Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Yeah I'm the same with having another. But, then again, if I'd started having babies ten years ago I'd have had about 4 by now ;)

Ha ha.

I'm 32 and Paul is 37 so he especially is aware he is an older dad. Just the way it is. Nowt we can do now. Paul could easily be nearly 40 when we have a second :s

I'm 24, but I feel older. I'd like next baby at 25, and 3rd at 27/28 then I think I'll be done. Just in time to kick John out, meet a new man and enjoy my 30's ha ha ha ;) :D xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm 24, but I feel older. I'd like next baby at 25, and 3rd at 27/28 then I think I'll be done. Just in time to kick John out, meet a new man and enjoy my 30's ha ha ha ;) :D xx Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Haha, I love that!! If I'd started at 23/24 I'd def have gone for 3 or 4. As hard as pregnancy was I loved the scans and feeling Cole xx

Haha, I love that!! If I'd started at 23/24 I'd def have gone for 3 or 4. As hard as pregnancy was I loved the scans and feeling Cole xx

I had my first at 32 and J still wants 3 at least!!!!!!

I had my first at 32 and J still wants 3 at least!!!!!!

38 is my limit, I don't want to be having babies when I'm nearly 40. But if I get to 38 and we're still ttc no 2 I'll reconsider. Hoping it won't take so long next time. I've got a lot of work to do with my body before early March now ;)

I'm 30 and Paul is 32 so plenty of time for a second... Think we're gonna try around Oliver's second birthday which would make me 33 ish if we convince first time, like we did with Oliver...
My 30's so far have been great but then so have my late 20's as I met Paul at 24 and married at 27 :)

I'm definitely not ready for a second yet! Maybe when Thomas is 2 / 3 and ready for some nursery although before him I said we'd have them quite close together :p

Luke's 43 but he's in much better shape than I am lol. I'm hoping to be pregnant with number 2 this by Xmas next year (35) and then if I decide I want a third it'll be a rush job when I'm 37 hahaha Luke concerned about being older but using it as motivation to keep fit n healthy xx

Luke's 43 but he's in much better shape than I am lol. I'm hoping to be pregnant with number 2 this by Xmas next year (35) and then if I decide I want a third it'll be a rush job when I'm 37 hahaha Luke concerned about being older but using it as motivation to keep fit n healthy xx

That's definitely good motivation.

Got a quick question Katie, if you don't mind. A friend is doing BLW with her 6 month old who suffered reflux quite badly and is lactose intolerant. The reflux seems to be affecting the baby again and she was wondering if there are certain types of food to avoid? She's seeing a dietician, just not for a couple of weeks so is struggling in the meantime xx

There is quite a big list and not all will cause a problem.
Tomatoes
Onions
Tomato sauce
Beans/spaghetti in sauce
Mash pots
Cheese
Citrus fruits
Strawberries
Fruit yog

White bread, biscuits, choc anything fatty.
Some babies that are lactose intolerant also have a problem with wheat. Best thing to do is stick to bland I know it says mash but I think it's one of the safer ones. Keep a food diary and see if there is any patten xx

There is quite a big list and not all will cause a problem. Tomatoes Onions Tomato sauce Beans/spaghetti in sauce Mash pots Cheese Citrus fruits Strawberries Fruit yog White bread, biscuits, choc anything fatty. Some babies that are lactose intolerant also have a problem with wheat. Best thing to do is stick to bland I know it says mash but I think it's one of the safer ones. Keep a food diary and see if there is any patten xx

When your little ones are teething, did they go off their milk?

Oliver always used to let us know he was hungry and he knew his routine so well, he'd kick off it for at 7am on the dot, even if we was then preparing it!!

But last week or so, he doesn't ask for it.
He'll take it when we offer but he doesn't seem bothered by it...
Last night he had his last bottle at 6:30 and bed at 7, that's his usual routine.
It's now 8:15 and he's yet to have anymore milk!!!
Unfortunately that doesn't mean he slept through the night- he woke at 8:20pm screaming, so we gave him Anbesol... Asleep until 1, changed his nappy, gave dummy and back to sleep.
And every hour after that, he would wake crying... It was wind once, other times just his dummy, and he would settle straight away and sleep for day 45 mins or so...
Paul said this morning it's great he's gone through the night without milk, which it is, but he's still been awake from most of it....
I got up at 7:30, came downstairs to get bottle ready, checked the monitor and he's finally asleep!
Sorry for the essay but my question is do I wake him for his milk (he should have had at 7) or wait for him to wake up and ask for it?
I'm just worried he doesn't want any... And I don't want to force feed him...
I'm assuming this is all teething related?
Please help! X

