Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

You are "meant" to avoid fruit because of the sweetness as Frances says however carrots are pretty sweet too. Ben prefers carrots parsnips squash sweet potato to apple and pear x

I'm trying broccoli this week any tips for what to mix it with xx

Think I'll start with some carrots...
Saw HV today and got Oliver weighed- he's now 15 weeks old and weighs 16lbs 8oz :eek:
He's the weight of a 6 month old!!!
But he's following his line perfectly and she's happy that weaning's going well so said we can start introducing veg purées...
:)

You are "meant" to avoid fruit because of the sweetness as Frances says however carrots are pretty sweet too. Ben prefers carrots parsnips squash sweet potato to apple and pear x
Yeh my HV said to start with veg for that very reason... X

Think I'll start with some carrots...
Saw HV today and got Oliver weighed- he's now 15 weeks old and weighs 16lbs 8oz :eek:
He's the weight of a 6 month old!!!
But he's following his line perfectly and she's happy that weaning's going well so said we can start introducing veg purées...
:)

Ha ha ha... Éabha is 7 months today (going by weeks, not date) and at her last weigh in she was 15lb 8.5oz.. that was 2 weeks ago now so eh... he's weighing more than a 7month old... LOL

I'm trying broccoli this week any tips for what to mix it with xx

I was giving É broccoli blended up with cauliflower and potato.. Then added a bit of chicken in too...
Now I just give her the floret :)

Hi i dont want to go in any sooner then i have to but not sure when to call the labour ward. My waters broke at 2 am went in and was checked then sent home. For the last four hours i presume they are contractions lasting around 15-20 seconds around 8 minutes apart, how long and close together should they be? Pain is bearable at the moment x

Hi i dont want to go in any sooner then i have to but not sure when to call the labour ward. My waters broke at 2 am went in and was checked then sent home. For the last four hours i presume they are contractions lasting around 15-20 seconds around 8 minutes apart, how long and close together should they be? Pain is bearable at the moment x

They shud b about 3 mins apart lasting 40 ish seconds if I remember right?!
Verrrrry exiting.. Good luck xxx

They shud b about 3 mins apart lasting 40 ish seconds if I remember right?! Verrrrry exiting.. Good luck xxx

Thanks i really want to stay at home as long as i can ha ha , there getting more intense now slightly longer, not sure how far apart i keep walking round and forget to set the timer ha ha ! X

Thanks i really want to stay at home as long as i can ha ha , there getting more intense now slightly longer, not sure how far apart i keep walking round and forget to set the timer ha ha ! X

Ooo good luck!! I went in when they were 3mins apart.. but we did live 40min drive away! X

Hope you're doing ok xx

How are the contractions? Hope baby is well on their way x

Ooh Am so excited. Been ages since we had a new baby :)
3 weeks is ages lol
How u feeling? Ur prob in hospital now. Mayb even holding baba :)

Hope things are progressing for you Tink :)
Can't wait to see baby photos :)

Ladies- at what age did you start to give your little ones drink in a cup rather than a bottle?
Cos I've seen in Tesco, that TT do a sippy cup and it says from 4 months but I would have thought that was too young??
Although thinking about it, Oliver can grip his bottle very well and he's not quite 4 months...

Ladies- at what age did you start to give your little ones drink in a cup rather than a bottle?
Cos I've seen in Tesco, that TT do a sippy cup and it says from 4 months but I would have thought that was too young??
Although thinking about it, Oliver can grip his bottle very well and he's not quite 4 months...
I've been giving É water in her sippy cup since we started weaning... TBH she's not "getting" how it works but we keep with it.. She'll cop on soon enough...

Ok thanks... Think I'll grab one and see how he gets on with it... X

We are the same Frances he holds it and swings it round but that's about it xx

Back