Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I'd say if he wants it give him it. Cole went up like that really quick too. If he starts bringing the extra back then at least you know but personally I'd up his bottles to 6oz x
Yeh I think for our own sanity we'll do it!
When he went up from 4 to 5 he would sometimes bring the extra up but literally within 2 days he was drinking it all! X

Ladies who have had their babies, how long did it take for your periods to return?
3 months for me...
I need some advice-
Oliver currently has 6x 5oz bottles a day and the last 2 days he's been really unsettled in the afternoons/evenings.
At first we thought colic so been trying all sorts of things but we now think it's hunger.
When we first put him on 5oz bottles he didn't always finish it all, whereas now he drains the bottle and keeps sucking until you literally have to pull the teat out of his mouth!!
So we want to up his bottles to 6oz- I'm just worried it's too much milk for a 3/4 week old and that he'll bring it all up?
He weighs at least 10lbs now as he was 9lbs 14oz almost 2 weeks old so he needs it.
Any thoughts? X
Personally if he wants more, i'd give him more...
No box or guide can tell you he's getting enough coz that's the "average"... If he's hungry, he's hungry...
It could also be that he's going through a little growth spurt where all he'll do is eat eat eat and then go back to smaller bottles..
:) x

Feeling awful....
The day of the Christening when changing Éabha's bum, for convenience I was using wipes...
Realised how much less hassle it was to use them so carried on.. After about a week of using them I could see the skin on her bum had changed.. No sign of rash or anything.. Just wasn't "the same".....
Then yesterday she started showing signs of getting a sore bum :( Straight away went back to water n cotton wool n put vaseline and caldesin (sp?) spray on and its completely cleared now... Feel so bad for putting convenience over her little bum :(

Feeling awful.... The day of the Christening when changing Éabha's bum, for convenience I was using wipes... Realised how much less hassle it was to use them so carried on.. After about a week of using them I could see the skin on her bum had changed.. No sign of rash or anything.. Just wasn't "the same"..... Then yesterday she started showing signs of getting a sore bum :( Straight away went back to water n cotton wool n put vaseline and caldesin (sp?) spray on and its completely cleared now... Feel so bad for putting convenience over her little bum :(

You couldn't know it would do that Hun. I use wipes and Cole has only ever had a sore bum once and that's when his poo started to 'harden' with him being on three feeds a day. But a I used metanium and water and cotton wool until it cleared up then went back to wipes and his bum has been fine ever since. Maybe the ones you used didn't agree with her skin?

You couldn't know it would do that Hun. I use wipes and Cole has only ever had a sore bum once and that's when his poo started to 'harden' with him being on three feeds a day. But a I used metanium and water and cotton wool until it cleared up then went back to wipes and his bum has been fine ever since. Maybe the ones you used didn't agree with her skin?
I've only used water wipes... So don't think I can get anything less harsh than that...
Feel terrible.. saying that she is pooing an awful lot more than ever as well so am sure its a mixture of things...
I'll use wipes still when out n about but when am home its water n cotton wool for definite.. (No doubt J won't listen to this rule though... lol)

I've only used water wipes... So don't think I can get anything less harsh than that... Feel terrible.. saying that she is pooing an awful lot more than ever as well so am sure its a mixture of things... I'll use wipes still when out n about but when am home its water n cotton wool for definite.. (No doubt J won't listen to this rule though... lol)

Chances are hun it's just one of those things, especially if her poo is changed as well. Don't feel bad xx

Right ladies, a little advice needed please.
I have always had a bit of a 'tummy' (or little pot belly if you like, just under my tummy button) it's just one of those things I've accepted, it's always been there, my mum has it, so does my sister. Never minded too much. Until now. I am happy to accept my body is different to before, I've got loads of stretch marks and still have my tummy (though now I have a reason for it) but my issue now is I have (and this sounds yuk I can barely bring myself to type it) a flap/fold of skin either side of my tummy. It's horrible. There is no substance to it, it's just stretchy skin, courtesy of my 2 week overdue 9lb 4oz baby.
Is there anything I can do to get rid of it? If I wear tight leggings etc you can see it a little bit where it starts around my hip bones almost, and although I always wear tops etc to cover it I know it's there. It's even worse when I sit down, and when I sit down, that combined with my tummy looks vile.
Know I need to do more exercise anyway but will that help the skin? I weigh less now than I did before I got pregnant and am hoping to be less still eventually but I'm concerned I'm going to be left with this skin hanging around.......any ideas? X

