Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Hey ladies, I've had a sweep done today at my hospital appointment. She said my cervix was slightly open n was really soft so I'm hoping it works :) xx

Ooh fingers crossed!x

Thanks for advise on the rhesus blood letter i got.

There was no problems just the sample they took clotted and needed re doing as they couldn't test it. Also my blood group is positive so it wouldn't matter anyway if our bloods mixed.

I told her the letter was not clear and all a bit cruel she agreed that it could be in more detail and will take it to the office monday and sorry that i worried . I nearly cried think i was more angry that i didnt need to go in and i panicked for nothing ha ha x

Just got my mum to be bounty pack, did any one send away for the things with gift certificates, car seat cover, nursing cover, nursing pillow etc? Are they really free or is there a catch? X

Hey ladies, not in labour as of yet :-(. I'm not sure whether I have had a show or not, I've been having brownish dishcharge today. Did any of you get this? Xx

Girls on stat maternity pay, could I ask what your monthly take home is? Mines not quite as much as I expected...
I will understand if nobody answers as I know it's a private subject. Just thought if ask before I properly investigate! x

Girls on stat maternity pay, could I ask what your monthly take home is? Mines not quite as much as I expected... I will understand if nobody answers as I know it's a private subject. Just thought if ask before I properly investigate! x

I haven't got mine as of yet but think it's 138£ a wk x

Hey ladies, not in labour as of yet :-(. I'm not sure whether I have had a show or not, I've been having brownish dishcharge today. Did any of you get this? Xx

Hey Kez, I did for a couple of days before. Shouldn't be long for you now :) x

Girls on stat maternity pay, could I ask what your monthly take home is? Mines not quite as much as I expected... I will understand if nobody answers as I know it's a private subject. Just thought if ask before I properly investigate! x

Like Kez said it's £138 a week but I'm still getting full pay as I have a very generous employer so my take home pay is very high x

I get paid monthly so I can't figure it out with the weekly amount. Numbers aren't my thing!! In May I got almost £700 but I think I had a couple of days of my maternity from work too. In June I got £594 which was a bit more than I expected. A friend told me she got about £530 ish so not totally sure if I'm honest. Not much help really am I?! ;) x

Ate the birthing balls just the normal gym balls? They have them for £7.50 in primark was wondering if its the same thing and worth getting one? X

Ate the birthing balls just the normal gym balls? They have them for £7.50 in primark was wondering if its the same thing and worth getting one? X

Yes just gym balls x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

I get paid monthly so I can't figure it out with the weekly amount. Numbers aren't my thing!! In May I got almost £700 but I think I had a couple of days of my maternity from work too. In June I got £594 which was a bit more than I expected. A friend told me she got about £530 ish so not totally sure if I'm honest. Not much help really am I?! ;) x

See I also get paid monthly and for the last 2 months I've received £552 which is 4x£138 so if may and June were 4 week months (I will need to check) then that's right. Although the month before I got £685 (Aprils pay) :-/
I've never been one for numbers either and I'm a 100 times worse since being oh mat leave ;)

Ate the birthing balls just the normal gym balls? They have them for £7.50 in primark was wondering if its the same thing and worth getting one? X[/QUOTE
They are usually bigger and have different materials so that if they burst they don't collapse straight away... But you could use a gym ball I'm sure x

See I also get paid monthly and for the last 2 months I've received £552 which is 4x£138 so if may and June were 4 week months (I will need to check) then that's right. Although the month before I got £685 (Aprils pay) :-/ I've never been one for numbers either and I'm a 100 times worse since being oh mat leave ;)

My work did it on days. I got like a predicted earnings things and it said how many days per month I'd be paid omp then how many days per month I'd get smp etc. It's confusing. X

Mines the same as yours but I think my SMP is about £550 it does depend on days in the month xx

Mines the same as yours but I think my SMP is about £550 it does depend on days in the month xx

Do you just get smp Katie? Or occupational as well?

I'm no use I'm afraid nelly as I was able to average all of mine across the time I had off so it was roughly the same each month. I too got a complex calculation but didn't understand it xx

No I get omp too, I did the same as you and have had it averaged over a year xxx

Well I think I've been having contractions roughly ten mins apart from 2 this morning! Pains are bearable at the mo. xx

Eeeek
Exciting, good luck try and go with the contractions, relax breathe and keep moving :) xxx

Back