Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I bought them for Cole when we started weaning in May and he's had two halves out of the box. He prefers the Ella's kitchen vanilla cookies and the Heinz Biscotti. Mummy is going to point the Rusks ;)

Oliver has a cold :( :(
Is there anything at all I can give to an almost 6 week old??
Any tips that could help? X

Urgh went t the doctors this week my bp is low!! They were so worried at the start of this pregnancy it wud b high coz it was with lucas.
I went coz I started getting headaches then t b told my bp is low..so gotta take paracetamol and drink full fat lemonade and salt!!!!! It isnt workin my headaches are still as bad and all I wanna do is cry :(. I dint wanna take paracetamol at first but like my doctor said make ur life easier by takin them!
I have a growth scan tomorrow and my consultant appointment tuesday so I will have t mention it. I dnt wanna b hospitalised tho and im startin t worry its lucas sports day wednesday and his an elephant in the school play friday I cnt miss this stuff but I also cnt handle these headaches defo not for 5 weeks!!

Feelin a bit fed up today :-(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oliver has a cold :( :(
Is there anything at all I can give to an almost 6 week old??
Any tips that could help? X

Has he got a cough as well luv? Lucas wud often (and still does!!) get colds and coughs alot.
I used t let him sleep in the car seat or bouncy chair more often as he wud find it easier.
Also puttin him in a steamy room would help as well!
I think u can get some vapour plug ins as well that clears there chest xx

Sammie try a little bit of caffeine when you get a headache, obviously don't over do it but either a full fat coke or a coffee may help xx

Has he got a cough as well luv? Lucas wud often (and still does!!) get colds and coughs alot.
I used t let him sleep in the car seat or bouncy chair more often as he wud find it easier.
Also puttin him in a steamy room would help as well!
I think u can get some vapour plug ins as well that clears there chest xx

Yeh a cough and he's sneezing a lot too. Sounds all snuffly :(
Yeh think we will go with the bouncy chair, he loves it anyway and if it helps him, all the better!
I shall pop to Tesco later for a vapour plug too.
Thanks xx

I got a lot of headaches and migraines when I was pregnant. I would have a can of full fat coke and I also used the 4head sticks and those migraine patches which worked wonders. I also found they were worse if I had my hair up so I'd take my bobble out which sometimes eased it x

Yeh a cough and he's sneezing a lot too. Sounds all snuffly :( Yeh think we will go with the bouncy chair, he loves it anyway and if it helps him, all the better! I shall pop to Tesco later for a vapour plug too. Thanks xx

You can put baby olbas on muslin or a bib near him. Tilt his crib upwards. Snufflebaby or baby Vic's on his feet. Sit in the bathroom with him after a steamy shower.

Hope he gets better soon xxx

Urgh went t the doctors this week my bp is low!! They were so worried at the start of this pregnancy it wud b high coz it was with lucas. I went coz I started getting headaches then t b told my bp is low..so gotta take paracetamol and drink full fat lemonade and salt!!!!! It isnt workin my headaches are still as bad and all I wanna do is cry :(. I dint wanna take paracetamol at first but like my doctor said make ur life easier by takin them! I have a growth scan tomorrow and my consultant appointment tuesday so I will have t mention it. I dnt wanna b hospitalised tho and im startin t worry its lucas sports day wednesday and his an elephant in the school play friday I cnt miss this stuff but I also cnt handle these headaches defo not for 5 weeks!! Feelin a bit fed up today :-( Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Are you getting enough sleep hun? I realise that sound like a stupid question considering you're 35weeks but I felt awful and really headachy if I hadn't slept enough. I didn't sleep that great at night towards the end but once Benn had got up and gone to work at about half seven I would get up, make breakfast and take it back to bed then often sleep til gone eleven. Then sometimes would doze off in the afternoon. So if you can fit in more sleep try that? Plus I found drinking loads of water helped as well. I had awful heartburn and I could only drink water. Squash/juice/tea made it worse so by the end I was drinking 3L a day I was so thirsty. And I kept a bottle by my bed at night as well as I would wake up thirsty.
Hope you fee better soon xx
Just a thought, what is your blood pressure? Numbers wise? X

You can put baby olbas on muslin or a bib near him. Tilt his crib upwards. Snufflebaby or baby Vic's on his feet. Sit in the bathroom with him after a steamy shower.

Hope he gets better soon xxx
Yep got some baby oblas and baby Vic's plus a vapour plug in and a nasal spray too so hoping it all works!

Thanks xx

Has anyone ever used Calpol on their little ones before they were 2 months old? And is there any cough syrups a 6 week old can have?? X

Has anyone ever used Calpol on their little ones before they were 2 months old? And is there any cough syrups a 6 week old can have?? X

Used calpol a couple days before Oliver's 2 month bday. Sorry don't know about cough syrups. Guessing not sadly :(

Same here, used it after his 8 week jabs but that was it.

Hmmm I did guess I was clutching at straws really... Hate to see him suffering :(
Think we'll visit the GP tomorrow if he's no better, poor little mite x

HVe you tried saline drops to help his nose. Oliver had a cold at about 5 weeks and it was horrible :( xx
yeh got saline drops, they seem to be helping but he's also got a bit of a cough too and he wakes himself up with either a sneezing or coughing fit and then can't get back to sleep :(
He's really clingy too, he's normally quite happy in his chair entertaining himself while I do stuff in the kitchen but today he wants cuddles!
This is where the sling has come in handy, it's blooming heavy but he's happy and I can get stuff done. Win win! Xx

Dougal you can get aniseed & glycerine in the chemist.. Dip his soother in.. It'll sooth his throat.. There's nothing "medical" in it so can be used at any age.. Will coat his little throat n soothe it...
É was closer to 4 months when I first used Calpol.. Thankfully (touching wood) all I've had to use it for has been teething pain.. She's not had any illnesses..

Back