Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I've got sunshine orange baby rice in to start her as loads of ppl hav told me they love it...
Also have some baby porridge and will make up some food maybe next week to freeze... Can't believe É will b 16 weeks on Monday!!!!!!!!!
Only 1 week then til weaning starts

I've got sunshine orange baby rice in to start her as loads of ppl hav told me they love it... Also have some baby porridge and will make up some food maybe next week to freeze... Can't believe É will b 16 weeks on Monday!!!!!!!!! Only 1 week then til weaning starts

Cole has fruity porridge now and he loves it. I think I'm gonna boil him some veg up later and let him chew it himself. Eek!!

Oh me nerves Sarah.... How old (how long weaning) should they be before they get "whole" food?

I think it depends on how they are with the food. Baby led weaning starts with giving them a piece of cooked veg or fruit so they must be able to have it straight away? I think we've done it quite fast but I have a far happier baby. We've got a proper routine now and I think the weaning has definitely helped with his reflux.

I think it depends on how they are with the food. Baby led weaning starts with giving them a piece of cooked veg or fruit so they must be able to have it straight away? I think we've done it quite fast but I have a far happier baby. We've got a proper routine now and I think the weaning has definitely helped with his reflux.
Yea I do think Cole was more than ready for food when ye started him...
Am excited to start Éabha but SO nervous.. And quite sad that she's getting so grown up... I NEED time to slow down.. Am already halfway through my leave... I need to win the lotto so I can give up work and never have to leave my little lady...

Yea I do think Cole was more than ready for food when ye started him... Am excited to start Éabha but SO nervous.. And quite sad that she's getting so grown up... I NEED time to slow down.. Am already halfway through my leave... I need to win the lotto so I can give up work and never have to leave my little lady...

I keep trying to win the Euromillions but no luck yet :( feel sick at the thought of going back.

Girls I need advice I was noshing at my growth scan and everything was on 50th centile apart from the abdominal circumference that was 95th centile I know that's related to gestational diabetes but it says babies head should be biggest and now I'm worried what it means for delivery ? Does anyone know exactly what it means I never thought to ask dr just said your measuring normal but I don't know if he looked at abdo now it's saying you should be on metformin but my blood sugars so far have all been well within range :-/

Girls I need advice I was noshing at my growth scan and everything was on 50th centile apart from the abdominal circumference that was 95th centile I know that's related to gestational diabetes but it says babies head should be biggest and now I'm worried what it means for delivery ? Does anyone know exactly what it means I never thought to ask dr just said your measuring normal but I don't know if he looked at abdo now it's saying you should be on metformin but my blood sugars so far have all been well within range :-/

I wouldn't worry hun, I'm guessing you will have more scans? If so they will keep checking all is well. Their tummies can squash don't worry xx

They told me head or tummy could be bigger than average with GD but they never said anything about what Cole was measuring during my scans so assume everything must have been ok? I wouldn't worry too much Hun, if there was a problem they would have told you, they're really keen with the GD stuff x

He never said anything about it to me I've been on 50th centile for all measurements until the one at 28 weeks il see what next scan is like lol x

Girls I'm so depressed this moment actually holding back tears, had a comment by someone that because I was wearing a top that I used to wear as a dress I must of put loads of weight on :( feel worthless, I've tried to ignore the fact I've put weight on but of of hard when I now have to buy size 16 clothes instead of 10 and I'm just huge, and the worst thing is I've still got ages to go to get even more huge, this is the worst feeling ever.

Girls I'm so depressed this moment actually holding back tears, had a comment by someone that because I was wearing a top that I used to wear as a dress I must of put loads of weight on :( feel worthless, I've tried to ignore the fact I've put weight on but of of hard when I now have to buy size 16 clothes instead of 10 and I'm just huge, and the worst thing is I've still got ages to go to get even more huge, this is the worst feeling ever.

Aww don't listen to those idiots, ur gorgeous and you are carrying ur beautiful baby. U haven't gone up in dress sizes because ur getting fat, it's because ur carrying your growing baby. I understand how u feel as I have put loads of weight on, tried eating healthy n holding back on the treats but it's just gone out of the window. at the end of the day what's a bit of weight compared to the outcome? u can lose whatever u have gained after you've had him :). Chin up xxx

Aww don't listen to those idiots, ur gorgeous and you are carrying ur beautiful baby. U haven't gone up in dress sizes because ur getting fat, it's because ur carrying your growing baby. I understand how u feel as I have put loads of weight on, tried eating healthy n holding back on the treats but it's just gone out of the window. at the end of the day what's a bit of weight compared to the outcome? u can lose whatever u have gained after you've had him :). Chin up xxx
Thanks Hun, the comment was by a bloke so I'm not surprised :/ I'm so glad my oh is supportive and loving towards me otherwise I would be so down, I will defo lose the weight afterwards, feels like a really long journey but will be so worth it when my little man is here :) xx

Things pn a roll for me. Had contractions every half hour or so. Not painful... Went to bed and woke with them about 3am. Regular from 6mins to 3/4mins now....

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Things pn a roll for me. Had contractions every half hour or so. Not painful... Went to bed and woke with them about 3am. Regular from 6mins to 3/4mins now.... Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Eeeeek!!! Good luck lovely. Keep us updates ;) x

Aww that's a shame hun, try not to let it get to you, we all put weight on and change shape, it's unavoidable! As you say your oh is supportive and loving and that's what matters and your end result will be amazing!
Tell you what I did find though, the looser and floatier my clothes, the bigger I looked. Fitted and tight was the way to go-especially t-shirts
etc.
hope you feel better today. Some blokes have no idea. I bet if it was his partner who someone had upset he would be annoyed! X

Exciting keep us posted xx

Aaawww hun! Please dnt let what some silly man said make u upset!! Ur pregnant and yr siza and shape will change my bum in this pregnancy is MASSIVE :mad: but I no soon I will have my baby girl!
Wen baby comes along then the time to start ur diet again. Even tho I try my best to do my best with eatin healthy I still find my self havin more treats than normal.
Plz dnt let this get u dwn I think pregnancy is such a lovely time hun

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back