Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Hi ladies
Jus needin a bit of advice..since havin Emily in august im havin sooo many periods. Before her and lucad my periods were once a month maybe 2/3 days.
Well i am havin them all the time. I had me depo last week and last sunday came on mu period (i normally dnt have any with that) and i am still on it now which is a long time for me and its rather heavy?
Anyone else experiance this?
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've been having problems still too. Went for a scan to see if there is anything remaining but luckily was all clear. But that doesn't explain what's going on! Still bleeding 16 weeks on :(
Hope you get sorted asap x

Tesco early bird sale. 50% off. Only on items sold by Tesco so just filter it for items sold by Tesco...
Code: TDX-CV4L

Hi do you or did you cuddle your baby to sleep? I dont mind its the good part of getting up in the night but i dont want to make bad habits. If i put Brooke down she makes quite a bit of noise and sometimes drifts off if i rock the crib but more often she will wake up crying and i have to start all over again cuddling her to sleep which takes longer. Also i don't want hubby to be woken up too much with him going to work.

Shes only four weeks old so early days and she does sleep she feeds every three hours. Im also so scared of falling asleep myself, we lie in the spare bed when she has her bottle as i still cant sit properly !

Hi do you or did you cuddle your baby to sleep? I dont mind its the good part of getting up in the night but i dont want to make bad habits. If i put Brooke down she makes quite a bit of noise and sometimes drifts off if i rock the crib but more often she will wake up crying and i have to start all over again cuddling her to sleep which takes longer. Also i don't want hubby to be woken up too much with him going to work. Shes only four weeks old so early days and she does sleep she feeds every three hours. Im also so scared of falling asleep myself, we lie in the spare bed when she has her bottle as i still cant sit properly !

We fed Cole to sleep so many times when he was little. I personally don't believe that it leads to bad habits in a baby so young, they just like the comfort. He was bottle fed but he fell asleep on his bottle almost every night and during night feeds so we put him back in his cot asleep. At around 5 months, after his reflux cleared up, he went in his own room and started going down fully awake and has slept through since then. He plays for a few minutes and shuffles to get comfy then goes to sleep. So being cuddled/fed to sleep hasn't affected him at all x

Hi do you or did you cuddle your baby to sleep? I dont mind its the good part of getting up in the night but i dont want to make bad habits. If i put Brooke down she makes quite a bit of noise and sometimes drifts off if i rock the crib but more often she will wake up crying and i have to start all over again cuddling her to sleep which takes longer. Also i don't want hubby to be woken up too much with him going to work.

Shes only four weeks old so early days and she does sleep she feeds every three hours. Im also so scared of falling asleep myself, we lie in the spare bed when she has her bottle as i still cant sit properly !
I don't and didn't... If she fell asleep on the bottle, then so be it but if she was awake (which was the case most of the time except at night) I put her down n let her settle herself to sleep..
Its so hard to put them down though when you've waited so so long for them to arrive and they're so snuggly n gorgeous... I was just very aware of giving bad habits which would be harder to break, than make...

Saying that.. ALL newsletters and websites I've read say you can't give "bad habits" until they reach the 6 month mark... Its until that stage that they understand separation...

Girls need some advice on something I'm still not sure of, if I wanted to pop out for around an hour is it ok to leave baby in car seat and just clip it into the pram? If I was out for longer I would use the carry cot bit, but it's so big I woulda rather just clip the car seat on if I'm not out for long, I know it's not that good for them to constantly be hunched in there but nown and again is fine isn't it? I didn't realise how chunky my pram is but I'm not paying £700 for one of those slimline ones lol x

Girls need some advice on something I'm still not sure of, if I wanted to pop out for around an hour is it ok to leave baby in car seat and just clip it into the pram? If I was out for longer I would use the carry cot bit, but it's so big I woulda rather just clip the car seat on if I'm not out for long, I know it's not that good for them to constantly be hunched in there but nown and again is fine isn't it? I didn't realise how chunky my pram is but I'm not paying £700 for one of those slimline ones lol x

