Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Ours contradict themselves. They say 'wait till 6 months' closely followed by 'at 6 months they should be on 3 meals a day'
How is that possible if you wait till 6 months??

We were over 5 months before starting properly with Stevie but only cos of his allergy.
We did try baby rice and baby porridge at about 14 weeks (though desperation) but it didn't make him any better - that now I know was because he was allergic to milk lol. X

Apparently, which I've only discovered from the booklet they gave me , 6 months is recommended for exclusively bf babies...
To b fair, no one here told me it was. 6 months... It was all Internet researching!!!
É isn't drinking nearly enough bottles this past few days. She's on average 6oz under her daily recommended for her weight. So dunno f I shud slot in a few spoons of baby rice n see from there??
Or it cud b coz it's so warm at the minute
Should I reduce the amount in the feeds she is taking n feed more often??? I don't fecking know !!!
She's only 14 weeks (+4 days) so still quite early for food!
She's still sleeping great. Went to bed at 8:30 n is still sound asleep!!! She's eating every 4 hours still. Just not reaching targets...

My family are yet again driving me insane and I need to rant!!
Firstly I know I have been poorly but Ben is almost 6 weeks old and I am yet to spend a day on my own with him someone is always turning up.
My mum and her sister are the worst. They are always pulling out his dummy as they don't agree with them and trying to get him to suck his thumb which I don't want him to do! Then they see obsessed about how unsettled he is I know I moan about his sleeping but he basically goes 3 hours between feeds and sleeps in 2 hour blocks. I can't increase his feeds because he vomits. My aunt has just emailed me this conversation she has been having with her friend who is a district nurse who has advised me to start putting baby rice in his bottles!!! I don't trust them not to try and do this behind my back so I won't be going for a nap anymore when they come over.
I have told them how I feel and they completely disregard my wishes..... I want to emigrate lol sorry needed a vent xxx

Apparently, which I've only discovered from the booklet they gave me , 6 months is recommended for exclusively bf babies...
To b fair, no one here told me it was. 6 months... It was all Internet researching!!!
É isn't drinking nearly enough bottles this past few days. She's on average 6oz under her daily recommended for her weight. So dunno f I shud slot in a few spoons of baby rice n see from there??
Or it cud b coz it's so warm at the minute
Should I reduce the amount in the feeds she is taking n feed more often??? I don't fecking know !!!
She's only 14 weeks (+4 days) so still quite early for food!
She's still sleeping great. Went to bed at 8:30 n is still sound asleep!!! She's eating every 4 hours still. Just not reaching targets...

It's weird isn't it as in England it's advised that it's 6 months for everyone, or leave it as late as possible anyway! Though my hv did say not many babies get that far. Just follow your mummy instincts. The main thing about waiting til 17 weeks is that their gut is closed so decreases the risk of allergies. Wouldn't worry about the milk. Offer it and if she doesn't want it that's fine as long as she is weeing and pooing ok! How's the baking going? Xx

My family are yet again driving me insane and I need to rant!!
Firstly I know I have been poorly but Ben is almost 6 weeks old and I am yet to spend a day on my own with him someone is always turning up.
My mum and her sister are the worst. They are always pulling out his dummy as they don't agree with them and trying to get him to suck his thumb which I don't want him to do! Then they see obsessed about how unsettled he is I know I moan about his sleeping but he basically goes 3 hours between feeds and sleeps in 2 hour blocks. I can't increase his feeds because he vomits. My aunt has just emailed me this conversation she has been having with her friend who is a district nurse who has advised me to start putting baby rice in his bottles!!! I don't trust them not to try and do this behind my back so I won't be going for a nap anymore when they come over.
I have told them how I feel and they completely disregard my wishes..... I want to emigrate lol sorry needed a vent xxx

Argh that's annoying to me and I don't even see them! Is it worth having a one on one with your mum? And saying you don't trust her and won't be leaving him with her unless she stops messing around and interfering? Hugs hun. Can't be easy. Vent as much as you want! Xx

Ah dear that's not nice for you ksm! Lock
The doors and bolt them if need be go up stairs out of way and just have you and baby time then deny all knowledge. You have just had a baby your hormones and emotions will be up and down they need to back off and be told. Do it over the phone ring your mum and say it's nice you want to call round but can you give me some space for a few days i would like to find my own feet I know you says she's persistent and if need be id get dressed and go out for the day to a friends but you need to get your point across because it will only get worse xxxx big hugs xx

I no its nearly 5 yrs ago but I started lucas on baby rice at 14vlweeks as a bottle jus wasnt cuttin it at bedtime. At 17 weeks we started him with baby food and he did amazin with it.
Everyone is different my brother dint start my niece until she was 21 weeks.

