Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Yeah not nice :( don't know if it's from the other nappies or not. But in next size now and it's further out than these so shouldn't get irritated x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Poor baby it's hard to see where this, is it covered by the nappy?
It could be allergic reaction to the nappies or part of having eczema/ sensitive skin.
Try changing the nappy every hour, wiping with cotton wool and water allowing to air dry when possible then applying a barrier cream. It may be that he needs a prescription for an anti fungal if it doesn't clear up or even an anti fungal with steroid. Hope it gets better in the new nappies xx

Those with older babies just out of interest what age did you start weaning? I know they say 6 months but just wondered if anyone started earlier.. Ruby's obviously a while off yet but just thinking ahead xx

I thought we would wait till 6 months but for the last week we've been giving Thomas baby porridge, started when he was 5 months xx

Poor baby it's hard to see where this, is it covered by the nappy?
It could be allergic reaction to the nappies or part of having eczema/ sensitive skin.
Try changing the nappy every hour, wiping with cotton wool and water allowing to air dry when possible then applying a barrier cream. It may be that he needs a prescription for an anti fungal if it doesn't clear up or even an anti fungal with steroid. Hope it gets better in the new nappies xx
Thanks, I've also swapped nappies too! X

Those with older babies just out of interest what age did you start weaning? I know they say 6 months but just wondered if anyone started earlier.. Ruby's obviously a while off yet but just thinking ahead xx

The advice is 6 months but every baby is different. Certainly they say no less than 17weeks as their gut isn't closed and you risk increasing their chance of developing allergies. We started at just over 5months when she shoved a sausage in her mouth! See how you go. The main thing to watch for is if you keep feeding them more and more and more milk and they just aren't satisfied (or start eating stuff on their own). Xx

Jacob was 4 month I think with a rusk as that's what age it said on box. X

Jess- Oliver had some sores to start with, think it was also the nappies as we went up a size and he was fine.
Found that Metanium (yellow tube) was fab for clearing up his rash and then using Metanium (white tube) to prevent it coming back!
And it could be the brand of nappies- we found Pampers, Tesco, Asda and Aldi all leaked and gave him a rash so we use Waitrose and they are fab!
Plus we are now on size 3 :eek: my boy is growing up too fast!!! X

We started Cole at 17 weeks on baby rice and porridge but then stopped him after a week or so as we thought that was causing his crying at bedtime but turned out to be reflux. So we started him again at 20 weeks. He's now on 3 meals a day (sometimes 4 if he has supper) and 4 bottles (7am, 11am, 3pm & 7pm). He was ready for food, he was chewing when we did, ramming spoons in his mouth and practically taking ours off us. Plus he went from a bottle every three hours to one every two hours which was getting too much. X

Cole's room is 28 degrees!! Help!! We've had a blackout blind at the window all day as they say to keep curtains closed to stop the heat. His room is at the front of the house which is always cooler anyway as the sun is at the back. I've put him to bed in just a vest and he's got a cellular blanket over his legs. I've felt the back of his neck and it's not clammy or anything but my Gro egg is practically screaming at me. Haha. I've also opened his door and put a fan outside his door so it's blowing air into the room but nowhere near him.

Cole's room is 28 degrees!! Help!! We've had a blackout blind at the window all day as they say to keep curtains closed to stop the heat. His room is at the front of the house which is always cooler anyway as the sun is at the back. I've put him to bed in just a vest and he's got a cellular blanket over his legs. I've felt the back of his neck and it's not clammy or anything but my Gro egg is practically screaming at me. Haha. I've also opened his door and put a fan outside his door so it's blowing air into the room but nowhere near him.

