Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Just wondering what nap's all your little ones have, when and how long? How many hours a day roughly do they sleep? Cole is now doing 11-12 hours at night. He had a 2.5 hour nap 9.30-12pm and he's just gone down for another. Both times he was asleep in less than a minute so must need it? Until now he's just napped in his rocker chair on and off during the day so I've not really had any idea of how much he's slept, plus he's only been going that long through the night for a week or so. The sleep training thing I found online said they need a nap every two hours but not sure if that's newborn.

Well Oliver is not your average baby when it comes to sleep. During the day he generally has 30mins every 3 hours but it doesn't always work out like that. Today for example he got up at 7.30 (after rubbish night) and then he fell asleep at 10.30 in the pushchair and didn't wake til 11.50 then he slept 1.35 to 2.10 in the car. We will try get him to snooze about 4.30ish then in bed about 7.15.

Well Oliver is not your average baby when it comes to sleep. During the day he generally has 30mins every 3 hours but it doesn't always work out like that. Today for example he got up at 7.30 (after rubbish night) and then he fell asleep at 10.30 in the pushchair and didn't wake til 11.50 then he slept 1.35 to 2.10 in the car. We will try get him to snooze about 4.30ish then in bed about 7.15.

That's what Cole was like so I'm clueless when it comes to having a 'good' sleeper. I'm still in shock that he's gone down twice in his cot with no rocking!! My sister just said my nephew went 12 hours at night, had a two hour nap in the morning then a three hour nap in the afternoon, sometimes four!! That's the dream. Haha x

Thomas has an hour after his first morning feed then about 3 30 min naps through the day, used to sleep well more! Lol

Hey I plan to try to express after birth but i will be buying a few of the starter boxes just incase. But how far in advanced can i sterilise a few bottles and expresser to put in my hospital bag ?

Not too sure but if I've had a bottle sitting out the steriliser for over a day I normally sterilise again. Can you see if the hospital has one? X

Since going through the night Bella has had 4x 30 min (roughly) naps a day. This week though she has been waking up earlier and having a longer nap in the morning. My sister says she will soon start napping longer and end up having 2 long naps a day (can't wait!) she's rarely awake for more than 2 hours without being very grumpy!!! x

Not too sure but if I've had a bottle sitting out the steriliser for over a day I normally sterilise again. Can you see if the hospital has one? X

I do the same. I think I read somewhere in the beginning that they are sterile for 24 hours x

Hey I plan to try to express after birth but i will be buying a few of the starter boxes just incase. But how far in advanced can i sterilise a few bottles and expresser to put in my hospital bag ?

I believe if the bottle is sterilised and lid on etc then it stays sterilised but I always make sure everything re sterilised before using x

Thomas has an hour after his first morning feed then about 3 30 min naps through the day, used to sleep well more! Lol

Hopefully he'll go back to how he used to sleep for you :) x

Since going through the night Bella has had 4x 30 min (roughly) naps a day. This week though she has been waking up earlier and having a longer nap in the morning. My sister says she will soon start napping longer and end up having 2 long naps a day (can't wait!) she's rarely awake for more than 2 hours without being very grumpy!!! x

Cole seems to have a two hour morning nap and an hour afternoon one. Sometimes he'll have a catnap if he's in his pushchair or the car but only if he's been in it a while. I just want to make sure he gets enough naps but I don't want to force him into having them x

Can any one help?!

If anyone has seen or comes across a cotbed bedding set that has either owls on or just plain lilac or beige please let me know, im getting quite stressed!

They all either have bears or characters on which wont match. Theres an odd one on ebay close to £70 didnt really want to pay that much as its pretty much just for show for her room, then the bumpers come off when she is big enough for the cot . Thanks

Can any one help?!

If anyone has seen or comes across a cotbed bedding set that has either owls on or just plain lilac or beige please let me know, im getting quite stressed!

They all either have bears or characters on which wont match. Theres an odd one on ebay close to £70 didnt really want to pay that much as its pretty much just for show for her room, then the bumpers come off when she is big enough for the cot . Thanks

I saw one with a giraffe and an owl on it but was much more focused on the giraffe. It was either in littlewoods or mothercare.

Can any one help?! If anyone has seen or comes across a cotbed bedding set that has either owls on or just plain lilac or beige please let me know, im getting quite stressed! They all either have bears or characters on which wont match. Theres an odd one on ebay close to £70 didnt really want to pay that much as its pretty much just for show for her room, then the bumpers come off when she is big enough for the cot . Thanks

If your on Facebook have a look at 'just for tiny people' I know she does toddler bedding I'm not sure if she does cot bedding may be worth asking though x

Thanks will have a look didnt think of little woods either. After stressing all day about it i realised the cod bed has solid wood top and bottom so no where to put a bumper. If i cant find anything i will just get an owl patchwork blanket or lilac flat sheet just for presentation purposes ha ha . X

Ladies who have had their babies, how long did it take for your periods to return?

I've never really had periods with my PCOS but I got one in April (3.5 months after Cole was born) then one in May (nearly passed out in shock at two in two months!!). Still waiting for June's....x

Ladies who have had their babies, how long did it take for your periods to return?

I got my first one when Bella was 10 weeks old and since then they have been 28 days apart so now back to normal x

I need some advice-
Oliver currently has 6x 5oz bottles a day and the last 2 days he's been really unsettled in the afternoons/evenings.
At first we thought colic so been trying all sorts of things but we now think it's hunger.
When we first put him on 5oz bottles he didn't always finish it all, whereas now he drains the bottle and keeps sucking until you literally have to pull the teat out of his mouth!!
So we want to up his bottles to 6oz- I'm just worried it's too much milk for a 3/4 week old and that he'll bring it all up?
He weighs at least 10lbs now as he was 9lbs 14oz almost 2 weeks old so he needs it.
Any thoughts? X

I need some advice- Oliver currently has 6x 5oz bottles a day and the last 2 days he's been really unsettled in the afternoons/evenings. At first we thought colic so been trying all sorts of things but we now think it's hunger. When we first put him on 5oz bottles he didn't always finish it all, whereas now he drains the bottle and keeps sucking until you literally have to pull the teat out of his mouth!! So we want to up his bottles to 6oz- I'm just worried it's too much milk for a 3/4 week old and that he'll bring it all up? He weighs at least 10lbs now as he was 9lbs 14oz almost 2 weeks old so he needs it. Any thoughts? X

I'd say if he wants it give him it. Cole went up like that really quick too. If he starts bringing the extra back then at least you know but personally I'd up his bottles to 6oz x

Back