Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Aw swimming really does wipe him out!

Does anyone know if i can still use the pool if i am induced ? Midwife is booking a date in just incase prob for the 15th

Aw swimming really does wipe him out! Does anyone know if i can still use the pool if i am induced ? Midwife is booking a date in just incase prob for the 15th

I went into labour naturally and I was able to use the pool... But cos induction is brought on by drugs (am I right?) and you can't have any pain relief in the pool (apart from gas and air) I would imagine not...
My little man arrived the day before I was due to be induced so fingers crossed it happens naturally for you too :) x

Well we tried it.. He didn't seen impressed:

image-496251262.jpg

But he did swallow 2 spoonfuls and is now in his chair happily shoving toys in his face!!

image-178412277.jpg

And you was right, baby rice is vile!
Yuck can see y babies don't like it, I'll see how he goes but I may do a purée of pears for him, give it some flavour xx

Cute! It's pretty grim try some baby porridge it's quite sweet. Pears make Ben gag but Oliver might like them but you really need to do a few days of cereals before fruit/veg. I now mix apple/pear into rice made with formula and although it's not a favourite, he will eat it x

Aw swimming really does wipe him out! Does anyone know if i can still use the pool if i am induced ? Midwife is booking a date in just incase prob for the 15th

I would say it depends. At our trust if you're a normal straightforward induction for post dates with no issues you can get in the pool once you're in established labour and the process is out. You can use it for pain relief before actually as well but that doesn't happen that often. At our trust you have to use the pool on labour ward as we induce at 42 weeks.
At another local trust however, if you only need one dose of meds and you go into labour you can go to the birth centre as they induce at 41+5.
I would say if you want it as for it. A lot of the time they are guidelines that can be interpreted in different ways and the 'rules' bent as it were. x

HV said to stick to just the rice for at least 3 days just to get him used to eating off a spoon and the different texture... She said if he really doesn't like it still, then add some fruit or veg purée or try porridge. X

Do babies put a strain in everyone else's relationship? Or is it just ours?? :-/ x

Last edited:
Do babies put a strain in everyone else's relationship? Or is it just ours?? :-/ x
Yes I think it does, it's hard work and quite a life changing event...
I can totally understand now y people split up after having a child...
Me and my hubby have had it tough, many rows but we're getting there.
Sorry to hear you're having a tough time x

Yes we have had hardly time as a couple. Most nights we are shattered and even often go to bed at different times. It's tough but I figure Oliver can't not sleep forever so just temporary between Paul and I, and we will have our time soon x

I guess it depends what you mean by strain but I don't think you're alone. Wonderful though they are I think having a baby is such a life changing event and although Benn is generally very good I get really irritated with him at times and I can't not tell him! Which means we get a bit grumpy! I think it's getting easier now she is getting older though and things aren't as time consuming and she can participate and communicate more. I do know of several friends though whose relationships really suffered when their kids were small. It's better now they are a bit older but one couple have both independently said without a doubt they would split up if they had more. They have 2 now. They are the loveliest best suited people you could imagine but both quite volatile and the bloke is really emotional (by that I mean can't handle arguing with his girls, and he gets so upset if they shout at him-one told him in the supermarket the other day she didn't like him as he wouldn't but her some biscuits-you know, normal
5year old stuff, and he had to ring her mum to find out what to do as he was really upset) and like I say they suffered. So no, you're not alone. If its any help I think men find it better as they get bigger rather than the baby stage...hugs anyway. Life can be a bit s**t sometimes can't it! X

I've known really strong couples go through hell after they have a baby. A friend of mine has been on the verge of divorce so many times since she had her three year old. And my sister, who has literally never argued with her husband, says that they've bickered far more since they had my nephew than they did before. I suppose it depends on how each person handles parenting too. Not in a show offy way but I'm so lucky with Tom. I can count on one hand the arguments we've had. He does annoy me from time to time with some things but I tend to bite my tongue as he's not doing it on purpose. But after reading your reasons for this question I wouldn't be biting my bloody tongue (as you can tell by my other, less calm, response lol). Xx

Thanks

I will keep my bag packed as it is then just incase, although the whole process sounds horrendous :-( so i may as well have an epidural cant be any worse then being induced. Although i have a week to go so who knows x

Thanks I will keep my bag packed as it is then just incase, although the whole process sounds horrendous :-( so i may as well have an epidural cant be any worse then being induced. Although i have a week to go so who knows x

It can be hard for some and not for others. Keep an open mind hun, see how you go and take each step as it comes. Xx

I was induced and just had gas and air. It was fine until I needed an emergency section xx

It can be hard for some and not for others. Keep an open mind hun, see how you go and take each step as it comes. Xx

My advice would be if you are induced and have the pessary, if at any point you think it has fallen out then get the midwife to check. My waters broke so kept going to the loo, and thinking back it felt like the pessary had fallen out and I should have pushed to e examined. Instead 12 hours later I was examined and it had fallen out so essentially had wasted that time.

Hope it doesn't come to that though. Positive thoughts that you'll go into natural labour x

I was induced too. Had gas and air. I had an epidural, more because the midwife told me I'd be in more pain than 'normal' labour but it made cole's heart rate drop about five minutes after they put it in so I made them turn it off. I ended up needing forceps so they gave me a combined epidural/spinal block for that. But labour itself wasn't so bad.

Can anyone with that wonder week app tell me if there is a 10/11 month sleep regression we could be going through?? Xx

Can anyone with that wonder week app tell me if there is a 10/11 month sleep regression we could be going through?? Xx

image-2292309495.jpg

This is the chart. Apparently Cole is going through one but (touch wood) we've not noticed any signs yet x

Back