Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Our HV always used to tell me not to use it so I didn't tell her. Some people say it makes their babies constipated but it never did with Cole. Each baby is different though, some it's probably horrible for whereas others it's brilliant xx

Yeh that's what mine told me, but like you say each baby is different xx

How long do ur babies take to feed? Mia takes half hr. Is this a long time? x

How long do ur babies take to feed? Mia takes half hr. Is this a long time? x

No that's about average really. Connor can be 10-30mins depending how hungry... And my friends boy whos 2days younger takes 45mins to a hour! X

Cole has always been super speedy, 10 mins max. He's started messing since we started weaning because he knows he's getting food afterwards and prefers that now. My nephew used to take up to an hour for a bottle though xx

Well I have just tried the number 2 teat n she hardly lost any till the end when she had enough. 5oz in about ten mins! Little fatty xx

Oliver moved onto stage 2 teats at 5 weeks old- he suffered badly with colic so we changed from TT bottles to Phillips Avent and size 2 teats and it made a massive difference.
He now takes about 20 mins to drink 7oz!!!

After all I said earlier about Oliver not taking all his bottles, he has now started to bring it all back up!
He took 5oz at 5:15 and has been bringing it up ever since... Not in a projectile vomiting kind of way, more in dribs and drabs, but enough to go through 3 outfits and several bibs! Oh and all over my sister and then me!!
He's been doing it all say today and sometimes yesterday... It's like his milk isn't agreeing with him... Could it be the jabs?

After all I said earlier about Oliver not taking all his bottles, he has now started to bring it all back up! He took 5oz at 5:15 and has been bringing it up ever since... Not in a projectile vomiting kind of way, more in dribs and drabs, but enough to go through 3 outfits and several bibs! Oh and all over my sister and then me!! He's been doing it all say today and sometimes yesterday... It's like his milk isn't agreeing with him... Could it be the jabs?
Oh no, could be jabs. Would keep an eye on him. Has he got a temperature?

Are you burping him and keeping him upright during and after feeds? Does he seem upset with it? Perhaps a little reflux.

If it continues for a day or so I would ring HV or nurse. X

Poor Oliver. Could def be jabs though. Did he have the rotavirus one? Abigail went really sicky after that for a few days (spectacularly so in fact...and I was used to sick anyway!) it settled after a few days though and it didn't seem to bother her. Hope he's improved. If he's still having wet nappies etc I would see how he goes xx

Yeh he had the rotavirus one... Seems ok otherwise... But he's now got rosy cheeks, etc and when I spoke to HV yesterday she said it could be teething and I now agree...
One big plus is last night he went to bed at 10 and didn't wake until 5:30!!!
Baring in mind he only took 3oz at 9 I'm impressed!
He took 6oz this morning and went back to sleep and he's now awake having cuddles :) xx

Yeh he had the rotavirus one... Seems ok otherwise... But he's now got rosy cheeks, etc and when I spoke to HV yesterday she said it could be teething and I now agree... One big plus is last night he went to bed at 10 and didn't wake until 5:30!!! Baring in mind he only took 3oz at 9 I'm impressed! He took 6oz this morning and went back to sleep and he's now awake having cuddles :) xx

Sounds like teething to me too. Although it doesn't mean he'll get teeth anytime soon. Cole started around the time of our wedding when he was 9 weeks old and didn't get his first tooth until the week before he was 7 months. In fact he got two together. We've found having constant teethers on the go helps, we've got 5 so we rotate them. Usually keeps him happy for a good hour x

Need some advice regarding teething:

What teething treatments (gels etc) worked for your little ones?
And teething toys?

Any other help and advice to make my little man less grumpy??

Sounds like teething to me too. Although it doesn't mean he'll get teeth anytime soon. Cole started around the time of our wedding when he was 9 weeks old and didn't get his first tooth until the week before he was 7 months. In fact he got two together. We've found having constant teethers on the go helps, we've got 5 so we rotate them. Usually keeps him happy for a good hour x
Yeh I had a feel and he hasn't got any coming through at the moment... My friend's 2 year old boy started teething at 8 weeks old and didn't get first tooth until 8 months old!! And then got loads at once! X

Need some advice regarding teething: What teething treatments (gels etc) worked for your little ones? And teething toys? Any other help and advice to make my little man less grumpy??

We've used calpol, baby Nurofen, bonjela and the nelsons teething granules. They all worked at various times. The calpol and Nurofen we only really gave the week they were coming through or if he seemed in a lot of pain. The rest of the time either bonjela or the teething granules, or just plenty of cold chewy teethers. When Cole started weaning I'd give him cold fruit from the fridge to chew and cucumber. Obviously you're a while off that yet but it may help when the time comes. He may get them early though, I know Penny's Oliver did x

We've used calpol, baby Nurofen, bonjela and the nelsons teething granules. They all worked at various times. The calpol and Nurofen we only really gave the week they were coming through or if he seemed in a lot of pain. The rest of the time either bonjela or the teething granules, or just plenty of cold chewy teethers. When Cole started weaning I'd give him cold fruit from the fridge to chew and cucumber. Obviously you're a while off that yet but it may help when the time comes. He may get them early though, I know Penny's Oliver did x

Yep exactly what Sarah said. Anything cold. Oliver likes Sophie le giraffe to chew on but I know not all babies do. It's £10 for essentially something that resembles a dog toy!!

Yep exactly what Sarah said. Anything cold. Oliver likes Sophie le giraffe to chew on but I know not all babies do. It's £10 for essentially something that resembles a dog toy!!
Yeh I looked at that giraffe online and thought £10!!
Worth it if he uses it, but I decided to go to Tesco and spend the same amount on a load of teethers that you put in the fridge and a few others too...
And I have a house full of dog toys, maybe Oliver could borrow one haha?!!
I've brought Bonjela and baby Nurofen too and I have Calpol... And now a fridge full of teethers!!

I swear by Nelsons teetha granules. They work instantly for Éabha n last a good couple of hours
She's just cut tooth number 2 today n has only had calpol twice in the last 2 days at bed time n teetha during the day

I swear by Nelsons teetha granules. They work instantly for Éabha n last a good couple of hours She's just cut tooth number 2 today n has only had calpol twice in the last 2 days at bed time n teetha during the day

Would you be able to check the ingredients for me on the leaflet?? We've struggled finding granules that Stevie can have! They either contain milk/lactose or can't be taken by children with milk allergies!! No idea why!!

We've got through it with calpol and bonjela which I have a habit of calling it bonjoola- lol no idea why!! Xx

Would you be able to check the ingredients for me on the leaflet?? We've struggled finding granules that Stevie can have! They either contain milk/lactose or can't be taken by children with milk allergies!! No idea why!! We've got through it with calpol and bonjela which I have a habit of calling it bonjoola- lol no idea why!! Xx

Just got this from their website xx

image-3022613143.jpg

image-3741729774.jpg

Back