Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I wish I could trust me but I literally can't, will have to hold out till early Tommorow xx

Your work would be breaking the law by refusing to let you. Plus, like Susie said, the wards are 24/7. There were people coming in the early hours to be checked when I was being induced x

How many weeks are you hun? What work do you do? They have to let you go. They can't stop you. Plus you dont have to wait until tomorrow, you should be able to go to the labour ward at any time you have concerns xx

26 weeks today, I'm a private carer and it's a complicated position as I can't just leave when I want, I have to go on maternity leave as early as possible which is 3 weeks time as it's too much of a physical job to carry on, I'm hoping everything's okay xx

I wouldnt hold off. Call and see if anyone is able to come take over, or be there whilst you pop to hospital. I had reduced movements on Sunday and called about it (also as thought waters were leaking) I had to go in to be monitored. Was put on straight away and also a scan which showed he's moved back to back and that's why I had reduced movements. But it's not worth the risk to wait longer xx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

26 weeks today, I'm a private carer and it's a complicated position as I can't just leave when I want, I have to go on maternity leave as early as possible which is 3 weeks time as it's too much of a physical job to carry on, I'm hoping everything's okay xx

Ok, clearly you are worried which is understandable. Can you ring the labour ward, explain the issue and see what they say? Also I suggest you explain to your employers, and then see if you can get a taxi to the Hosp or get someone to pick you up? Go and get checked and them come back if all is well. X

I still don't know wether To go feel like I would be wasting everyone's time as I can still feel him very slightly? X

I went in at 26 weeks with the same thing and I was checked over. I was told babies still small and sometimes u may not feel them as much! That bein said I would still defo get there as soon as u can hun. Why dnt u call them now sometimes jus speaking to them may help reassure u. And then decide from there what to do
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I still don't know wether To go feel like I would be wasting everyone's time as I can still feel him very slightly? X

They don't think it's wasting their time!! That's why they say and changes in movements should be checked out!

It will put yr mind at ease xxx

Yep go get checked, I did many times and it was never 'a waste of time' reduced movements do happen but always always check! X

Well I'm still pregnant... 4 days over due today.

Starting to get fedup now, and I don't see midwife until the 10th!!

Oh and my health visitor made me laugh. Received a letter today about coming to visit before baby is due etc.. hmm. Well I'm over due already and it's for the 9th June!!! So god knows how they worked that out .

Not wasting time at all that's that they are there for and don't let them tell you otherwise! It's your baby. He/she is precious and Important to you and that's what matters. They get paid to do their job!! Go and see them hun. Let us know how you get on xx

Thanks Frances, I've saved this for later x

Well I'm still pregnant... 4 days over due today.

Starting to get fedup now, and I don't see midwife until the 10th!!

Oh and my health visitor made me laugh. Received a letter today about coming to visit before baby is due etc.. hmm. Well I'm over due already and it's for the 9th June!!! So god knows how they worked that out .

I can sympathise with that feeling.
He must be comfy in there, just like my boy was :) x

Thanks Frances, that's brilliant :)

Well they checked and his heartbeat is fine, did my blood pressure etc, he's moving quite a bit now I've had something to eat and laying down, I think I can calm down a bit now, thanks girls, hope I don't panic this much again lol xxx

Ah that's brilliant!! Definitely worth going and getting checked. Glad everything is ok x

Great. News most of us have had that panic and it's always best to be checked xx

Back