That's fine, I used to do it all the time until Oliver grew out of the car seat. It's very handy if they are asleep in the car seat as you don't have to disturb them too much when you move them to the pram.
My pram is chunky and a nightmare to get through narrow doorways as the wheels are so big but it's perfect otherwise!
What pram have you got? X

Yeah that's fine. I used to do that x

Oh good, the other day was the first time I used it and can't believe how hard it is :( it's the mothercare xpedior travel system don't know why maybe cause I'm still getting used to it but seems huge compared to the expensive ones I've seen, I do love the big basket at the bottom though x

Attachments

• image-542759508.jpg
    image-542759508.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 46
Hi do you or did you cuddle your baby to sleep? I dont mind its the good part of getting up in the night but i dont want to make bad habits. If i put Brooke down she makes quite a bit of noise and sometimes drifts off if i rock the crib but more often she will wake up crying and i have to start all over again cuddling her to sleep which takes longer. Also i don't want hubby to be woken up too much with him going to work. Shes only four weeks old so early days and she does sleep she feeds every three hours. Im also so scared of falling asleep myself, we lie in the spare bed when she has her bottle as i still cant sit properly !

I try not to, but I find it difficult esp like now when's he teething and he wants comfort.
He fell asleep in my arms the other day, not ideal, but it meant I could put him down in his cot and he slept for an hour and a half!
He does usually settle himself in his cot if he goes down fully awake, usually within 15 mins or so... He'll shuffle about, roll onto his side (his fave sleeping position atm) and he's sound :) x

Oh good, the other day was the first time I used it and can't believe how hard it is :( it's the mothercare xpedior travel system don't know why maybe cause I'm still getting used to it but seems huge compared to the expensive ones I've seen, I do love the big basket at the bottom though x

We looked at that one too but went for a Graco one as it was cheaper!! And it has a big shopping basket underneath- very handy for doing a quick shop round Tesco and the big wheels mean I can run people over who don't get out of the way grr!
Lol I don't really, but I'd like to, I mean it's a beast of a pram, who wouldn't see it coming towards them??! Lol x

We looked at that one too but went for a Graco one as it was cheaper!! And it has a big shopping basket underneath- very handy for doing a quick shop round Tesco and the big wheels mean I can run people over who don't get out of the way grr! Lol I don't really, but I'd like to, I mean it's a beast of a pram, who wouldn't see it coming towards them??! Lol x

I didn't realise you have a graco one. So so we!! Spooky how many similarities! X

2 hours should be the maximum time left in a car seat so that's fine. My prams huge and I hate it lol! But I really wanted front and rear facing ....... Ah well xx

2 hours should be the maximum time left in a car seat so that's fine. My prams huge and I hate it lol! But I really wanted front and rear facing ....... Ah well xx

Mine is too, hence selling it. Just waiting for free listings then it's off on t'ebay :) will do much more research next time!!xx

She never falls asleep after bottle on her own i have to hug her and pat her back. Also frozen let it go works well, i used to have it on repeat coming home from work singing at the top of my voice when pregnant so think she knows it, wish i had had a bit of variety now tho as much as i love it its driving me mad!

She did fall asleep after bath last night she has a big bath with us far easier then filling her bath up, so may try bathing her just before bed. If not hubby's off for a week in november so may try seeing if she settled herself then. I suppose im lucky shes in a routine of three hours.

Iv had to buy a second pram as the travel system i got fills the car up and the base is too heavy for me which is something you cant try when your pregnant to lift! So all i wanted was to clip the car seat on the pram but i cant do as i cant lift the base in the boot! So bought a pramette that stays in the car. They say they can stay in car seats for a few hours so should be fine for a quick shop thats what they where designed for i suppose x

I didn't realise you have a graco one. So so we!! Spooky how many similarities! X

Lol it's getting crazy!! Maybe we are twins???
I think you're the same age as me? I'm 31 in November x

Back