Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Hope it means that something's happening ! :).

Dougal... Anything to report???

I wouldn't mind feeding É closer together but she won't take it. She's been every 4 hours since birth.
1 MW told me to feed every 3 hours n another said every 4.. But tbh I've always just fed when she's wanted it which has been every 4!
N her first feed of the day is usually 10ish... Then every 4 hours after.
Maybe ill try getting her up earlier n we might get an extra bit in...

Hey what blankets can i use from birth? It will be september so be a bit cooler. I like the sleeping bags or do i need the cellular blankets? I just want to pick bits up when im out and want to avoid buying what i wont use x

Hey what blankets can i use from birth? It will be september so be a bit cooler. I like the sleeping bags or do i need the cellular blankets? I just want to pick bits up when im out and want to avoid buying what i wont use x

I used gro bags from birth with gro suits as the arms are padded too. Not everyone's cuppa tea but the primark ones are smaller than other ones so were grand for her
Then I'd thro a little cellular over her from about her waist down

Aww Dougal. Hopefully not long to wait now. It's a great sign at least :)
How u feeling?

Cole's never liked being swaddled or wrapped up so if it's really cold I use a knitted woollen blanket as it's got 'air holes' in case he pulls it up, otherwise we only use a cellular blanket x

Thanks i have two sleeping bags and one cellular blanket so far will pick up a few more blankets suppose these can be used when out and about? Didnt know if there where any rules on what new borns could have ! X

I used gro bags from birth with gro suits as the arms are padded too. Not everyone's cuppa tea but the primark ones are smaller than other ones so were grand for her
Then I'd thro a little cellular over her from about her waist down

Aww Dougal. Hopefully not long to wait now. It's a great sign at least :)
How u feeling?
Hopefully not, I want cuddles!
I can't believe I wishing for pain and the sleepless nights and dirty nappies!!!
Lol I'm ok, I'm a bit restless today but otherwise fine, off out for a walk soon, going to enjoy this gorgeous weather :)

My gosh anything to help with pelvis other than rest?? Lol.

I'm on a clean house frenzy and been tackling the loft where all our junk and extra junk is!.. we popped to shop and all I did was walk around half and I'm in agony with my pelvis. Literally cannot walk :(

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Jess my husband did stretches with my hips every night and it really helped. He is a physio though, don't know if your husband could help you out with some hip stretches or you could see a physio? However my waters actually went when he was stretching my hips out in the hospital so not sure they could help this close to your due date. Other than that warm baths and resting xx

Thanks katie.. I cant get in/out baths due to knee problems. But il see and google about some hip stretches. Thank goodness its only one side! Bonus on popping your waters ;) im due in 8 days so might bring him along lol.

Jacob is certain that his little brother is going to be here for his party on the 31st! xx

I think I'm in labour- had really strong intense pains since yesterday and they are really frequent this morning, the pain is a hell of a lot worse than what I've previously experienced so I'm guessing contractions.
Plus after having a small show on Saturday, I've had a big one this morning, in fact it looked like the last day of a period (brown coloured- sorry for tmi!)
MW is due round today so I'll ask her but I'm guessing I'll be in hospital soon eek!

I think I'm in labour- had really strong intense pains since yesterday and they are really frequent this morning, the pain is a hell of a lot worse than what I've previously experienced so I'm guessing contractions. Plus after having a small show on Saturday, I've had a big one this morning, in fact it looked like the last day of a period (brown coloured- sorry for tmi!) MW is due round today so I'll ask her but I'm guessing I'll be in hospital soon eek!

Yey!!! So exciting!!! Xx

I think I'm in labour- had really strong intense pains since yesterday and they are really frequent this morning, the pain is a hell of a lot worse than what I've previously experienced so I'm guessing contractions. Plus after having a small show on Saturday, I've had a big one this morning, in fact it looked like the last day of a period (brown coloured- sorry for tmi!) MW is due round today so I'll ask her but I'm guessing I'll be in hospital soon eek!

How exciting Hun. Really hope it's the real thing. Much better than an induction. So excited for you. My advice would be eat and drink as much as you feel you can now. Try stay active, up and down stairs sideways, back massages, bounce on bed.... Basically do everything to encourage baby to keep dropping. Thinning of yu xxx

Any one get any advice on good high chairs, feeding bowls and feeding spoons???

We got what we thought was a good high chair but it's actually hard work!! I will post a pic of it when I go downstairs.

Spoons - look for flatter ones as I have some 'first taste' spoons and we can't get the food out of the dipped bit so food has to be piled on which is hard when sloppy!!

I've not got feeding bowls - just used mine whilst I'm holding it!! Need to get some for when Stevie is more in charge x

How exciting Hun. Really hope it's the real thing. Much better than an induction. So excited for you. My advice would be eat and drink as much as you feel you can now. Try stay active, up and down stairs sideways, back massages, bounce on bed.... Basically do everything to encourage baby to keep dropping. Thinning of yu xxx
Hubby has started with the back massages, I'm in agony with the back pain.
Trying to eat a decent breakfast now whilst I still can, but it's hard. I was midway through a biscuit when I got a contraction and had to out my biscuit down- almost lost it to the dog!!!
Will keep you all posted x

Any one get any advice on good high chairs, feeding bowls and feeding spoons???

I've got a M&P high chair from the Jamboree range. It's got a basket underneath so I keep Cole's highchair toys and wipes in it and it's height adjustable so he can sit with us at the table or the breakfast bar. It's really good, although I've heard a lot of people say the cheapy ones are just as good.

Bowl wise I've got quite a few random ones. You don't need big ones to start with because they don't take much but I've got a couple of the Tommee Tippee weaning bowls that have a spoon in the lid so I can take it out and about, I think I must have got them as presents because I don't remember buying them. Little plastic bowls do just as well though.

image-4114557077.jpg

A lot of the spoons are quite wide so I got these:

image-2613108772.jpg

And then I got this for in a month or so when he can hold and chew it

image-3128758545.jpg

Thanks :) Hubby has started with the back massages, I'm in agony with the back pain. Trying to eat a decent breakfast now whilst I still can, but it's hard. I was midway through a biscuit when I got a contraction and had to out my biscuit down- almost lost it to the dog!!! Will keep you all posted x

Ooh exciting!! Fingers crossed this really is it this time!!x

Back