Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

What a beauty congratulations xx

Hey ladies, well I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl Mia at 6.45 this morning weighing 6.12oz. 3 days over due.

everything ran pretty smooth with the labour right up until pushing. Mia had the cord wrapped round her neck so every time I pushed her heart rate would drop. They then went on to try the suction cap ( bloody killed) no joy with that. Then went on to theatre as they thought they would have to perform a c- section. They went on to try the forceps which thankfully worked. c- section could have been tricky for me with having scar edesians ect with previous op. Poor little thing has a head shaped like a cone at the mo but that will obv go down. Here is my princess ..

Wow congratulations hun! So tiny too, thought we were all popping big babies out ;) lol.
See poor thing to forceps too, I had that with my first, Jacob. It's awful how swollen and miss shaped their heads are afterwards but luckily does down pretty fast.

Enjoy your little one! Time goes by too fast xxx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Hey ladies... After yesterday of having to top Connor up after every feed I upped his bottles to 4oz.
Well he's been having 4oz every 2-3 hours! In knackered lol. Would you consider this been a growth spurt or more of hungry baby? :? X

Edit- He takes like half hour to finish a bottle too

Hey ladies... After yesterday of having to top Connor up after every feed I upped his bottles to 4oz. Well he's been having 4oz every 2-3 hours! In knackered lol. Would you consider this been a growth spurt or more of hungry baby? :? X Edit- He takes like half hour to finish a bottle too Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Probably growth spurt Jess, you will soon know as he will likely settle down soon. Hope it's a quick one! Xx

Probably growth spurt Jess, you will soon know as he will likely settle down soon. Hope it's a quick one! Xx

Yeah I was thinking that as he's not guzzling his bottle really fast as if he's starving. But yesterday I had to keep topping up with another oz or more so last night I've done 4oz bottles which he's had all of. But it's 2-3hours not longer as which id of hoped!! Lol. Xx

This is exactly what Ben did so I kept upping the bottles but he still never goes longer than 3 hours max is usual is 2.5 which is quite annoying lol!! Xx

This is exactly what Ben did so I kept upping the bottles but he still never goes longer than 3 hours max is usual is 2.5 which is quite annoying lol!! Xx

Cole was exactly to same. He started going 3 hours when we put him on Hungry Baby and started going 4 hours when we started weaning him. Weaning was like a miracle worker!! ;-) xx

I think 4weeks on Sunday is still too young for weaning ;) lol. But I just hope he starts going longer between feeds soon! X

I think 4weeks on Sunday is still too young for weaning ;) lol. But I just hope he starts going longer between feeds soon! X Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Haha definitely is!! I'm sure he'll settle into a kind of routine for you. X

My Oliver is 5 weeks old and goes roughly 3 hours between feeds, sometimes 4. He does take 5oz at a time and has polished off a couple of 6oz bottles in the last few days!
I would gave thought upping the amount, provided they want it of course, would help him go longer between feeds??

Yeah I'm so glad he got out of the awful oz a hour feeds! Gosh they killed me on the night as it took about 15mins to drink, change etc and by time I start to fall asleep he wanted topping up lol. But I'm glad he atleast goes 3 hours sometimes! X

Girls... Do you give your babies Rusks???
I bought a box at the recommendation of a friend but have just now looked at the NI... In just 1 rusk, there is 4.5g of sugar!!!
Not sure she'll be having them now... :-/

My mum and I had this discussion yesterday. They do reduced sugar ones which I'm going to give Rebecca as every child in my family has had rusks and are fine. It does seen like a lot of sugar though xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

My mum and I had this discussion yesterday. They do reduced sugar ones which I'm going to give Rebecca as every child in my family has had rusks and are fine. It does seen like a lot of sugar though xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app
Ah I know they wouldn't harm her.. Its her weight n teeth am concerned about.. I clearly have the "fat gene" so have to watch her with that and i'm obsessed with teeth n sugar contents...
Am shocked at how much sugar they contain

I bought some when we were starting cos that's what everyone has right?!? And I got the reduced sugar ones. And was still gobsmacked at how much sugar there was. That said I figured now and again wouldn't hurt. But she hated them. Wouldn't touch them. So I ate them as I love rusks and haven't bought any since! She did like the Heinz biscotti things though.

I bought some when we were starting cos that's what everyone has right?!? And I got the reduced sugar ones. And was still gobsmacked at how much sugar there was. That said I figured now and again wouldn't hurt. But she hated them. Wouldn't touch them. So I ate them as I love rusks and haven't bought any since! She did like the Heinz biscotti things though.

Was always liga here that everyone had. Risks weren't too popular. Bit I LOVE liga so didn't get them lol

Back