That sounds more like sleep regression to me I'm afraid, Ben was like this straight from 18-22 weeks it was a nightmare but it will be worse if he's teething too. Ben has not gone off milk with teething but he'd prefer real food to milk so I have to cut his portions back to make sure he is hungry for milk as that's most important. I think you said you gave him banana yesterday, it's quite hard for babies to digest banana so that probably kept him full xx

That sounds more like sleep regression to me I'm afraid, Ben was like this straight from 18-22 weeks it was a nightmare but it will be worse if he's teething too. Ben has not gone off milk with teething but he'd prefer real food to milk so I have to cut his portions back to make sure he is hungry for milk as that's most important. I think you said you gave him banana yesterday, it's quite hard for babies to digest banana so that probably kept him full xx

As soon as I finished typing that last post, I thought sleep regression!
Any tips on getting through it?

Yeh I've decided not to give him the extra 'meal' and just stick with the one, in the hope he'll still want his milk... He's now having a bottle thankfully...
Yeh he had banana...
I did wonder if the banana was upsetting him? But his nappies were no different x

Bens nappies were no different with Banana, he just seemed different but I still give it but only for breakup now.
With the sleep regression I did not handle it well, I was pretty near breaking point, thought I had developed post natal depression and I cried a lot!
What helped was going to bed early and getting Luke to do get ups until 1 ish to I had 4 solid hours, making sure I put Ben down for a nap in the day every couple of hours, I slept when he slept and my housework had to wait. The days when I went out and Bens day naps were disturbed were the most horrific nights where he would be awake 2-6am s I I try and only pop out in the awake time window, which does mess up social activities. Stick to your routine and try not yo change much
Chant.... THIS TOO SHALL PASS, through gritted teeth!

Eeeee my typos sorry, breakfast not breakup!

Yea I agree.. Sounds more like sleep regression..
Éabha didn't go off her milk but I did have to give her bonjella a couple mins before giving the bottle..
No tips on sleep regression unfortunately but I think its one of those "roll with it" situations.. Just have to ride out the storm.

When your little ones are teething, did they go off their milk? Oliver always used to let us know he was hungry and he knew his routine so well, he'd kick off it for at 7am on the dot, even if we was then preparing it!! But last week or so, he doesn't ask for it. He'll take it when we offer but he doesn't seem bothered by it... Last night he had his last bottle at 6:30 and bed at 7, that's his usual routine. It's now 8:15 and he's yet to have anymore milk!!! Unfortunately that doesn't mean he slept through the night- he woke at 8:20pm screaming, so we gave him Anbesol... Asleep until 1, changed his nappy, gave dummy and back to sleep. And every hour after that, he would wake crying... It was wind once, other times just his dummy, and he would settle straight away and sleep for day 45 mins or so... Paul said this morning it's great he's gone through the night without milk, which it is, but he's still been awake from most of it.... I got up at 7:30, came downstairs to get bottle ready, checked the monitor and he's finally asleep! Sorry for the essay but my question is do I wake him for his milk (he should have had at 7) or wait for him to wake up and ask for it? I'm just worried he doesn't want any... And I don't want to force feed him... I'm assuming this is all teething related? Please help! X

I think you can only just do whatever you need to cope and get through it. Wish I had better advice but I don't have the answer. Sleep whenever you can. Prioritise what simply has to be done round the house and do nothing more. Do online shopping or get someone else to do it. Share looking after oliver with grandparents so you can have an hour afternoon nap. There will be tears but we are all here for you. It's horrible and it nearly broke me many times but you do get through. X

I think you can only just do whatever you need to cope and get through it. Wish I had better advice but I don't have the answer. Sleep whenever you can. Prioritise what simply has to be done round the house and do nothing more. Do online shopping or get someone else to do it. Share looking after oliver with grandparents so you can have an hour afternoon nap. There will be tears but we are all here for you. It's horrible and it nearly broke me many times but you do get through. X

Thanks
It's like he's a newborn again... Just been and done the food shop and he thankfully slept (he loves the car seat and being moved around in the trolley)...
Off to my mums tomorrow so shall have a nap there and Saturday MIL is having him so I shall be napping then too!
He's a dream during the day, it's just nighttimes!
X

Back