Same here same here. In fact ours says 29 degrees. I don't know what to do either. Oliver has been sleeping in just a vest for weeks anyway. He has finally gone to sleep but not nice for him surely :(

Same here same here. In fact ours says 29 degrees. I don't know what to do either. Oliver has been sleeping in just a vest for weeks anyway. He has finally gone to sleep but not nice for him surely :(

Cole's been in thin sleepsuits until this week but it's got too hot for that. His room is never less than 23 degrees but I wouldn't like to sleep in a room that hot, I have the fan blasting on me all night. We need to shut his door when we go to bed because the light from the landing window will wake him up in the morning but I'm worried it'll make the room too hot. It's now jumping between 26 and 28 degrees so hoping the fan is cooking it down a bit and it'll drop some more in the next two hours.

Cole's been in thin sleepsuits until this week but it's got too hot for that. His room is never less than 23 degrees but I wouldn't like to sleep in a room that hot, I have the fan blasting on me all night. We need to shut his door when we go to bed because the light from the landing window will wake him up in the morning but I'm worried it'll make the room too hot. It's now jumping between 26 and 28 degrees so hoping the fan is cooking it down a bit and it'll drop some more in the next two hours.

We have the fan on too. I'm in our room and it's toasty in here too. Oliver is in his gro bag because if I don't he plays with his toes all the time... But If he wakes upset and sweaty then think I'll have to get rid of it. Love the sun but not so much when you have a bubba :( hope Cole manages to sleep ok x

We have the fan on too. I'm in our room and it's toasty in here too. Oliver is in his gro bag because if I don't he plays with his toes all the time... But If he wakes upset and sweaty then think I'll have to get rid of it. Love the sun but not so much when you have a bubba :( hope Cole manages to sleep ok x

So far the sleeping isn't a problem, he's been fast asleep since 7. It's just me being paranoid :( Hope Oliver sleeps well for you too x

Jess- Oliver had some sores to start with, think it was also the nappies as we went up a size and he was fine.
Found that Metanium (yellow tube) was fab for clearing up his rash and then using Metanium (white tube) to prevent it coming back!
And it could be the brand of nappies- we found Pampers, Tesco, Asda and Aldi all leaked and gave him a rash so we use Waitrose and they are fab!
Plus we are now on size 3 :eek: my boy is growing up too fast!!! X
Thanks il be shopping tomorrow! Well it's only one area so dont think he's allergic. But I've changed nappies anyway just incase and up a size. Xx

If he feels ok then I wouldn't worry. Plus the fan on is good. Maybe put in his room if gets worse x

Same here- got fans on in both bedrooms, windows open all day and curtains closed and the thermometer hasn't dropped below 29 degrees all day :(

It's one of those things I think guys, we had the same issue last year. It doesn't seem to bother them as much when they are a bit bigger we have found. Ours says 28Cbut she's just in a t shirt and a 0.5togbag and have opened all the windows upstairs,left her door open and will pull it too when we go to bed. Seems to be ok overnight. I think the thermometers are bit over zealous as well which doesn't help! X

Over here they recommend. Formula fed babies start weaning at 17 weeks so that's when we started
Sarah leave curtains closed but blackout blind up as it stops air flow thru the room...
I've managed to get Éabha's room to 21 tonight but all weeks it's been 26 / 26... Tho it's not nearly as hot over here (we had 21 degrees today)
I left her black out blind up, curtains closed n all windows n doors upstairs open all day so air was flowing thru... Doesn't help the temp for tonight sadly but maybe for future nights x

Sarah leave curtains closed but blackout blind up as it stops air flow thru the room... I've managed to get Éabha's room to 21 tonight but all weeks it's been 26 / 26... Tho it's not nearly as hot over here (we had 21 degrees today) I left her black out blind up, curtains closed n all windows n doors upstairs open all day so air was flowing thru... Doesn't help the temp for tonight sadly but maybe for future nights x

I leave his roller blackout blind up but we put the Gro blind up today so taking that down every day will be a nightmare. We're just going to open all the house windows and doors to get air through the house. Gonna just have to leave his door open tonight and risk the sun waking him up early. It's my turn to get up with him tomorrow so chances are it'll be 5am :I

Bet ladies, can anybody recommend a sun blocker for car windows? Preferably where u can see out of them as I put my little lady in the front as her car seat is rear facing so I can see her xx

Back