Wow that's some nap!! Cole naps for 2-3 hours in the morning but wakes when his bottle is due. Does she take plenty during feeds? And seem hungry when you do feed her? Cole has gone 6 hours between feeds before, not very often mind, he just drinks more at his next feed.

I know!! I think coz most f it was disturbed with those animals. (Kids!) that when she did drop off finally she conked...

Back