Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Yup I put solid ones down the toilet when we have them makes perfect sense! Xx

Back in hospital :-( due to bleeding having scan today just hope nothing problematic. Baby growth spurt yesterday and today on boob every 30 mins it's been torture but it won't last forever il survive I hope lol x

Back in hospital :-( due to bleeding having scan today just hope nothing problematic. Baby growth spurt yesterday and today on boob every 30 mins it's been torture but it won't last forever il survive I hope lol x

Good luck. Hope things are ok. I'm awaiting a scan too due to still bleeding. X

Thanks just waiting for scan now x

A bit of an update on Oliver- spoke to HV yesterday as Wednesday night we had a spectacular throwing up incident which involved a change of clothes for me and Oliver and a clean of the carpet in his nursery!!
Anyway HV thinks it could be his colic drops that are making him sick.
So she advised me to get him weighed so we could rule our reflux and at 13 weeks old he weighs 15lbs 12oz, following the 75th centile perfectly so no worries there!
He's happy in himself etc so we stopped the drops and wow what a difference!

The only problem we have now is he's taking a lot of milk. A LOT!
He's having 5x 8oz bottles which is 40oz in 24 hours :eek:
He is going through another leap but surely that wouldn't explain the hunger?
Is there a growth spurt around 13 weeks?
HV has said we will have to start weaning him at 17 weeks and maybe sooner as he's taking so much milk!

A bit of an update on Oliver- spoke to HV yesterday as Wednesday night we had a spectacular throwing up incident which involved a change of clothes for me and Oliver and a clean of the carpet in his nursery!! Anyway HV thinks it could be his colic drops that are making him sick. So she advised me to get him weighed so we could rule our reflux and at 13 weeks old he weighs 15lbs 12oz, following the 75th centile perfectly so no worries there! He's happy in himself etc so we stopped the drops and wow what a difference! The only problem we have now is he's taking a lot of milk. A LOT! He's having 5x 8oz bottles which is 40oz in 24 hours :eek: He is going through another leap but surely that wouldn't explain the hunger? Is there a growth spurt around 13 weeks? HV has said we will have to start weaning him at 17 weeks and maybe sooner as he's taking so much milk!

Our Oliver would have a lot of milk, I wouldn't worry. I personally wouldn't wean before 17 months, but that's my view. Will he take water? Maybe that will fill him a tad. Glad he is happier though xx

Our Oliver would have a lot of milk, I wouldn't worry. I personally wouldn't wean before 17 months, but that's my view. Will he take water? Maybe that will fill him a tad. Glad he is happier though xx
HV said def at 17 weeks and tbh I don't want to do it before and also it's only just over 3 weeks away so I can put up with the extra milk until then.
Yeh he does like his water and he is taking 1-2oz a day atm...
He's happy and growing up too fast! X

HV said def at 17 weeks and tbh I don't want to do it before and also it's only just over 3 weeks away so I can put up with the extra milk until then. Yeh he does like his water and he is taking 1-2oz a day atm... He's happy and growing up too fast! X

He sounds just like my Oliver. I say just keep up the milk. He won't take more than he wants x

He sounds just like my Oliver. I say just keep up the milk. He won't take more than he wants x

Yes it would seem our Oliver's are similar apart from the sleeping thing!
He's had 32oz so far today and is due an 8oz bottle at 10, which he'll wolf down like he has all the others :)
X

For those that weaned their little ones at 17 weeks, did you literally wait until the day they turned 17 weeks old or did you start a few days before?

Oliver is taking ridiculous amounts of milk- he had 42oz yesterday!!
And woke at 4:45 this morning and took an 8oz bottle (after going to bed at 10 after another 8oz bottle!) and then 4 hours later he took another 4oz!!
Yesterday he was taking 5-6oz every 3 hours until 9pm when he took 8oz!
I've got HV visiting next week so I'll be asking her about it too... I obv don't want to start weaning him before he's ready but he doesn't seem satisfied by his milk and I'm worried he's taking too much!
He's almost 14 weeks now so I'm hoping we can make him go to at least 16 weeks before we introduce other food but feeding every 3 hours is wearing me out!!
He hasn't done that since he was a few weeks old!

I didn't do it at 17weeks hun but is it worth thinking about hungry baby milk? Even just a bottle or 2 a day? Might buy you some time xx

3 hourly sounds amazing to me lol I was up every 1.5hrs on boob back down at least I got through the growth spurt that was daunting lol. Hopefully someone can advise you.

Can you give too much milk ? I mean he's a good weight maybe it's a growth spurt ? I'm sure things will settle down. I've seen people mention hungry baby milk ? X

I've gotten used to feeding every 4-5 hours so back to 3 hours is a bit of a shock to the system lol!!
Yeh I was wondering about hungry baby formula, am I correct in thinking that he wouldn't need it once I start weaning him tho?
I may grab a tub and do a bottle or 2 a day and see if it helps..

I've gotten used to feeding every 4-5 hours so back to 3 hours is a bit of a shock to the system lol!! Yeh I was wondering about hungry baby formula, am I correct in thinking that he wouldn't need it once I start weaning him tho? I may grab a tub and do a bottle or 2 a day and see if it helps..

Cole was always 3 hours and taking 6oz. He was on HB too. He's still on HB now, he's just reduced how much he has now he's on three proper meals.

Cole was always 3 hours and taking 6oz. He was on HB too. He's still on HB now, he's just reduced how much he has now he's on three proper meals.
Ok... I think I'll just have to put up with it and then start weaning at 17 weeks...
Did you find he took less when he went from normal to HB milk?

Oliver drank every 3 hours until recently. Thought that was fairly normal. Thinking about it, Oliver often had 8oz every 3 hours during the day. He was on HB but then told to come off it when his reflux was bad. Perhaps give HB a try but make sure you give water too x
Maybe it's an Oliver thing? Lol :)
I am a bit concerned about the constipation that HB can cause as Oliver currently has a poo every 3 days and I don't want it to get worse....
Maybe I'll grab a couple of the small ready made bottles to see how he goes, rather than forking out for a while tub... X

We always had 3 hourly bottles too, there is no problem at all with that, I would hold off weaning as long as you possibly can the closer to 6 months the better.

We have just started weaning now at 18 weeks but guess what.... We still have 3 hourly feeds only now it's milk and food, double work!! X

Back