Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Does this sleep regression ever blooming end xx

It looks like he is goin through one. But yeah teething too... Along with all the food I'm worried about him eating or not eating...hard work!! Lol xx

Rubbish :( I think Bens teeth are bothering him too :( cx

Just wanted to update you all on Oliver and weaning-

2 days he's had a couple of spoonfuls of baby rice in the afternoons and although he's not overly impressed with the taste, he's eaten it!
And wow what a difference- he's started to take lesss milk!
Still having 5 bottles, but only taking 6oz so total of 30oz a day... A bit less than he needs but, like HV said he's getting a bit of food too...
And he's more settled, none of this greedy little piggie routine he was doing, virtually no crying, and he's started sleeping thru the night again too yay!
Last night he went to bed at 8, he took 6oz of milk at 10 and slept thru until 6 :)
He had 6oz and back asleep :)
Think I will give him some fruit purée to go with the rice in a few days, make it more interesting for him :) x

Just wanted to update you all on Oliver and weaning- 2 days he's had a couple of spoonfuls of baby rice in the afternoons and although he's not overly impressed with the taste, he's eaten it! And wow what a difference- he's started to take lesss milk! Still having 5 bottles, but only taking 6oz so total of 30oz a day... A bit less than he needs but, like HV said he's getting a bit of food too... And he's more settled, none of this greedy little piggie routine he was doing, virtually no crying, and he's started sleeping thru the night again too yay! Last night he went to bed at 8, he took 6oz of milk at 10 and slept thru until 6 :) He had 6oz and back asleep :) Think I will give him some fruit purée to go with the rice in a few days, make it more interesting for him :) x

Really pleased to hear he is settled more. Excellent x

How do I know about reflux??

Oh and a pic to make us smile xx

Attachments

• image-2055566997.jpg
    image-2055566997.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 45
How do I know about reflux?? Oh and a pic to make us smile xx

I'll be honest, I'd rather happy kids and clean house than my sanity! Unless Cole was happy and the house was clean I'd have no sanity anyway ;) xx

I'd agree with the clean house and happy kids :)

Oh and on the Oliver front, after I posted that he produced his usual stinky nappy, but it was all the same as normal (tmi sorry!) so that means the rice hasn't affected him yay :) x

Just wanted to update you all on Oliver and weaning- 2 days he's had a couple of spoonfuls of baby rice in the afternoons and although he's not overly impressed with the taste, he's eaten it! And wow what a difference- he's started to take lesss milk! Still having 5 bottles, but only taking 6oz so total of 30oz a day... A bit less than he needs but, like HV said he's getting a bit of food too... And he's more settled, none of this greedy little piggie routine he was doing, virtually no crying, and he's started sleeping thru the night again too yay! Last night he went to bed at 8, he took 6oz of milk at 10 and slept thru until 6 :) He had 6oz and back asleep :) Think I will give him some fruit purée to go with the rice in a few days, make it more interesting for him :) x

Sounds good hun. Obv the right move.
I'm sure there is one of those meme things that sometimes life as a parent, will see if I can find it....

Haha love it :)

I love this one

image-1692781964.jpg

Weaning- what's the best purée to start with? Carrots or pears?
As Oliver is so young still, I'm thinking carrots are less likely to upset him... Going to mix it in with his rice for a bit of flavour... X

Weaning- what's the best purée to start with? Carrots or pears?
As Oliver is so young still, I'm thinking carrots are less likely to upset him... Going to mix it in with his rice for a bit of flavour... X

I gave no fruit for a good while when I started weaning as advised by my PHN as fruit = sweet = yummy... And "some babies" then refuse the taste of veg...
As a result (maybe) Éabha loves all things veg...
Also be aware pears will produce poo.. Not a bad thing but might be a bit strong for his tummy...

Sounds like he's doing fab with his baby rice :) x

Cole's had both fruit and veg from the get go and he wolfs down everything I give him. At the minute he equally loves both sweet and savoury foods. Takes after his mummy and loves his sprouts!! ;) He's not once turned away from any food I've given him and I try him with a lot of different foods x

Back