Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I shall be using Aptamil as well and I've brought a couple of the starter packs of ready made bottles, mainly for hospital but I shall use them up on night feeds to start with!
I plan to give baby milk at room temp and from what everyone has said on here and mummy friends of mine, I shall make up the bottles for night in advance- one friend of mine would make up 6 bottles before she went to bed and leave them out (she fed at room temp and they can be out for 12 hours) and they would last her the night and some for the morning. Made her life easier and and her kids never suffered x

I put the boiled water into the bottles and when cool stick in fridge for 24 hours max. When needed I'll add powder and give at room temperature if out or heat if at home.
Often mine end up thrown out as I give him if he's fussing on boob and I don't have anything expressed. X

Great thanks ladies off to get us some aptamil. Now fingers crossed it does the trick. Still going to express n bf as well so making more work probably but heyho xx

Great thanks ladies off to get us some aptamil. Now fingers crossed it does the trick. Still going to express n bf as well so making more work probably but heyho xx

That's what I'm doing too :) I'm just taking it week by week xx

Danni how often and how long do you express for? Xx

Someone said to me yesterday that you shouldn't get pregnant for 2 years after a C Section because of scar tissue I've never heard this before does anyone know if there's truth behind it? X

The consultant that did mine told me 12-18 months minimum xxx

Someone said to me yesterday that you shouldn't get pregnant for 2 years after a C Section because of scar tissue I've never heard this before does anyone know if there's truth behind it? X

Susie might know... :) xx

I never knew that about a c section either :-/

It differs every day Katie, minimum I do is once at nighttime a couple of hours after his last feed, today I've done it three times because he's having a fussy day and is preferring the bottle! So I give him the bottle and I'm left with full boobs lol

Hope you're ok xx

The consultant that did mine told me 12-18 months minimum xxx

Really? No one said anything to me until my friend mentioned it yesterday, you think they would tell you something that important, I was wanting to try again straight away lol

Yes I was told this.

Gosh so many different things about bottle feeds. We were told to only allow a bottle out for one hour max and in the fridge max of 12 hours. We have been away all weekend so in a hotel. This has meant making bottles up and cooking them as we need them during the night, cue a screaming baby. Not great but I was told any longer than an hour can increase bacteria and chance of baby getting ill. Who knows if this is true.

We like you to leave at least 12 months between having one baby and trying for the next. The deep healing of the muscles in the womb takes a while and there is always a risk once you have had one cs of there being problems in the future, especially if it's in quick succession.
That said, I've had people come back 3 months after! One of the main issues is that if the placenta attaches to the scar area it can become 'stickier' than normal and cause more problems once baby is born. In addition to the other issues.
But everyone will say something different. Any each case is different as well xx

We like you to leave at least 12 months between having one baby and trying for the next. The deep healing of the muscles in the womb takes a while and there is always a risk once you have had one cs of there being problems in the future, especially if it's in quick succession. That said, I've had people come back 3 months after! One of the main issues is that if the placenta attaches to the scar area it can become 'stickier' than normal and cause more problems once baby is born. In addition to the other issues. But everyone will say something different. Any each case is different as well xx

Thanks for the info Susie :)

I say I want to try again and I'm acting like it's going to be easy but it took us 10 years to get Eva so that coupled with a husband that isn't so willing just yet it, it might take 10 years just to persuade him I won't be a hormonal nasty cow again lol

I shall be using Aptamil as well and I've brought a couple of the starter packs of ready made bottles, mainly for hospital but I shall use them up on night feeds to start with!
I plan to give baby milk at room temp and from what everyone has said on here and mummy friends of mine, I shall make up the bottles for night in advance- one friend of mine would make up 6 bottles before she went to bed and leave them out (she fed at room temp and they can be out for 12 hours) and they would last her the night and some for the morning. Made her life easier and and her kids never suffered x
This is what I do. But only 4 bottles. Just coz 6 is 24 hours worth n cuts it too close :)
I put the boiled water into the bottles and when cool stick in fridge for 24 hours max. When needed I'll add powder and give at room temperature if out or heat if at home.
Often mine end up thrown out as I give him if he's fussing on boob and I don't have anything expressed. X
Danni is Thomas OK wit having bottles like that?
I done it once n Eabha brought the whole bottle back up. Could have been coincidence but PHN said it was coz u need to use hot water to kill the bacteria in the formula??

Gosh so many different things about bottle feeds. We were told to only allow a bottle out for one hour max and in the fridge max of 12 hours. We have been away all weekend so in a hotel. This has meant making bottles up and cooking them as we need them during the night, cue a screaming baby. Not great but I was told any longer than an hour can increase bacteria and chance of baby getting ill. Who knows if this is true.
I was told once a bottle was started you had only an hour to use it or it'd be growing bacteria from their saliva mixing with it

I was told that a newly made up bottle can stay out for two hours max. And once it's been started on it's an hour.

This is what I do. But only 4 bottles. Just coz 6 is 24 hours worth n cuts it too close :) Danni is Thomas OK wit having bottles like that? I done it once n Eabha brought the whole bottle back up. Could have been coincidence but PHN said it was coz u need to use hot water to kill the bacteria in the formula?? I was told once a bottle was started you had only an hour to use it or it'd be growing bacteria from their saliva mixing with it

Yeah he's always fine, spits up anyway sometimes but no different from when I BF x
I leave a bottle no more than 2 hours then throw it out.

Wow isnt it funny how many different things ur told about bottles!
When i had Lucas 5 years ago in November my HV told me to make bottles as I go... well I was doin this for a while but then my mum told me to make them up and put them in the fridge.. I used to make 4 bottles up at a time I only did milk at room temp if it was the ready made milk in cartons. Lucas was always fine with premade bottles and it made life soooooooooo much easier! When lil miss comes along I will be doin the same!

I was told 12/18 months after my cesction I have left it alot longer lol but thats what I was told!
I will b havin a csection this time as well!
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

With Jacob almost 3 years ago (omg my baby is soon to be 3!!! :eek:)

On nights i used the ready made cartons as was faster and easier, But i then started making up 3-6 bottles and putting in fridge for when i needed. Never had a problem with doing it. So if BF doesnt work or we end up with FF il be doing it the same! It saves so much time, stress and crying too. I hated waiting for kettle to boil, cool then be able to feed a screaming baby. As he always seemed to want one earlier than predicted lol.

Back