Right ladies, a little advice needed please. I have always had a bit of a 'tummy' (or little pot belly if you like, just under my tummy button) it's just one of those things I've accepted, it's always been there, my mum has it, so does my sister. Never minded too much. Until now. I am happy to accept my body is different to before, I've got loads of stretch marks and still have my tummy (though now I have a reason for it) but my issue now is I have (and this sounds yuk I can barely bring myself to type it) a flap/fold of skin either side of my tummy. It's horrible. There is no substance to it, it's just stretchy skin, courtesy of my 2 week overdue 9lb 4oz baby. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it? If I wear tight leggings etc you can see it a little bit where it starts around my hip bones almost, and although I always wear tops etc to cover it I know it's there. It's even worse when I sit down, and when I sit down, that combined with my tummy looks vile. Know I need to do more exercise anyway but will that help the skin? I weigh less now than I did before I got pregnant and am hoping to be less still eventually but I'm concerned I'm going to be left with this skin hanging around.......any ideas? X

I can't answer your question but I'm interested to find out if anyone has any suggestions as it sounds exactly like mine!! I've always had a fat tummy but those bits have appeared since I gave birth. Cole was 7lb 12oz and 6 days early so maybe it's just one of those things? Hate mine though x

I have those bits too...almost near your hips aren't they? Bit like a V?? At the moment I'm living with them - and the saggy bit of skin right at the bottom of my tummy (just above my bits) - including my bad stretchmarks on the bottom of my tummy and also on my Va-J-J!!! (Would you believe my mini has stretchmarks ffs!!!!) UNTIL I get to my goal weight. I've been told all of these bits will improve with exercise, as toning the muscle underneath this skin will really help - I'm told anyway. I'd be interested to see how it all looks once I've toned it up a bit more.

So... maybe exercise hun?? For quick toning I can highly recommend the kettleworx program. x3 20 minute sessions a week that you can do from home x Can lose inches really quickly and is quite effective x

I have those bits too...almost near your hips aren't they? Bit like a V?? At the moment I'm living with them - and the saggy bit of skin right at the bottom of my tummy (just above my bits) - including my bad stretchmarks on the bottom of my tummy and also on my Va-J-J!!! (Would you believe my mini has stretchmarks ffs!!!!) UNTIL I get to my goal weight. I've been told all of these bits will improve with exercise, as toning the muscle underneath this skin will really help - I'm told anyway. I'd be interested to see how it all looks once I've toned it up a bit more. So... maybe exercise hun?? For quick toning I can highly recommend the kettleworx program. x3 20 minute sessions a week that you can do from home x Can lose inches really quickly and is quite effective x

Might have a look at that if the shred doesn't work! I felt it was I just need to get back into it. Though those bits were still there but maybe I didn't give it long enough. I've got some bio-oil I might try as well. Xx

I can't answer your question but I'm interested to find out if anyone has any suggestions as it sounds exactly like mine!! I've always had a fat tummy but those bits have appeared since I gave birth. Cole was 7lb 12oz and 6 days early so maybe it's just one of those things? Hate mine though x

Maybe so hun but I hope not! Otherwise it doesn't matter how slim I get I will never be wearing a bikini! Bin bags all the way! X

