Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

We ended up getting a second pram, a Silver Cross pop just cos it's much lighter and smaller- it's the one we took on holiday to save room in the car as the Graco, as great as it is, fills up the boot!!

image-1084570864.jpg

You get free listings all the time now ( 20 per month anyway) just pay sellers fees x

You get free listings all the time now ( 20 per month anyway) just pay sellers fees x

Really?? I made Tom link his email to our eBay account instead of mine as I was getting fed up of emails telling me a listing was ending that he was watching (cars and motorbikes!) so I didn't know that. On Thursday I'll get some photos taken and get it advertised. Thanks x

Any mummies who've had their birthday since their little ones arrived- did you find that the thing you was looking forward to most was getting a card off your bub saying 'happy birthday mummy'??
My birthday is next month and Paul asked what I wanted and I said 'a card from Oliver' and he said 'is that all??' And I said 'yes' lol obv chocs and wine would be nice too :)

Any mummies who've had their birthday since their little ones arrived- did you find that the thing you was looking forward to most was getting a card off your bub saying 'happy birthday mummy'?? My birthday is next month and Paul asked what I wanted and I said 'a card from Oliver' and he said 'is that all??' And I said 'yes' lol obv chocs and wine would be nice too :)

Yep, the card was the biggy for me. Bawled my eyes out. Same as on my first Mother's Day. All I've ever wanted is a mummy card. My presents were obviously nice but the card meant the most. I've said the same for Christmas too. I just want to watch/help Cole open his presents, I don't care if I get nothing but a card x

Yep, the card was the biggy for me. Bawled my eyes out. Same as on my first Mother's Day. All I've ever wanted is a mummy card. My presents were obviously nice but the card meant the most. I've said the same for Christmas too. I just want to watch/help Cole open his presents, I don't care if I get nothing but a card x

:)
Exactly what I said to Paul about Xmas and I can't wait for my first mummy's day next year :)
After all, I've already got the best present ever- my son :) xx

Any mummies who've had their birthday since their little ones arrived- did you find that the thing you was looking forward to most was getting a card off your bub saying 'happy birthday mummy'?? My birthday is next month and Paul asked what I wanted and I said 'a card from Oliver' and he said 'is that all??' And I said 'yes' lol obv chocs and wine would be nice too :)

Absolutely. I got the cutest card from oliver :)

Yup I've had a lovely proper to my mummy card it's the best.xx

Jonathan threw out his first Happy Birthday Daddy card!!!! :eek: He said "its not from her. you bought it. you wrote it. its not really from her" She wrote it (I out a pen in her hand and she waved it about) and I signed it with her hand and footprint!!!!! I was so annoyed at him...
Its my birthday next month so will be interesting to see if he'll get me a card from her.. I will be VERY upset if he takes the same opinion... I don't ever ask for anything for my birthday as its so close to Christmas.. but cards are important!!

(PS.. I have only just this minute while reading realised its my birthday next month!! Holy sh!t!! Where has that year gone?!)

On the car seat front.. I took only the wheels and used the car seat as her "pram" only if I was gona be in and out quickly...
I have the Mothercare Expedier and I love it... I have bought a new stroller though for her at her Nana's as it was a pain loading and unloading it every evening.. I think its really light and nippy... Maybe I'm just a Mrs. Muscle ha ha ha

Jonathan threw out his first Happy Birthday Daddy card!!!! :eek: He said "its not from her. you bought it. you wrote it. its not really from her" She wrote it (I out a pen in her hand and she waved it about) and I signed it with her hand and footprint!!!!! I was so annoyed at him...
Its my birthday next month so will be interesting to see if he'll get me a card from her.. I will be VERY upset if he takes the same opinion... I don't ever ask for anything for my birthday as its so close to Christmas.. but cards are important!!

(PS.. I have only just this minute while reading realised its my birthday next month!! Holy sh!t!! Where has that year gone?!)

On the car seat front.. I took only the wheels and used the car seat as her "pram" only if I was gona be in and out quickly...
I have the Mothercare Expedier and I love it... I have bought a new stroller though for her at her Nana's as it was a pain loading and unloading it every evening.. I think its really light and nippy... Maybe I'm just a Mrs. Muscle ha ha ha
Men!!!
Thats exactly what Paul wanted to do with his first Fathers Day card but I got to it and hid it lol!
No way was he throwing that out!!

I know, my birthday is next month too and I only realised last month! Normally I countdown from the previous year haha!
But been a bit busy this year ;)

Men!!!
Thats exactly what Paul wanted to do with his first Fathers Day card but I got to it and hid it lol!
No way was he throwing that out!!

I know, my birthday is next month too and I only realised last month! Normally I countdown from the previous year haha!
But been a bit busy this year ;)

Boo, I officially make you 31 ;) x
I hate my birthday... So I don't do a countdown and when it starts getting close I try stop time.. But I never manage it :( lol

Can you also make me officially 31 too?? I'm fecking 33 this year :(

I hate my birthday... So I don't do a countdown and when it starts getting close I try stop time.. But I never manage it :( lol Can you also make me officially 31 too?? I'm fecking 33 this year :(
I used to love my birthday but after turning 30 last year I'm not so keen haha!!
Yeh sure, we are all 31 this year (unless you are lucky enough to be younger than that!) x

Beat you all 34 today!! Booooooooioooooooooooooooooooooooiiooioalalthough I have to say my thirties have been the best years by far! Xx

I used to help Thomas off to sleep until about 4 1/2 months, after that I worked on him going down himself and he's gone down fine since.

Buggies are so big! We bought a stroller for flying and I find myself using it just as much as our proper pram nowadays.

I've not hit 30 yet, still 28 :p

Beat you all 34 today!! Booooooooioooooooooooooooooooooooiiooioalalthough I have to say my thirties have been the best years by far! Xx

I'm 34 in June and have never been happier. Met Tom three months before my 30th and my 30's are definitely far better than my 20's were!!xx

I'm 34 in June and have never been happier. Met Tom three months before my 30th and my 30's are definitely far better than my 20's were!!xx

Well yea my 30's have been happier.. But I'd still much rather be the other side of it... For a start it'd mean being happy to have Éabha on her own for a little longer.. being on the wrong side of 30 means babies have to be rushed rather than enjoyed.. not that I'm not enjoying É.. I completely 110% am.. but if time was on my side I'd have her on her own for a little longer.. But I can't afford to wait seeing as it took 3.5 years to conceive her.. :(

Well yea my 30's have been happier.. But I'd still much rather be the other side of it... For a start it'd mean being happy to have Éabha on her own for a little longer.. being on the wrong side of 30 means babies have to be rushed rather than enjoyed.. not that I'm not enjoying É.. I completely 110% am.. but if time was on my side I'd have her on her own for a little longer.. But I can't afford to wait seeing as it took 3.5 years to conceive her.. :(

Yeah I'm the same with having another. But, then again, if I'd started having babies ten years ago I'd have had about 4 by now ;)

Back