Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Hi Sarah, what brands have you tried? The only reason I ask is that when we first gave Amelia a dummy she had the MAM ones and got on really well with them. Not really thinking, we bought her some more dummies but got the Tommee Tippee ones which are a different shaped teat bit. One night she was crying and crying and we couldn't work out why, but it's because she didn't get on with the TT dummy! Put her back on the MAM and she was absolutely fine! So she's been on MAM ever since x It could just be the brand that he doesn't get on with, I know that doesn't help because there are bloody loads out there lol but you may find he prefers a certain shaped teat xx Good luck xx

He's had TT, MAM and Avent. The only ones he's kept in for long are Avent but he spits those ones out now too. Can't believe I'm trying to get him to have a dummy!! Haha xx

He's had TT, MAM and Avent. The only ones he's kept in for long are Avent but he spits those ones out now too. Can't believe I'm trying to get him to have a dummy!! Haha xx

Ahh bless him. lol yeah maybe try something on the dummy like the others suggested. :) I have to say, it's a godsend sometimes. Amelia seems to like the comfort of it, and I think it's helping with any teething issues as it's giving her something to suck/chomp on. The difficulty will be getting her off of it! lol but I'd like to do it when she's around a year old if poss! xx

I'm hoping to learn all my baby stuff at my antenatal classes god knows I paid enough for them ? did anyone else go to classes ?

I'm hoping to learn all my baby stuff at my antenatal classes god knows I paid enough for them ? did anyone else go to classes ?

I found my classes really useful but still found as we go along we have a lot to learn as well! X

I didn't go, but my friend who's due a week after me went and she wasn't impressed! They were the ones the NHS organise and she said it was very patronising!
This is her first baby too and her sister has got 2 little ones and she said her sister has given her much better help and advice!
But I think it's each to their own on antenatal classes- we didn't go, simply cos of hubby's work, and we kinda kept forgetting to book any and it was too late when we actually remembered!
Some people find them very useful- I would imagine if you've had to pay for them, they'd be pretty good!

very pregnant, fedup & emotional atm :'(

heat is a killer, aching lots! & upset over a friend who died. A couple we got very close to in army (who left and moved near us, but then back closer to family) well he was killed in a car accident on xmas eve... Its so hard without him here. Just the memories of what we would all be up to is making me very upset :'( They basically became part of the family... Nevermind how hard it is for her & their little girl who just turned 3!

i need a drink! lol

very pregnant, fedup & emotional atm :'(

heat is a killer, aching lots! & upset over a friend who died. A couple we got very close to in army (who left and moved near us, but then back closer to family) well he was killed in a car accident on xmas eve... Its so hard without him here. Just the memories of what we would all be up to is making me very upset :'( They basically became part of the family... Nevermind how hard it is for her & their little girl who just turned 3!

i need a drink! lol
Aww *hugs*
I know how you feel, I don't envy you still having a potential 4 weeks left!
And I'm with you on the drink- I've been craving an ice cold pint of cider for the last week, one of many reasons I'm so eager to meet my baby haha! X

I have paid for the NCT classes I hope they are good ? the NHS were not offering any free ones near me. Ah Jess sorry your having a rough day it's hard loosing a person and with all the extra emotions it plays havoc with us. He's probably always around an wouldn't want you upset. Big hugs get your self in a paddling pool cool off xx

Girls I've got a nat bite on my arm that's really irritating me- can I take antihistamines?
I'd normally take cetirizine but the packet says not to take whilst pregnant?

Girls I've got a nat bite on my arm that's really irritating me- can I take antihistamines?
I'd normally take cetirizine but the packet says not to take whilst pregnant?

Best not hun. If you have to have something the best one is chlorphenamine 4mg (piriton). We give that to women who have cholestasis and are itchy. Why don't you try some sodium bicarbonate mixed to a paste with water and smear it on it? Then cover it with a big plaster if you have one. Takestheheat out of it. Or a hot cup of tea held against it works too, as it increases the blood flow to the area and removes the itchy stuff x

[QUOTE=Jess

Aww hugs Jess. It's hard at the best of times without being pregnant as well.
Get your feet in a bowl of cold water with some ice cubes in, pop a damp tea towel in the freezer and then relax with it on your neck, will cool you down
Xxx

Jess Aww hugs Jess. It's hard at the best of times without being pregnant as well. Get your feet in a bowl of cold water with some ice cubes in said:
[ /QUOTE]

Thanks, yeah doesn't help with the extra pregnancy emotions!!!

We've come to the beach since it's at the back of our house kinda... I'm glad actually as it's quite windy but so nice and cool from it :)

ForumRunner_20140517_143344.png

ForumRunner_20140517_142952.png

Jacob playing... And Rob at the sea with Toby swimming... Don't know if can make out his yellow head with blue toy lol

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

I have paid for the NCT classes I hope they are good ? the NHS were not offering any free ones near me. Ah Jess sorry your having a rough day it's hard loosing a person and with all the extra emotions it plays havoc with us. He's probably always around an wouldn't want you upset. Big hugs get your self in a paddling pool cool off xx

Yes we went to the NCT ones and highly recommend them. The friends you make are also great. I have so much support from them and meet up with them to go to groups and compare issues. Hope you find them as useful as I did x

Best not hun. If you have to have something the best one is chlorphenamine 4mg (piriton). We give that to women who have cholestasis and are itchy. Why don't you try some sodium bicarbonate mixed to a paste with water and smear it on it? Then cover it with a big plaster if you have one. Takestheheat out of it. Or a hot cup of tea held against it works too, as it increases the blood flow to the area and removes the itchy stuff x
I think I have some piriton somewhere (hubby has hayfever so we have all different sorts of antihistamines in the house!) if not I'm just about to make a cuppa, so I'll give that a go thanks x

well diet is out window now... having bbq and im going to enjoy some naughty sausages, coleslaw and some dips!!

É was the opposite Jess. Loved her TT soothers n hates the MAM ones. Am raging coz her MAM ones are dead cute (very important lol)
She's now on Avent ones n loves them...
Sarah I have Glycerine n Aniseed dip stuff which É loved. Gets us by that cranky hour if an evening... Get it in boots n it's a God send.

É was the opposite Jess. Loved her TT soothers n hates the MAM ones. Am raging coz her MAM ones are dead cute (very important lol) She's now on Avent ones n loves them... Sarah I have Glycerine n Aniseed dip stuff which É loved. Gets us by that cranky hour if an evening... Get it in boots n it's a God send.

Ooh I'll have a look when I'm next in Boots. Anything to help him settle. X

Hi ladies :) what are you dressing your little ones in while it's hot at night last night for Eva I had her in a long sleeved vest and 2.5tog sleeping bag but it's even warmer tonight (24 degrees) I don't want her to overheat but I don't want her to get cold either, I know they say one layer more than us but right now id quite happily go and sit in a bath of ice (I hate the heat!) so I'm not the best example! X

Hi ladies :) what are you dressing your little ones in while it's hot at night last night for Eva I had her in a long sleeved vest and 2.5tog sleeping bag but it's even warmer tonight (24 degrees) I don't want her to overheat but I don't want her to get cold either, I know they say one layer more than us but right now id quite happily go and sit in a bath of ice (I hate the heat!) so I'm not the best example! X

I have Cole in a short sleeved vest, a long sleeved sleep suit and just a single layer of his cellular blanket. He won't have a sleeping bag or anything. If it gets too hot I'd probably give the vest a miss and just put him in a sleep suit so his arms and legs don't get cold in the night. I'm not a fan of the heat either and am rarely cold even in winter so I'm not a good example either ;) x

Back