I need some advice- Oliver currently has 6x 5oz bottles a day and the last 2 days he's been really unsettled in the afternoons/evenings. At first we thought colic so been trying all sorts of things but we now think it's hunger. When we first put him on 5oz bottles he didn't always finish it all, whereas now he drains the bottle and keeps sucking until you literally have to pull the teat out of his mouth!! So we want to up his bottles to 6oz- I'm just worried it's too much milk for a 3/4 week old and that he'll bring it all up? He weighs at least 10lbs now as he was 9lbs 14oz almost 2 weeks old so he needs it. Any thoughts? X

My HV told me if baby is leaving an ounce or less in the bottle to increase the feed, so I would up it x

Might have a look at that if the shred doesn't work! I felt it was I just need to get back into it. Though those bits were still there but maybe I didn't give it long enough. I've got some bio-oil I might try as well. Xx

I have a feeling mine are going to take a while to sort. My stretch marks are bad :( x they arent red anymore (more of a browny/tan colour now - same colour as my linea nigra line thing) but they are so so deep. My skin on the bottom of my tummy almost looks like I have a hundred scars on it. I'll have to take a pic and show you! I think thats all part of being in the 2 weeks overdue with a big baby club!! :(

hopefully for the both of us it will sort with exercise. I'd love to fast forward time and see if another 2 and a half stone off for me will make a difference!! x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Right ladies, a little advice needed please. I have always had a bit of a 'tummy' (or little pot belly if you like, just under my tummy button) it's just one of those things I've accepted, it's always been there, my mum has it, so does my sister. Never minded too much. Until now. I am happy to accept my body is different to before, I've got loads of stretch marks and still have my tummy (though now I have a reason for it) but my issue now is I have (and this sounds yuk I can barely bring myself to type it) a flap/fold of skin either side of my tummy. It's horrible. There is no substance to it, it's just stretchy skin, courtesy of my 2 week overdue 9lb 4oz baby. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it? If I wear tight leggings etc you can see it a little bit where it starts around my hip bones almost, and although I always wear tops etc to cover it I know it's there. It's even worse when I sit down, and when I sit down, that combined with my tummy looks vile. Know I need to do more exercise anyway but will that help the skin? I weigh less now than I did before I got pregnant and am hoping to be less still eventually but I'm concerned I'm going to be left with this skin hanging around.......any ideas? X

I have those bits too. In fact I now have like an overhang. I'm hoping if I lose weight that that will reduce but I don't think I'll ever be in a bikini, knowing my luck time I get down to a decent size, I'll full pregnant and start all over again,

Oh and Jess I also have stretch marks down below. Quite bad ones in fact :(

X

I have those bits too. In fact I now have like an overhang. I'm hoping if I lose weight that that will reduce but I don't think I'll ever be in a bikini, knowing my luck time I get down to a decent size, I'll full pregnant and start all over again,

Oh and Jess I also have stretch marks down below. Quite bad ones in fact :(

X

braving it and showing you all. here are mine. They actually look more faded in the pic than in real life.

they are very deep though...thats my main issue with them!

I've pulled my trousers down quite low aswell and they carry on right down as well!! For someone who likes a wax down there usually, im not so fecking sure anymore!!!

cheers Amelia lol xx :(

Attachments

• 1403292078691.jpg
    1403292078691.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 81
god...they actually look 10x better in the pic than in real life :/ x

When do i get that line down my belly? X

mine was there from about 12wks on the bottom half of my tummy...v v faint though. Didnt get a bit darker til towards the end where the top half of my bump got it too.x some people dont get it tho hun x

I also got the popped out belly button!! x

braving it and showing you all. here are mine. They actually look more faded in the pic than in real life. they are very deep though...thats my main issue with them! I've pulled my trousers down quite low aswell and they carry on right down as well!! For someone who likes a wax down there usually, im not so fecking sure anymore!!! cheers Amelia lol xx :( Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Mine are just like that too, right at the bottom. And I have some on my bits but they're covered. You'd only see them if it ALL came off. And it all doesn't so they're hidden ;) To be honest a lot of mine are pre pregnancy, years of yo to dieting caused them xx

When do i get that line down my belly? X

I never got it. I didn't get a sticky out belly button either, I was gutted! Haha x

Back