Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I've just made a sweet potato purée for Oliver- does this look the right consistency?

View attachment 152956

And once made, how long can you keep in the fridge for? (My freezer is full, otherwise I'd freeze it)
And would you mix it with baby rice or let him try it on it's own?
X
Personally I'd add more cooking water seen as he's only starting out... but it really depends on how thick you think he's able for...x

Yeah I agree with Frances, I would add a bit more water. Have you got space for an ice cube tray? You can spread it into the cubes and then slide it somewhere? Easier to take out cubes when you need them then xx

Sorry.. I'd also give it on its own.. you can bulk it up with baby rice when he's on more food but just yet I'd give it as it is...
I wouldn't give it after tomoro... but that's just me...
As Susie says if you can fit an ice cube try in I'd do that... Saves waste and makes for convenient meals...

Thanks all, just waiting for his lordship to wake up from his nap and I'll give it a go :)
Found an ice cube tray and there's just enough space to put it in the freezer :) x

He loved it!
In fact he started crying when I put the spoon down so I had to give him more- he's had about 3 spoonfuls (weaning spoon size)!!

Sweet potato in his tummy, dummy in and falling asleep on mummy :)

image-2579837500.jpg

What age did you mummies wean your little ones? Connor feeds so much and more on the nights now. He stares when I eat too lol x

What age did you mummies wean your little ones? Connor feeds so much and more on the nights now. He stares when I eat too lol x[/QUOTE

We were about 5 1/2months but quite a few on here recently have been advised to start early. How many weeks is he now? X

He's only 13+2 so not quite yet! X

What age did you mummies wean your little ones? Connor feeds so much and more on the nights now. He stares when I eat too lol x

Cole was 17 weeks. Did it early for a few reasons, mainly his reflux x

18 weeks here due to reflux but still as sick as ever only now it's orange! Xx

We weaned at 5 1/2 months too x

Same situation here Jess- so HV advised me to start last week, he was 14+3 x

Yeah he's almost going 2 hours and having 4-6oz luckily he's still asleep now which is almost 2.5hrs now....

It's been a right killer. I'm hoping it's possibly a huge growth spurt and will end very soon. I'm very Zzzzzz! Lol

It probably is a growth spurt hang in there xx

Back