Omg nightmare I wud defo ring ur mum and jus explain u want a day with no visitors.. fair enough first couple of weeks will if been nice but now is the time for u 2 to get into a lil routine on ur own lol!! My MIL was the same always round I once hid upstairs when she came knockin!!!! :p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Haha brilliant I may well lock the doors n hide I'm so glad I didn't give anyone a spare key. Anyway my little man must have known I was feeling glum as he has just treated me to his first real smiles :) love him!

image-1491592102.jpg

image-3084325754.jpg

My family are yet again driving me insane and I need to rant!! Firstly I know I have been poorly but Ben is almost 6 weeks old and I am yet to spend a day on my own with him someone is always turning up. My mum and her sister are the worst. They are always pulling out his dummy as they don't agree with them and trying to get him to suck his thumb which I don't want him to do! Then they see obsessed about how unsettled he is I know I moan about his sleeping but he basically goes 3 hours between feeds and sleeps in 2 hour blocks. I can't increase his feeds because he vomits. My aunt has just emailed me this conversation she has been having with her friend who is a district nurse who has advised me to start putting baby rice in his bottles!!! I don't trust them not to try and do this behind my back so I won't be going for a nap anymore when they come over. I have told them how I feel and they completely disregard my wishes..... I want to emigrate lol sorry needed a vent xxx

God Katie, I would flip!! How dare they take Ben's dummy out. I'm fuming for you. You're his Mummy and you know your baby the best. I'm on a short fuse with stuff like that at the best of times so I think I'd have told them they couldn't come over unless they behaved if I was in your situation. Hope they pack it in soon xx

Lovely smiles bless him xx

How annoying Katie, def try and get it under control before it gets worse!
What gorgeous little smiles!! X

Gosh it would drive me mad!! He is your child!! So what if they dont like dummies. I'm a thumb sucker as my mum took mine off me too early and I do wake occasionally sucking my thumb (*blush!*)

Edit:
Gosh im going to be useless at this party tomorrow... My pelvis is that bad I cannot even walk over 10 meters :( ouchie!!!!!!!!
Been into town. Had to get bus which stops opposite my house and up road abit. Then taxi home! Suppose to be doing a food shop later for the party and I don't think I'm capable of walking around the shop :'(

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

So I was recommended teething granules by a few people.
Went to collect Stevie's milk today and thought if get some...not suitable for children with milk allergies!! :-(

Any other suggestions??

I'm going to order one of those mesh feeders then freeze some fruit for him to chew on... X

So I was recommended teething granules by a few people. Went to collect Stevie's milk today and thought if get some...not suitable for children with milk allergies!! :-( Any other suggestions?? I'm going to order one of those mesh feeders then freeze some fruit for him to chew on... X

I'm not massively convinced by the teething granules. People rate them but they did nothing for Oliver. We have tried the gel. Temporarily works I think

We just used teethin gel.. I put some teethin rattles in the freezer which lucas like t bite
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well ladies I think my waters are leaking!!.

Went to toilet about 5ish as panty liner felt wet. It was... Didn't put another on so could see if my knickers got wet again. They did but only slightly. Changed and just come to the toilet again and they're got a wet patch again. It's not because I'm desperate for the toilet either. So would you say it isy waters+?.

I've a sore achy bump and slight period pains low down but had them few days now x

Well ladies I think my waters are leaking!!. Went to toilet about 5ish as panty liner felt wet. It was... Didn't put another on so could see if my knickers got wet again. They did but only slightly. Changed and just come to the toilet again and they're got a wet patch again. It's not because I'm desperate for the toilet either. So would you say it isy waters+?. I've a sore achy bump and slight period pains low down but had them few days now x Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Ooh how exciting, I can't help u but it sounds like something is happening. Is it two days till ur due date? Xx

Well ladies I think my waters are leaking!!. Went to toilet about 5ish as panty liner felt wet. It was... Didn't put another on so could see if my knickers got wet again. They did but only slightly. Changed and just come to the toilet again and they're got a wet patch again. It's not because I'm desperate for the toilet either. So would you say it isy waters+?. I've a sore achy bump and slight period pains low down but had them few days now x Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

I don't know because I had mine broken but eek, how exciting!! Fingers crossed your baby boy is on his way xx

Yes due on Monday. I'm really in denial as mine were popped with jacob.... Can they trickle like the finest bit?? As it's not been loads the last few hours but my knickers have been wet like when your bursting for the toilet but dribble abit :/ only way to explain it... Hmm!!!! Xx

Yes due on Monday. I'm really in denial as mine were popped with jacob.... Can they trickle like the finest bit?? As it's not been loads the last few hours but my knickers have been wet like when your bursting for the toilet but dribble abit :/ only way to explain it... Hmm!!!! Xx Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

I think they can trickle out yes, from what I've read on google anyway lol. it sounds like he won't keep u waiting that long anyway xx

Back